Who's your favorite character in SandStorm?

• Maddie

Votes: 850 28.4%
  • Nora

Votes: 852 28.4%
  • Rion

Votes: 1,268 42.3%
  • The Priestess

Votes: 481 16.1%

• Total voters

SAMASH112

Donor
Nov 19, 2018
Jesus christ, look at how many time the NTR world has been mention on this page alone. I don't like NTR (netorare) either but as long as its avoidable I'm complete fine with it. End of story
View attachment 1164065
True. I don't know if what they're trying to do is burn the thread with the word of the balls until they make the developer give up and remove that path. Makes you want to not enter certain threads.

Last edited:

SAMASH112

Donor
Nov 19, 2018
So if the stone is just a shiny penis enlarger that also makes you rapey, what's even the point of using it? MC is getting some without it anyway...
Perhaps in the future you will not need the stone and it will be like the awakening of an inner power. Her eyes looked like a possession.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Okay ... we do not have to fuel anything in this thread to game and have fun.
Still ... the fact of the matter is that one gurl fkks around, no, not with her hubby,
while the other is more into the GF than the MC,
so the usual feeling some gamers are left with is:

Who TF do we pursue genuinely?

Because of that randomness right off the bat, where MC is not acknowledged by anyone,
yet we are paraded around to watch how the gurls whore around,
not necessarily with their bodies, but actively flirting with others,
while MC is left with his jokes and is ignored,
that sets the tone for feeling left out.

Which in turn sets the emotion of being free to choose whom-ever of the gurls.

With that kind of setup, of course we feel betrayed when we are forced to rekindle
a gurl, right after watching her swoon over some stranger, or someone else,
while giving us the sweet eye, or flirting with us, or behaving like we are an item,
all the while giving nothing of a relationship dialogue wise.

The whole first part, right before the evening shenanigans,
feels like MC has no one, while the redhead has her hubby which she cheats on left and right, making us feel like we could pursue her for that exact reason,
and the brunette, who is acting like she is there for the other gurl, not with us.

In any game, MC should have a clear path as to what it is us gamers are
gaming for - igniting the flame into the redhead?
Turning on the fire in the brunette who seems oblivious?
Both?

In this game, MC has no clear path, this is a vacation, there is no clear motivation
other than fooling around. Is there?

I'm gonna guess that you meant "avoidable" ;)

I'm on a pure Maddie route and have had absolutely 0% NTR.....
To few (but obnoxiously loud) players, a bull character is the same as a cuck because the girl is already committed to someone other than MC. So unless every girl in a game is single, available and has eyes only for MC in the most cringy vanilla fashion, the game has NTR. So in this case, even if Rion is cheating on her bf with MC, it still means nothing to them because a boyfriend exists. Or if any other character that MC has intentionally avoided a relationship with has a lewd scene, it's NTR. No, I'm not joking and yes you read right.

It's 2021 after all, you shouldn't be looking for common sense. Especially on the Internet.
ntr-discussions with ntr-haters is pointless. theres no consensus here, they all have their own interpretations.
a ntr-hater could call this ntr because theres a scene with an unknown girl getting pounded by a random dude.
but the same ntr-hater would say, no, this is no ntr, since the MC (himself) is fucking a girl that has a boyfriend.
a ntr-hater could call this ntr if a girl is just getting a hug from a gay male friend. theres no logic.
True. I don't know if what they're trying to do is burn the thread with the word of the balls until they make the developer give up and remove that path. Makes you want to not enter certain threads.

A.C.H.B.

Dec 17, 2020
IMHO as an avid connoisseur of non-ntr/vanilla games, their is no real NTR in this game in the MC's perspective, Netori sure if you play the Rion path, Netorare zilch. MC is the bull and not the cuck as numerous others have already mentioned. Besides, this game is not intended to be a harem and you are only meant to be with one LI. Case in point, if you play the Maddie path and you see Rion having sex with the bf, that does not qualify it as NTR in a strict sense as you already have your LI in Maddie and Rion is no longer an 'LI' on that playthrough. I guess this is also one of the reasons why the game isn't as popular as it should be. Majority of vanilla players will ignore a game if it is tagged with NTR, although in this case, I feel like the tag isn't exactly warranted.

