nyagura

Feb 20, 2018
Here is a question from a long time fan of JRPG games:
Why oh god why are so many companies switching to using Unity?
I have had nothing, but issues with the game Engine.....

Someone please tell me that it is much easier to work with, or something!
Otherwise I fail to see the appeal....

I have tried about 10 games in the last few months running on the unity Engine 9/10 had one or more issues/Crashes/Screen_Freeze.
Well, maybe because Unity is a ready engine (and multiplatform), has a asset store and you don't need to pay % from selling your product (but need a paid subscribe, if your product makes a lot of money), but who knows. If not Unity then what? GameMaker? Also, some people already said, that RPGM is too old and WolfRPG is too complicated.

Reactions: Marco110
Jun 22, 2017
Well, maybe because Unity is a ready engine (and multiplatform), has a asset store and you don't need to pay % from selling your product (but need a paid subscribe, if your product makes a lot of money), but who knows. If not Unity then what? GameMaker? Also, some people already said, that RPGM is too old and WolfRPG is too complicated.
Well.. thanks for your reply :p

I don't have answer, to what they should use.
My complaint is based on the part of them switching from a stable engine to one with a lot of issues as far as I have experienced.

RPGM is old for sure, but I would much rather have old, than unstable.

Reactions: chuckd2041

Xelloss69

Jul 24, 2017
I mean, Unity is a great engine for a dev. If you look, Hearthstone had been made using Unity as a side project. Funny enough, I never had issues with Unity games.

9alwa

Sep 16, 2020
I have been trying to make this game work since 1.00. I am just getting a white screen after unity logo pops up. No error message, nothing. Just a freaking white screen.

Does anyone have a link to the game without reipatcher and stuff apllied? I'm pretty sure that's what fucks up the launch. Thanks

Last edited:

Goblin Slayer

Aug 4, 2017
My advice to those having crashes, It may have something to do with the save data (probably some sort of data corruption), I tested the 1.07, played it for hours and 0 crashes. Then I downloaded a complete save to see a couple scenes I had missing and surprise! It started to crash a lot in many areas and many scenes even in fights, I removed that save date and restore my own data and I have 0 crashes again.

So try starting a new game on 1.07 and move your save to another folder (just in case) and see if that helps.

Reactions: rKnight

Sarek

Dec 6, 2019
How to Set the game to English:

You shouldn't change the entire system language, but you need to change the REGION and REGION FORMAT on the the same page of region settings to JAPANESE (Check attached image). The error seems to be related to the date format, not the locale. After that my windows interface still remains with my mother language, but clock format changed to japanese style. After this changes game starts to work properly!

Is there any other way?
Or not play the game without it?

Last edited:

Mori cho

Aug 19, 2019
this has got to be one of the most scuffed mtl releases right next to killing time
even just starting a minor grope scene sends it to shutdown

dima.245

Oct 11, 2020
translate.google.
tell me.
what is wrong with me?
it seems like all the requirements for the endings are met.
after defeating the final boss, there is a choice.
(1)watch or (2)skip the scene (event) call whatever you want.
I press "skip" everything is ok,
as soon as I press, "watch", Windows writes "error, the program will be closed" and so throws it to the desktop.
what is wrong here?
maybe you need to fulfill some other requirements in the game, or switch not only the time format and region. but also the system locale itself?
in the event log Windows.
writes that the error is caused by the UnityPlayer.dll file
it is written that Windows does not know the commands what it wants.

save26
on the way 鬼 灯 ル ー ト
pick between 処女 END
処女 で エ ン デ ィ ン グ を 迎 え る
and
純愛 END
鬼 灯 5 章 最終 盤 の 「激 戦 後 の 夜 に 結 ば れ て」 を ク リ ア 済 み で エ ン デ ィ ン グ を 迎 え る
(上 記 イ ベ ン ト は 淫乱 度 A 未 満 か つ 「眠 れ な い 夜 2」 の 選 択 肢 で 発 生 し ま す。)

save 29 after defeating the boss, 処女 END
save 30 after defeating the boss, 純愛 END

yangjuelek

Oct 8, 2018

It was picked up by kagura games, as expected.
Should wait now i think.
finally, right ?
the last game, ideology, takes 2/3 months since the JP released to be in steam eng version
hopefully they can do even faster

BUT, theres still a backlog of Island of Penance, another 111 game still unreleased but listed in kagura's steam page

so... yeah

3.00 star(s) 29 Votes