Who's your favorite character in SandStorm?

• Maddie

Votes: 850 28.4%
  • Nora

Votes: 852 28.4%
  • Rion

Votes: 1,268 42.3%
  • The Priestess

Votes: 481 16.1%

• Total voters

dumbass55

Jun 23, 2019
"Indeed, we will learn how a simple woman became queen, and after that almost replaced a goddess." Spoiler alert: It's because the king got horny.

• Haha
Reactions: GleenXstudio

muizdps

Feb 26, 2021
How is the NTR of the game? Any one care to recommend or explain that aspect of the game, as that is the only thing I'm looking for. Appreciate any help.

sevendustkorn1008

Mar 24, 2020
How is the NTR of the game? Any one care to recommend or explain that aspect of the game, as that is the only thing I'm looking for. Appreciate any help.
Very minimal. Up until this last update, there was no NTR. This last update introduced the first elements of NTR. Two of the three girls you don't pursue (you can only pursue 1 per playthrough, more or less) will have sex with others in this last update. One has sex with her boyfriend in the bathroom, and catches you watching them. The other you don't see. It happens behind closed doors, so you only hear her having sex with an unknown person. And both are only seen if you choose to go see them. You can choose who to go see at night. If you choose the girl you're pursuing, you won't see the other scenes. If you choose the girls you're not pursuing, you'll see the scenes before finally going to see the girl you're pursiong.

That's the extent of it. This isn't a NTR focused game, so if you're looking for that, you should probably look elsewhere. If you want an interesting story with romance, with only hints of NTR, than this game is good.

Dec 28, 2019
Very minimal. Up until this last update, there was no NTR. This last update introduced the first elements of NTR. Two of the three girls you don't pursue (you can only pursue 1 per playthrough, more or less) will have sex with others in this last update. One has sex with her boyfriend in the bathroom, and catches you watching them. The other you don't see. It happens behind closed doors, so you only hear her having sex with an unknown person. And both are only seen if you choose to go see them. You can choose who to go see at night. If you choose the girl you're pursuing, you won't see the other scenes. If you choose the girls you're not pursuing, you'll see the scenes before finally going to see the girl you're pursiong.

That's the extent of it. This isn't a NTR focused game, so if you're looking for that, you should probably look elsewhere. If you want an interesting story with romance, with only hints of NTR, than this game is good.
On the NTR subject, I let my curiosity and my dislike of secrets get the better of me and regretted talking Maddie into sharing her dream. I should have heeded the NTR warning. and let my MC think she was dreaming about him. Ignorance is bliss. lol. I bring it up because this was from before the last update.

Last edited:

sevendustkorn1008

Mar 24, 2020
On the NTR subject, I let my curiosity and my dislike of secrets get the better of me and regretted talking Maddie into sharing her dream. I should have heeded the NTR warning. and let my MC think she was dreaming about him. Ignorance is bliss. lol. I bring it up because this was from before the last update.
Yea, it was before this update, but it's a dream. And she was playing with a statue. I don't know how that's much different than playing with a dildo, lol. This is just me (well, not just me), but anything that happens in a dream is not NTR. It's a dream. It's not real.

Reactions: HaremGamesHater

BadWarThunder

May 9, 2020
The developer should drop this "men are evil, powerful women are angels XoXo" thing in the game. The game is very interesting and funny (at least as far as the second temple). No need to imprint it with modern "feminism". Just let us laugh and enjoy the pretty comic game.

Dec 28, 2019
Yea, it was before this update, but it's a dream. And she was playing with a statue. I don't know how that's much different than playing with a dildo, lol. This is just me (well, not just me), but anything that happens in a dream is not NTR. It's a dream. It's not real.
Dildos are inanimate objects. Watching a scene where a big black statue comes to life and dicks your gal...to me that's NTR with a bit of BBC raceplay tossed in. Dream or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hunterfang

sevendustkorn1008

Mar 24, 2020
Dildos are inanimate objects. Watching a scene where a big black statue comes to life and dicks your gal...to me that's NTR with a bit of BBC raceplay tossed in. Dream or not.
I went back to confirm it, but the statue did not come to life. Its "dick" popped out after Maddie moved the Ahnk. It was a mechanism. After that, Maddie played with the statue herself, the statue did not "dick her down". It was still an inanimate object. So, like I said, no different from playing with a dildo, which isn't NTR (especially if it's in a dream).

