btrain33

Dec 29, 2018
This game recently caught my interest, so i'll drop in to help.

To put it bluntly, the scene doesn't trigger because of Melissa.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If we have a couple of bugs piled up I could try to make an unofficial patch by myself.
It's better than nothing until we get an official one.
CursedFlame,
Thanks very much for that explanation. That actually makes sense now that I think about all the playthroughs I've done to try to re-trigger it. Man though that's some really tight maneuvering there to get all the girls at that specific stage, especially if the player doesn't know about it first. Anyway, thanks again for the input.

Reactions: CursedFlame91

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
CursedFlame,
Thanks very much for that explanation. That actually makes sense now that I think about all the playthroughs I've done to try to re-trigger it. Man though that's some really tight maneuvering there to get all the girls at that specific stage, especially if the player doesn't know about it first. Anyway, thanks again for the input.
I doubt it's meant to be that way, it's probably supposed to be 'Melisa at 8 or more' to unlock the scene but the dev typed the wrong thing.

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
I doubt it's meant to be that way, it's probably supposed to be 'Melisa at 8 or more' to unlock the scene but the dev typed the wrong thing.
I was thinking about this but putting an equals or greater than in the code would do more harm than good given how it's currently structured.

So wondering why did this happen I checked the changelog for the latest version.

Melissa got 3 new scenes in the latest update, for both routes.
In the previous update state 8 would've been her final state but now it should be 10.
The devs just forgot to change the value.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I was thinking about this but putting an equals or greater than in the code would do more harm than good given how it's currently structured.

So wondering why did this happen I checked the changelog for the latest version.

Melissa got 3 new scenes in the latest update, for both routes.
In the previous update state 8 would've been her final state but now it should be 10.
The devs just forgot to change the value.
I would consider it very strange for the requirement for a scene to keep moving like that as more was added.

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
I would consider it very strange for the requirement for a scene to keep moving like that as more was added.
Yeah right?
It would make more sense to use a greater than in such checks. But given how the code is written currently it wouldn't work.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Yeah right?
It would make more sense to use a greater than in such checks. But given how the code is written currently it wouldn't work.

Seems like the logical thing to do would be to add a script for oscar that checks if the girls states are at or above the previous requirements for his scene. This way it fires independant of the girls triggers and doesn't increase their values as all you'd be changing is Oscars state to "Servant", "Exiled", "Dead".... Honestly not sure what all the outcomes were.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: CursedFlame91

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Yeah right?

I meant that the event with Oscar should have melisa >= 8, not all of her events. But yikes, that code is ugly! The events should be separated into blocks rather than adding and mb_route == True onto every one of them! If I was in charge of that codebase, first thing I would do is refactor it to make it easier to follow.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I meant that the event with Oscar should have melisa >= 8, not all of her events. But yikes, that code is ugly! The events should be separated into blocks rather than adding and mb_route == True onto every one of them! If I was in charge of that codebase, first thing I would do is refactor it to make it easier to follow.
It doesn't really even need that it just needs a proper trigger and stopping point for it.
here's one of the many lines that matter
if girlchoice == "all of them" and settlement_unlock == 3 and kirastate == 9 and melisastate == 8 :
jump angela_route_romance_oscar_remove_option

Now i'm not going to claim to be an expert on this but if you added a conditional to that is && Oscar_State = !Num (where num are the defined set of options that chose his new path) you should be able to then change the lines to >= without an issue because the game wont care what stages the girls are at just that they hit them and only have to check once more to see if you've decided Oscar's fate.

MachrMB

Feb 2, 2019
This game gets better by the update! Not really all that surprising, Winterlook delivers good quality content with every update of this and TFOI. Good to see that the options we now pick clothes on the characters now stick in every scene, especially the breakfast in the morning.

Got a weird little bug happening in the gallery though, anyone else experiencing this on Angela's images?
How you get that 3 sex scenes in kitchen?( bottom left) It is only one that left to collect for me

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
S.H.E.L.T.E.R. [v0.14] Kompressed

lossy compression was used, so the image quality is slightly worse than the original
Tools: Unren v0.8 by F95Zone@Sam and Cruncher v0.4.1 by F95Zone@bas

Win x32: - - - -
Win x64: - - - -
Mac: - - - -
Linux: - - - -

4.20 star(s) 146 Votes