Stompai

Oct 7, 2017
Just noticed that the auto translator sometimes remove the manual line break Command
That's why we sometimes have long ass dialogue lines going way out of the text box.
Currently trying to brute force my way into making it not happen, at least not as bad as currently, not sure how it's gonna comes out.
Edit : Yeah let's forget about that one ^ for now, created more problem than anything really, it might be possible to do something with regexes and such but I'm not proficient enough to achieve it

Also trying to reduce the load on DeepL and the size of the txt file by adding some regexes to it. Because it currently add a new line (and send a new request to DeepL) each times numbers are involved, each times you gain money for exemple.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xander Moro

Xander Moro

Jan 6, 2019
What can I say, this is just a masterpiece from Kagura ! After something as good as Ideology In Friction, this one raised their bar even higher as a game maker!
Animations, cool and expanded plot, H scenes, lots of girls.
I'll buy three copies without hesitation, it's top 2021 !

• Angry
Reactions: Trollwut

Cross Zero

Jun 12, 2018
Did ONEONE1 say anything about the 2.0 version of the game? They released a test version of it a couple months back.

Stompai

Oct 7, 2017
Did ONEONE1 say anything about the 2.0 version of the game? They released a test version of it a couple months back.
Yeah, 2.0 or "Append" as they like to call it is announced for spring 2022, Japanese version 2.0.
For English, Kagura never gives much info about their progress, but OneOne1 told in a short news that Kagura told them that the English Uncensored version of 2.0 "Append" should be available for us end spring-summer 2022, on their site and on steam.

Cross Zero

Jun 12, 2018
Huh, I guess that means kagura is currently just waiting for that release... I wonder if/how much that will expand the content for the other 2 girls.

Stompai

Oct 7, 2017
Huh, I guess that means kagura is currently just waiting for that release... I wonder if/how much that will expand the content for the other 2 girls.
Can't say for sure, but knowing OneOne1 it will be pretty big, last game's append DLC added around 80 new CGs (with half of them being H-CG) to the base game's 170+ iirc, and that was a game with 5 artists working on it.

This one has 430+ (with 290+ H ones) in the base game with 9 artists working on it. So I kinda expect lots of content for the 2.0

• Wow
Reactions: Xander Moro

Cross Zero

Jun 12, 2018
Hrm, I hope this time it won't be bugged. Half of the Ideology in friction append scenes aren't working atleast in the english version, dunno about the JP one...

unholy baker

Apr 25, 2018
Yo, I took a quick look at the game (ver. 1.10.2 uploaded previous page) 'cause I was tired of waiting for Kagura.
Thanks for your work, but one thing I don't really understand is why not just run all the text through once, and pack that in place of the original, rather than have this auto translator hook? I've seen this "streaming" translation on several games, especially Unity ones, but it always seems super inefficient to me.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Thanks for your work, but one thing I don't really understand is why not just run all the text through once, and pack that in place of the original, rather than have this auto translator hook? I've seen this "streaming" translation on several games, especially Unity ones, but it always seems super inefficient to me.
Unity doesn't work like that, a manual translation replacing the text generally requires the project files, which are not distributed outside of the developers (in general). The auto translation is basically an overlay that reads the text the game outputs and overlays the translated text on top of it. Yes, it's slow (the first time the text appears) and janky , but is basically the only option for unity games.

You can get all the text output from reipatcher and manually edit it / translate it better, but most people don't bother for their own reasons.

It does have some advantages over the manual translations you mentioned, in that for in development games you'd basically need to redo the entire process of inputting the translated text for every update. Also, translations of the in game text can fuck up any game, depending on how they were coded. Since it's not actually modifying the game files reipatcher doesn't cause game bugs due to the translation.

Stompai

Oct 7, 2017
More or less the same as the user above said, doing that would require getting directly in unity and doing archeological work to search for the things that need to be translated, it require getting access to the games files and unity knowledge, and it's definitely not as simple as extracting a text file, running it through a translator, and putting it back in.

