yldennvolt

Jun 24, 2018
These script errors are nasty.

It's 2021. The game is using Unity. Unity is locale agnostic. How badly you have to fuck up your game code to break it for everyone else? I know there are gamedevs who add some locale and language checks to combat piracy, but this is certainly not the case here.

Every affected customer should demand either proper fix or a refund.
You should not have to edit your language settings in order to play a game.
How could customer demand a refund for a game which the language originally isn't meant for them? the game is designed to be played in Japanese only, if you want to play it in English without any trouble, just wait for Kagura version.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
These script errors are nasty.

It's 2021. The game is using Unity. Unity is locale agnostic. How badly you have to fuck up your game code to break it for everyone else? I know there are gamedevs who add some locale and language checks to combat piracy, but this is certainly not the case here.

Every affected customer should demand either proper fix or a refund.
You should not have to edit your language settings in order to play a game.
A proper fix to what exactly? The game is advertised as supporting only the Japanese language so blaming the company for errors introduced by machine translation seems a tad misplaced. Unless you are complaining about an error that is present when playing in Japanese without having modified the gamefiles any effort to hold the company accountable is always going to be a little absurd.

Pablotron

Jul 8, 2019
i tried this one XUnity.AutoTranslator-ReiPatcher-4.16.1 and work for me, i just place them in the game root and open, and them i change the Google translate to DeepLtranslate in the auto translator, Hope it helps
you... you... how can this be? i did that a hundred times already and the moment you appear... IT WORKED! aahh at least!! are you some kind of holy being? if i ever do lottery i will ask you for the number. thank you man, know that if i fap to this is thanks to you, thanks for the fap!

• Haha
Reactions: Lemuels

loka224

Oct 10, 2018
That's why it felt hollow then? The game wasn't complete... I liked the story and it's coexisting within the same universe as another one of their games, but the content felt dry... English only bn a test version makes alot of since can't wait for the complete version
The game itself is complete (they said that they will add more content for free later tough),i only said that this is the japanese version,the english translation will be done later by Kagura games.

choinn

Jan 10, 2020
How could customer demand a refund for a game which the language originally isn't meant for them? the game is designed to be played in Japanese only, if you want to play it in English without any trouble, just wait for Kagura version.
The language of the game is not important. A German game may work fine in English environment, just like English game in German environment. The game, as the product, should work regardless of exotic settings of the environment like locale of the OS. Just the proper OS version should be enough. While many Japanese-created VN engines like kirikiri might easily lead developers into breaking support for non-Japanese OS environments (hence their note "we didn't care to code the game properly so please switch your OS to Japanese so it can work" may seem somewhat understandable), breaking a Unity game in a similar manner is a sign of certain degradation.

Japanese developers, publishers and portals should know that there is no good excuse for a developer to not make the game locale agnostic. Any good software developer would tell you that this is a certain bug that can be easily fixed in most cases, and has little to do with customer targeting. In fact, fixing this problem will improve the experience for non-native users and increase sales.

A proper fix to what exactly? The game is advertised as supporting only the Japanese language so blaming the company for errors introduced by machine translation seems a tad misplaced. Unless you are complaining about an error that is present when playing in Japanese without having modified the gamefiles any effort to hold the company accountable is always going to be a little absurd.
It's not about translation. Script errors happen if you run the game without any machine translation plugin, crashing it. That might be fine for older engines but it should not be considered okay for Unity-based games. Changing locale settings in OS is a serious change that may mess up other applications, their settings and logs. You don't want to switch locale each time you want to play a certain game (or a category of games).

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
It's not about translation. Script errors happen if you run the game without any machine translation plugin, crashing it. That might be fine for older engines but it should not be considered okay for Unity-based games. Changing locale settings in OS is a serious change that may mess up other applications, their settings and logs. You don't want to switch locale each time you want to play a certain game (or a category of games).
Changing locale settings to play Japanese games is incredibly commonplace so I genuinely didn't think that was the point you were trying to make at first so apologies for my initial misunderstanding. As it stands my locale is set to English and the game is working after having taken the steps others recommended regarding deleting the pre-existing broken translation packaged with the game on this site and leaving the machine translation running.

So are you confident this is a locale based issue? As while they are commonplace I'm not sure how they would be afflicting you but not me in this instance, I have been running the 1.02 version of the game just fine with this set up. No crashes at all.

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
The game itself is complete (they said that they will add more content for free later tough),i only said that this is the japanese version,the english translation will be done later by Kagura games.
well the free dlc in ideology in friction felt more than it already was and it felt kinda stuffed as it was

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
Pls, i can't play. help me
View attachment 1225312
Play the game in Japanese and use a translator. Contrary to what others say you can still play this even without changing Region and Location. English Language in-game isn't really working as intended thus the error when executing commands (changing maps, H-Scenes, triggering other stuffs.) since scenarios file in AssetBundles > English isn't really properly coded out.

As other said, Use Translator, follow #4 of Aggro's Post.

Downside is close to nothing is translated xD TL Fix doesn't work on Japanese Language Setting of the Game but helps with the workaround.

If you are having trouble with quests or where to go, my workaround for that is to open another game instance, set it to English Languange, restart that game instance, save game on the Main One (Japanese Settings) and Load it on the other one (English Settings) to read it xD

OK I THINK I GOT IT WORKING MOSTLY.

So, after watching and playing around with other info here I think I finally got a proper install going more or less with my monkey brain. Here's the process.

I recommend you keep the archive as a backup in case you need to nuke and try again for whatever reason.

Step 1: Make sure your Region settings are correct. It seems you only need Japanese locale but it might be necessary to do the whole Region Japanese Settings. I don't recommend changing your system language to the point where you can't read it. (might want to grab a drink and maybe food, it's over 6 gb as of 1.5...)

Step 2: Extract to desired location. Don't touch anything.

Step 3: Download and follow the instructions for Reipatcher's Installation. It isn't included in 1.5 and not difficult to install.

Step 4: After you've done the Reipatcher install, Go into the folder named "AutoTranslator" and open the file Config with your text editor of choice (I like Notepad++), Find this line at the top, "Endpoint=GoogleTranslate" Change it to say "Endpoint=DeepLTranslate" instead. This is a much better translation. (Thank the individual from earlier who found this.) Save and exit.

Step 5: Run the game normally. Go to System Settings 3 and change the language to Japanese. Close the game.

Optional: Download the unofficial IC Tables translation. I have it but don't know how effective this is since you are running the game in Japanese.

You should be done, next time you start the game you should be able to play normally. You might have to be patient with the translation while it generates and a internet connection will be required for it to work "as intended" after all. This has not been tested thoroughly with any real intensity so there may still be issues. So far I have yet to have any.

P.S. It is almost certainly more beneficial to just wait this out considering the rate it's being updated. I have no idea when we will get a "Professional translation" and a de-censor. I however am not sane and live for this shit. I love playing around with games seeing how I can work with them till they break and then try fix them. Reminds me of modding bethesda games.

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 29 Votes