Who's your favorite character in SandStorm?

• Maddie

Votes: 850 28.4%
  • Nora

Votes: 852 28.4%
  • Rion

Votes: 1,268 42.3%
  • The Priestess

Votes: 480 16.0%

• Total voters

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
with renders like this u cant beleve that he is doing it for first time,can u?
well
i have seen "Artemis" - this is out of league
this here is pretty good , but not outstanding - for a first time still very good

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
v0.4 means it's roughly 40% of the episode
v1.0 will be the end of the episode, and it will happen in 2021

Erastorm is the name of the game/saga where the plan is to have at least 3 episodes, maybe more.
The episodes were supposed to be shorter at first, they are linked but they have their own story and can be played independently.

But SandStorm episode is almost getting the size of a standalone game as I get new ideas and add new stuff compared to what I planned at first. This episode is also a lab for me because I'm a newbie dev (I started 6 months ago) and I'm trying to develop my techniques and get some experience in that business. Little by little, I'm improving in all aspects, no one can be perfect right away, and we always learn at all ages, at all times. Maybe I'm delusional, but I believe I'm doing an okay job (at least better than I thought) considering the little experience I have.

Now, how much content I add to this episode, and how deep I will develop the game depends also on the support I get for it. Clearly, I'm not getting any benefit from it right now, and it takes most of my free time. Thank god I like to do that, but in terms of the business market, I guess I'm bad at it ^^.
Sandstorm will be finished no matter what with the same spirit, with respect to the ones that support me so far, enjoy the game, or comment on it. I would hate to let down the people who believe in me even if there are not that many, but unless I get a big increase of support, I just might keep only the main routes that are important for the story and not multiplicate the side routes more than needed, or create new routes I didn't plan at first. You don't imagine the amount of work it is to manage that many routes, and trying to keep them logical.

As for the second episode (which is now more like a second game) it will be named SnowStorm.
I already created half of the casting. Because I'm in a good mood, I'm leaking one of them here ^^

View attachment 1129346

During late summer, I will release a (big) demo of SnowStorm as I believe it will be at another level of technique and quality with the same principle of VN where choice matters and with some adjustments in terms of gameplay from the experience I got from the first episode. The feedback I will get from the demo will mainly decide the outcome of the second episode. If it is positive, the first release of Episode 2 will happen as soon as Episode 1 is finished.
Now, you guys know everything^^
That's one bangable Valkyrie. Please tell me her name is Heidi.

Reactions: GleenXstudio

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
1617913716171.png
I'm amazed by Rion's popularity. I thought Nora would have balanced things a bit after this update... :unsure:
As for Maddie, she seems to have her steady fanbase
Is it because Nora came later in the game? Or because Rion is just too great?

We need a new wt for ver.0.4 please???!!
You already have this : https://f95zone.to/threads/erastorm-episode-1-sandstorm-v0-4-0-gleenx-studio.70133/post-5497639
Or this : https://f95zone.to/threads/erastorm...-3-5-multi-mod-shaddymodda.70160/post-5504712

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dovv

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
But, don't we have to deal with some NTR first, in order to steal the girl? That's what I was thinking and why I avoided her.
Not really (strictly speaking it would be more voyeurism than NTR as they are a couple – the dude is not stealing her from the MC). If you go for Rion, there are no sex scenes between her and her boyfriend; they are already on the outs when the MC swoops in to take advantage.

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
But, don't we have to deal with some NTR first, in order to steal the girl? That's what I was thinking and why I avoided her.
What do you mean have to deal with some NTR first? Rion is not MC GF so how is that NTR? Your crush have a BF is not NTR
Also we never see they fucking either and at current rate it look like she is fall in love with the MC and will dump her BF very soon.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Alright, it's not overly bad, but before you continue, put a post out looking for a decent English translator, since it is really required here.
You can even list it as an unpaid assignment but add their name in the credits.

D

Deleted member 3181804

The writing is juvenile. Teenagers were obviously employed to write the dialogue! Most of them failed Standard Grade English. I love visual novel games, but when the writing is so poor, it just drags down the genre.

• Angry
Reactions: ZagorTeNay
D

Deleted member 3181804

Or you know, the dev isn't a english native speaker?
That is literally no excuse! Don't release it then! Or get a competent translator to edit your work! When a visual novel is 60-70% text it has to be good.

• Angry
Reactions: arroganz
D

Deleted member 3181804

Excuses like 'he's not a native English speaker' are worthless and it only damages the product they are trying to sell.

• Angry
Reactions: ZagorTeNay

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
The writing is juvenile. Teenagers were obviously employed to write the dialogue! Most of them failed Standard Grade English. I love visual novel games, but when the writing is so poor, it just drags down the genre.
That is literally no excuse! Don't release it then! Or get a competent translator to edit your work! When a visual novel is 60-70% text it has to be good.
Excuses like 'he's not a native English speaker' are worthless and it only damages the product they are trying to sell.
And Im guessing you are that competent translator, and promising writer as well, just waiting for an opportunity to raise this, and many other games, to the sky-high-levels, arent ya?

4.10 star(s) 68 Votes