Another point is that, the game is rather big, I'm currently at chapter 4 in my playthrough, and the auto translator already extracted several thousands lines of text, slowly closing in on 10k. And I don't think any free mtl program would allow such a large amount at once without ip-blocking and even paid version have quota limits.

Reipatcher is much more simple for now, until kagura provide the official english version. Easy to use, easy to share, easy to edit.

I'm a bit busy right now but I'm planning to provide a template partial patch, separating the different parts of the game in different .txt files, which will allow motivated people to edit it easier.
2021-12-28 01_05_53-Text.png
Like this

Cross Zero

Jun 12, 2018
This one has 430+ (with 290+ H ones) in the base game with 9 artists working on it. So I kinda expect lots of content for the 2.0
Ohhh that's why there are some differences between scenes I guess. It also explains why the standing CGs are so wierdly skinny as opposed to the proper CGs.

Reactions: Stompai

jess7979

Jun 29, 2018
Took me longer trying to fix this than playing all oneone1 games (other than this ) combined. I fucking give up

Ima wait for Kaagura version
Same, hoping the loli wont be a problem for them to port over, Usually oneone1 hits up right in my ally with female protagonist corruption. I was getting tired of the first 3 with bad translation

Hurtti

Nov 2, 2021
Yo, I took a quick look at the game (ver. 1.10.2 uploaded previous page) 'cause I was tired of waiting for Kagura.

So I patched it with the latest ReiPatcher version, edited it so that it's DeepL that do the translation instead of Google and also did some manual edits (nothing fancy, just a couple things here and there such as names and menu, spent like 20 minutes on it)
Only cons is that DeepL takes a couple more seconds to translate any lines in the game compared to Google but it's better quality.
Currently putting it in a .rar and uploading it, will edit post with links when it's done

Edit :

1- Make Sure your Region AND Hour Window settings are both in Japanese, or it won't work.
2- Launch using the regular SamuraiVandalism.exe, not the shortcut with (Patch and Run), or it will overwrite any change I made.
3- If you want to do some manual edits of your own, just open "_AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt" located in [AutoTranslator -> Translation -> en -> Text] in the game folder. That's where ReiPatcher store any Hooked and translated text, it's rather easy to understand how to edit anything (You can also try to play with the other txt files but it might mess things up).

Edit 2 : Here's a small patch with Manual edits and some "consistency programming" I did with ReiPatcher. Should help with maintaining consistency when names, locations, currency etc are used. I'm not that far in my playthrough (chapter 2) so I'll maybe update it again later.

- Extract AutoTranslator.rar in main game folder (with main .exe) and overwrite when asked.
I have never used Reipatcher so, does this version of yours still reguire reipaatcher or is this already translated with it?

Reactions: TomaRi

unholy baker

Apr 25, 2018
Thanks for explaining, Soul and Stompai. I'm not familiar with Unity at all, but I think I understand now. Looking at the docs, I'd guess they're TextAssets, and with all the allowed formats, serialization, and likely compression, it's quite the pain to recover and replace them. That's quite the challenge to solve indeed.. I imagine that even if you can retrieve the files, there might be other issues, like finding all the right strings to translate, and possibly integrity checks when reserializing them, if that's even possible. I'll have to look into how ReiPatcher works, I'd guess it's a fancy memhook, but it sounds like it could be more interesting.

Stompai

Oct 7, 2017
I have never used Reipatcher so, does this version of yours still reguire reipaatcher or is this already translated with it?
No need to download or install anything, the game is already patched, ReiPatcher is an "extract and run" type external plugin that doesn't require to do anything once applied. At least for the use we want to make of it.

Hurtti

Nov 2, 2021
No need to download or install anything, the game is already patched, ReiPatcher is an "extract and run" type external plugin that doesn't require to do anything once applied. At least for the use we want to make of it.
Yeah i figured it out by downloading and looking it up, but thanks for reply. Also in the settings there is setting called extra forced release (i think it was called that) what does that mean in english :D It was set on disabled on standard so i didnt touch it but im curiuos. Also the the translation is quite bearable, it is even better than some of older oneone1 games like heiress and dark elf:DD

3.00 star(s) 29 Votes