KuraScropia

Jun 26, 2018
and what will i do with that file ?
Go back to the post with the attachment, right click it and hit 'save linked content as..." (or whatever browser equivalent you use), take out the numbers and underscore ('####_'), and put it where it needs to be. If it asks to overwrite then you are doing it correctly. Hit Save and yes.

Minaro

Aug 4, 2018
Very sad, I've changed my region setting and date to Japan, but still this after MC wake up and try to get out of her room.

my settings on win10

anyone can kindly help ?
To put it extremely simple: The settings you have changed are the "basic" language settings, while certain japanese programs may still need those set to Japanese, they are far less important and generally just used by functions of sites/programs to determine how to best cater to you - like what type of content to recommend.

You would likely be able to find this all over this place or in a quick google search, as long as you know that those aren't the settings you really need to change. On the settings page you took your screenshot on there should be something similar to "More date/time settings & national/regional settings" at 'Related settings' or something (I don't use an English Windows version). You should also be able to administrative language settings near the bottom of the 'Language'(?) tab in the settings window you're at.
If you can't find it for whatever reason, you'll need to go to the control panel and look 'Clock and Region' or something similar - the brief description should tell you that you can change time, date or number format there. Here's what you're looking for looks like to me; 1629395415132.png
Once you find it, the window that opens there should have two tabs at the top - one for the different formats (date, time etc) which is the one you start on and one called "Administrative settings" or something similar. Go to the admin tab and then the setting to change 'System language' (Non-unicode language), which will require administrative privileges to change. Don't worry, unless you change your windows display language as well - which is done from the 'Language' tab in the settings window you found ('Region') in, Windows will be in the language set for display language. In the same window you can also find settings and/or links to where you change settings for preferred language (display language that sites, programs etc try to use), spelling, keyboard & input settings, speech language (likely only relevant for TTS and windows) and options regarding installed language fonts - more on that later as you may need certain fonts for some games.

For the most part you will not notice a difference from changing your system language except for non-Unicode programs, and even then it would most likely only change what certain characters produced by certain keyboard inputs look like or other minor differences.
For example, in 7-Zip my '\' (backslash) which is used for folder paths has been replaced by '¥' although only in (I assume) the core of the program, the main window still shows the "normal" file paths. The functonality is the same despite what it looks like visually, wherever there would be a backslash there is a yen sign instead, and the input for backslash produces yen signs. Copying the path (with yen signs) into a program that supports Unicode will again show you backslashes. I'm now aware of how Unicode works, all you need to know is that even if things look different the important functions should be the same - that said I only have experience on the Swedish->JP changes, programs where you notice the differences in the first place tend to be rare.

The TL;DR of all that is that you need to change your 'System language' (Non-unicode) to Japanese, and doing so should cause very few (if any) changes you will notice, and none of them should cause any problems for you. If it does you can always ask for help regarding that then.
I mentioned fonts earlier, the easiest way to take care of that is to go back to the 'Language' settings and go to the list of (prioritized) languages - there should be a large '+' button there. Search for Japanese and then select it, once you've chosen to install it Windows should automatically download and install everything you need. It is rare you'll need fonts not included there for a game or program, if that happens at any point bring it up then. Combining these two changes (System language & language pack) should let you properly run most JP programs, without the fonts you would either only see gibberish or the program might even refuse to run for any program that doesn't come with the font included.

Finally there's one more setting that is very rarely required to change, but some programs refuse to run properly unless you've set your timezone and related data to Japanese. One specific example I know of is the VN developer 'Hadashi Shoujo', all of the titles I've tested thus far required me changing my timezone.
To change your timezone, go to the "Date & Time" tab of the language settings, turn off all the automatic settings then find and select '(UTC+09:00) Osaka, Sapporo, Tokyo' in the dropdown list - may or may not be shown the same way in other languages, whatever the case find one that corresponds to a JP city. I haven't checked if there even are other options, as that one has alwas worked for me.
Unless you frequently run programs that require a JP timezone, you can then just switch it back to your own once you're finished with the program that required it - again, while I've run into it a few times most programs don't need you to change your timezone.

Those are pretty much all the things you should ever need to know regarding language settings for JP games and programs and will allow you to run (almost) all of them. There are still a few that may still need a Locale Emulator, but in my experience that's very rare. If you've done all of the above settings correctly, any errors you run into are likely about something else.

As an extra tip, if you install 'Google Translate' on your phone you can use your camera to have it translate things that aren't easily machine translated otherwise such as error popups, installers, in-game interface/GUI and anything else the available tools can't hook and/or there are no patches for.

This is long read since I covered (almost) everything you may need to run most JP programs as far language settings is concerned, but feel free to link anyone else you find asking about it to my post if you don't find a better one. I've been busy lately (I have a few other threads I need to check on at some point) and haven't spent much time here myself lately.
Reading the first page, it sounds like this game (or at least this package of it) in particular cares about the timezone settings I mentioned, but I haven't checked myself. It's up to you if you prefer to check if you can run it just by changing the other settings before changing your system language.

Last edited:

angelpewds

Dec 27, 2018
Go back to the post with the attachment, right click it and hit 'save linked content as..." (or whatever browser equivalent you use), take out the numbers and underscore ('####_'), and put it where it needs to be. If it asks to overwrite then you are doing it correctly. Hit Save and yes.
Oh , my bad to not read it careful , thank you very much

Reactions: KuraScropia

NaviGTR

Apr 11, 2019
I have a flowchart from ONEONE1 Ci-en page, but it's fully in Japanese and the charts are all pictures, so you have to run it through Google Translator on your phone or through something similar.
can you share your file? ci-en page site cant open because blocked by the goverment in my country...
i use vpn, but cant help trough in login site ci-en, always error. if i turn off vpn, it cant open the web because blocked..

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
Is an actual translation in the works? Does anyone know? Would love to play this if it's perfectly understandable and enjoyable (which MTLs often aren't)...

qazad

Dec 30, 2017
Is an actual translation in the works? Does anyone know? Would love to play this if it's perfectly understandable and enjoyable (which MTLs often aren't)...
is working on it, so its only a question of .
Could take some months though, we'll have to wait and see.

boss.mimoto

Jul 24, 2018
is working on it, so its only a question of .
Could take some months though, we'll have to wait and see.
Somehow doubt it's gonna be months. I've been waiting for Princess Zeven for, what, 3 years now? It's like they've already forgot about it

3.00 star(s) 29 Votes