The developer should drop this "men are evil, powerful women are angels XoXo" thing in the game. The game is very interesting and funny (at least as far as the second temple). No need to imprint it with modern "feminism". Just let us laugh and enjoy the pretty comic game.
What in overly sensitive masculinity are you talking about? I never once got any feminism vibes from this game. The main antagonist that we have, so far, is a woman. So, how is it that men are being portrayed as evil? Stop trying to push narratives into the game that don't exist.

BadWarThunder

May 9, 2020
I went back to confirm it, but the statue did not come to life. Its "dick" popped out after Maddie moved the Ahnk. It was a mechanism. After that, Maddie played with the statue herself, the statue did not "dick her down". It was still an inanimate object. So, like I said, no different from playing with a dildo, which isn't NTR (especially if it's in a dream).

What in overly sensitive masculinity are you talking about? I never once got any feminism vibes from this game. The main antagonist that we have, so far, is a woman. So, how is it that men are being portrayed as evil? Stop trying to push narratives into the game that don't exist.
Are you blind? What part of Nefertari's description from Maddie didn't you get? Maddie describes her, in short, as a powerful woman (I have no issues with that) that cleans up the mess all men made. It even uses almost the same words. And how about almost every interaction with Maddie is about empowering women and sidepushing the men? I suggest you go once more over the interactions the MC has with Maddie, if you don't believe me.

With this exception, the game is VERY VERY cool. It has an original plot too. As far as I know, there are not that many games with the supernatural/trying to find immortality theme and even less set in Egypt. And the dialogue is pretty good. +1 from me, dev.

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
I think you are both right, no need to fight :ROFLMAO:

Overall, as sevendustkorn1008 said, this game is not promoting feminism, even less giving any lectures about that (or any other matter), but it doesn't avoid the subject either. Feminism exists and I don't see any problem including bits of it in the game. Now, there are scenes in the game that are the exact opposite of feminism also, especially in the very last update (I'm taking advantage of this discussion ^^), so I believe it is very balanced on that matter.

That said, BadWarThunder is right to say that Maddie is kinda feminist, especially in the early game. Due to her strong personality and abilities, she indeed likes to remind the guys that girls are capable too. Also, her admiration of Nefertari proves that. That's Maddie's personality and opinion though, which doesn't mean all game is in this direction. And even for Maddie, it's not that clear. Those who played Maddie's romance route till v0.4 know that she might not be as strong as she appears, that she can respect guys with time (at least the MC), and even be docile in some situations.

I want to point out that I may have exaggerated some traits for some characters in the early game, usually on purpose, so that their personality evolution during this adventure becomes easier to perceive for the player. So, do not take the character's attitudes early on as granted and definitive, because they are evolving.
I think that is especially visible with the MC who is dropping his carefree attitude as the story advance. Maddie is hiding something and little by little revealing her true colors (good ones as well as bad ones). Nora is full of surprises as well. Rion... hmmm...Rion is Rion^^, she will always be cute and childish even at 70 years old, I don't know if she can change, lol. Julian...well no one cares about him, right?

Last edited:

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020

Why the MC have options to watch scenes of other girls that are not in his playthrough? To encourage voyeur cuck fans? But you said, this is not a NTR focused game? I'm confused. There is significant amount of NTRish content if not real NTR. And I know that many NTR fans are into watching sex scenes with potential love interests with other guys by portraying as MC. And I also know how many NOn-NTR fans hate those voyeur scenes & scream NTR.

So, if u let aside NTR definitions & dont bother about what is Real NTR, Both Non-NTR and NTR fans have significant content in this game to play. That's why i'm gonna say this game is for both fans.

And that's the reason, you will see daily wars between NTR haters & NTR defenders (or apologists like you etc) in this game thread too.

Reactions: BigStuffedTiger

sevendustkorn1008

Mar 24, 2020
I think you are both right, no need to fight :ROFLMAO:

Overall, as sevendustkorn1008 said, this game is not promoting feminism, even less giving any lectures about that (or any other matter), but it doesn't avoid the subject either. Feminism exists and I don't see any problem including bits of it in the game. Now, there are scenes in the game that are the exact opposite of feminism also, especially in the very last update (I'm taking advantage of this discussion ^^), so I believe it is very balanced on that matter.

