DarkEnergy

Nov 27, 2017
Got tired of waiting for the updated patch so I did it myself :p

Put it in Shelter-0.22-win\game\
Starting the game with both the original script.rpa and this scripts.rpy causes an error. "Parsing the script failed."
Restarting after this error and the game launches fine, but the version is still 0.21 and no new content is accessible.

Starting the game with only this scripts.rpy causes the game to launch directly into the intro and I get an error after naming the MC.
Restarting after this error has the same result as described above.

Oraciion

May 28, 2018
i cant get the new wcenes do i need to start the game over i tried both patches
The Incest patch has not been updated. If you're trying to use it, it won't cover the new content, only that of the previous version. Just wait for the update, if you want to use said patch.

Orlox

Nov 11, 2016
Actually, I can probably make one that works with every new version as long as nothing major changes in the game. I'll try to do it tomorrow, I need to get some sleep now. :KEK:
Ok here's an incest patch that should work even when the game is updated as long as nothing major changes. I guess I'm now one of those "evil modder" that adds incest to games. :KEK:

There're 2 bugs that I know of in the current version (v0.22) of the game but they have nothing to do with the patch:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Install:
Extract and put the patch in Shelter-0.XX-win\game

DISCLAIMER: This patch is unofficial, I'm not related to anyone working on this game, I'm not even really a coder I just made the patch from what I've learned playing ren'py games and looking at their code and reading some threads on the F95 Programming, Development & Art board. It could probably be better but I tried my best. :p

Known Issue: For some reason at some point the dev stopped using all the different variables for the characters and just used their first name in the scene's code instead so you get the MC calling Angela by her name instead of mom, etc. I'll probably make another version later to fix those scenes but I think I'll wait after next version to see if anything breaks first. :LUL:

Last edited:

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Ok here's an incest patch that should work even when the game is updated as long as nothing major changes. I guess I'm now one of those "evil modder" that adds incest to games. :KEK:

There's 2 bugs that I know of in the current version of the game but they have nothing to do with the patch:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Extract and put the patch in Shelter-0.22-win\game
I know what teh issue is for the first kira thing. I fixed it on my end.
I'll check the 2nd one with this patch and see what i need to do to fix it too.

But if you're technically inclined and want to fix it yourself before i post the file sometime later then alll you need to do is
Decompile the scripts and navigate to events/kira/kira_route_romance_pregnancy.rpy then go to line 766
Add the following statement jump day4_choice followed by a new line.
The script should now look like the following
Code:
        "Return":
            player "I'll be back to check on you two."
            show kira talking1
            kira "Be safe out there."
            player "I will be, don't worry."
            jump day4_choice

return
Save the file. Reload the game and you'll be good to go.

Orlox

Nov 11, 2016
I know what teh issue is for the first kira thing. I fixed it on my end.
I'll check the 2nd one with this patch and see what i need to do to fix it too.

But if you're technically inclined and want to fix it yourself before i post the file sometime later then alll you need to do is
Decompile the scripts and navigate to events/kira/kira_route_romance_pregnancy.rpy then go to line 766
Add the following statement jump day4_choice followed by a new line.
The script should now look like the following
Code:
        "Return":
            player "I'll be back to check on you two."
            show kira talking1
            kira "Be safe out there."
            player "I will be, don't worry."
            jump day4_choice

return
Save the file. Reload the game and you'll be good to go.
Thanks, I hadn't bothered to fix this one since it was easy to avoid but I did fix the other one on my end. From what I remember, it's a simple error in events/general/car_movement.rpy when it checks for kira_job and the error was when she's the MC's bodyguard didn't test with her other jobs.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Thanks, I hadn't bothered to fix this one since it was easy to avoid but I did fix the other one on my end. From what I remember, it's a simple error in events/general/car_movement.rpy when it checks for kira_job and the error was when she's the MC's bodyguard didn't test with her other jobs.
Yep basic syntax error just missing an extra = in each situation.

Bug fixes below and how to apply them.
1. Download UnRen
2. Place UnRen.bat in the same directory as the game
3. Run UnRen.bat Select options 1&2
4. Close UnRen
5. Remove the Leading numbers from each of the downloaded attachements and place them in the respective spots
5a. for the Kira bug placekira_route_romance_pregnancy.rpy into /game/events/kira/
5b. for the Car bug place car_movement.rpy into /game/events/general/

EDIT: 2/3/2020 These have been natively fixed, the files are being removed.

Last edited:

DarkEnergy

Nov 27, 2017
Yep basic syntax error just missing an extra = in each situation.

Bug fixes below and how to apply them.
1. Download UnRen
2. Place UnRen.bat in the same directory as the game
3. Run UnRen.bat Select options 1&2
4. Close UnRen
5. Remove the Leading numbers from each of the downloaded attachements and place them in the respective spots
5a. for the Kira bug placekira_route_romance_pregnancy.rpy into /game/events/kira/
5b. for the Car bug place car_movement.rpy into /game/events/general/
This process works, but the version number is still v0.21 with the ipatch from Orlox and none of the v0.22 content triggers.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
This process works, but the version number is still v0.21 with the ipatch from Orlox and none of the v0.22 content triggers.
Worked fine for me.
Are you absolutely certain you put the recent patch Orlox made in the /game/ folder ?

LokiEros

Sep 11, 2020
At the beginning i like the game but when i see that didnt have any animation............. :( i cry.

4.20 star(s) 143 Votes