That said, BadWarThunder is right to say that Maddie is kinda feminist, especially in the early game. Due to her strong personality and abilities, she indeed likes to remind the guys that girls are capable too. Also, her admiration of Nefertari proves that. That's Maddie's personality and opinion though, which doesn't mean all game is in this direction. And even for Maddie, it's not that clear. Those who played Maddie's romance route till v0.4 know that she might not be as strong as she appears, that she can respect guys with time (at least the MC), and even be docile in some situations.

I want to point out that I may have exaggerated some traits for some characters in the early game, usually on purpose, so that their personality evolution during this adventure becomes easier to perceive for the player. So, do not take the character's attitudes early on as granted and definitive, because they are evolving.
I think that is especially visible with the MC who is dropping his carefree attitude as the story advance. Maddie is hiding something and little by little revealing her true colors (good ones as well as bad ones). Nora is full of surprises as well. Rion... hmmm...Rion is Rion^^, she will always be cute and childish even at 70 years old, I don't know if she can change, lol. Julian...well no one cares about him, right?
That eloquently states everything I feel about this game regarding "feminism". Nice job.

Why the MC have options to watch scenes of other girls that are not in his playthrough? To encourage voyeur cuck fans? But you said, this is not a NTR focused game? I'm confused. There is significant amount of NTRish content if not real NTR. And I know that many NTR fans are into watching sex scenes with potential love interests with other guys by portraying as MC. And I also know how many NOn-NTR fans hate those voyeur scenes & scream NTR.

So, if u let aside NTR definitions & dont bother about what is Real NTR, Both Non-NTR and NTR fans have significant content in this game to play. That's why i'm gonna say this game is for both fans.

And that's the reason, you will see daily wars between NTR haters & NTR defenders (or apologists like you etc) in this game thread too.
I'm simply trying to give a realistic answer to the guy that was asking. If NTR fans are looking for an NTR game, then they will be disappointed in this game because it's not the focus of the game. There are only 4 NTR/NTRish scenes in this game, and they are outnumbered by non-NTR scenes. If someone is only looking for an NTR game, this isn't it. But if someone wants an interesting story with a little NTR sprinkled in, then this is a good game for them.

I'm not being an apologist, or a defender. I'm simply stating what the game is, and helping them make a decision based on that.

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
That eloquently states everything I feel about this game regarding "feminism". Nice job.

I'm simply trying to give a realistic answer to the guy that was asking. If NTR fans are looking for an NTR game, then they will be disappointed in this game because it's not the focus of the game. There are only 4 NTR/NTRish scenes in this game, and they are outnumbered by non-NTR scenes. If someone is only looking for an NTR game, this isn't it. But if someone wants an interesting story with a little NTR sprinkled in, then this is a good game for them.

I'm not being an apologist, or a defender. I'm simply stating what the game is, and helping them make a decision based on that.
I wont say it's a little NTR. 4 scenes is not small. Sure, it may be less than Non-NTR, but still significant content. For those ntr fans who want to play "optional NTR" games, this game can do justice. If not now, but definitely in future.

And that's gonna be a issue for Non-NTR fans. So, yeah, the war cycle continues.

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
And dev said somewhere in thos thread, that Nora will be the favorite for Non-NTR guys. But, it seems like she got the lowest votes in poll. And "Rion" who have netori (love) , netorase (sharing), netorare (real NTR) got top place.

So, That proves may be dev gussed wrongly about Non-NTR fans or may be many NTR fans are playing this game and given first place and second place to women who have more NTRish content compare to Nora.

As I said in many game threads, in NTR or optional NTR games, more fans comes from NTR zone compare to Non-NTR zone. Non-NTR guys have so many exclusive Non-NTR games than to try these optional NTR games where some of the game's content is going for NTR fans. Most of Non-NTR fans don't like to "share" the content.

Yeah, some vanilla fans will say "I have no prblm as long as avoidable", but when it comes to supporting the patreon, majority of vanilla fans (if not all) will prefer to support financially for a exclusive non-ntr game.

Last edited:

BadWarThunder

May 9, 2020
As far as I know there are 2 NTR scenes in the game and you're the bull not the cuck so neither online-cucks (I'm playing CK2 so I get called a gay jewish cuck crusader all the time :) ) nor online-chads should have problems with the NTR aspect. Online-cucks cause they watch NTR and online-chads cause they're doing the cucking.

4.10 star(s) 68 Votes