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
To few (but obnoxiously loud) players, a bull character is the same as a cuck because the girl is already committed to someone other than MC. So unless every girl in a game is single, available and has eyes only for MC in the most cringy vanilla fashion, the game has NTR. So in this case, even if Rion is cheating on her bf with MC, it still means nothing to them because a boyfriend exists. Or if any other character that MC has intentionally avoided a relationship with has a lewd scene, it's NTR. No, I'm not joking and yes you read right.

It's 2021 after all, you shouldn't be looking for common sense. Especially on the Internet.
Yeah I know. I live in hope though foolishly.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Jesus christ, look at how many time the NTR world has been mention on this page alone. I don't like NTR (netorare) either but as long as its avoidable I'm complete fine with it. End of story
View attachment 1164065
The "NTR World?" Man that sounds like a nightmare. I imagine the worst of the worst get put in there. You got Stalin, Hitler and some combination of political leaders and child molesters as well. Then again, most of the people I stated would probably enjoy being cucked, so scratch that.

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017

Your first paragraph was a lot of gibberish, but on your second one...

The "It's 2021 after all, you shouldn't be looking for common sense. Especially on the Internet" comment is a little superfluous because I've never seen the internet in any capacity filled with any kind of common sense. You sir/madam have had some form of faith in the internet in the past and that is your folly.

Dec 28, 2019
I can't believe this NTR discussion is still going on or that I was one of the people who inadvertently set it off a week ago. Let me just say that the author has been great about putting in warnings so that those of us who aren't into it can easily avoid the NTR/NTRish scenes.

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
The "NTR World?" Man that sounds like a nightmare. I imagine the worst of the worst get put in there. You got Stalin, Hitler and some combination of political leaders and child molesters as well. Then again, most of the people I stated would probably enjoy being cucked, so scratch that.
Sorry I mean word, not world. I wonder why HornyyPussy not correct that mistake why he/she is at it though :p

• Haha
Reactions: Larry2000

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
As a disinterested observer, I think it's cause it's so integrated in the story. I recognize Gleenx now as the person doing Sandstorm or whatever it's called. I get that they really like NTR because they have a heavy focus on both games, I respect that. However, even in this romance game, NTR is a really big and open thing in this game. Most games these days provide you with a "NTR On/OFF button" where you can cut the shit out. In this game, at least from what I've seen, you'll be given multiple options to view it in each update. Like why? When I don't want to see it at all. It's like playing a romance game about your lovely wife and getting 3 options every update to share her. I'm like "??????"

In my opinion, there should just be a way to click a button and not have to think about those scenes. If other LI's are with others during a specific route, cool. As a fairly vanilla player, do I want to hear about it? Hell no! So GleenXstudio If you're reading this, Give us an NTR On/Off Switch. I'd like to start your game and be asked "Do you want NTR?" I want the options to be "Yes" and "HELL NO!" with like 30 exclamation marks.

I believe in the dev telling the story that they want to tell, cool. However, don't forget if you give them the option, it's even better. Since you do, you might as well give them the master key to save them from accidentally stumbling into it.
Depends on which LI you go for. On Maddie's path i haven't had any NTR what so ever.....so saying NTR is a big thing in this game is a bit much....

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Depends on which LI you go for. On Maddie's path i haven't had any NTR what so ever.....so saying NTR is a big thing in this game is a bit much....
From what I Gleen ;) if you go for another character you are given the option to view another LI's scene, however, the LI is not romanceable in another path because they lock you out. I'm not saying that what I'm saying is law. I've yet to play it. But I do see why people could be annoyed by being given that option when they don't like it being integrated in another persons route. That's what I mean. If I'm speaking out of school and I'm completely wrong, I apologize. Just my take. Dev should have a button to stop all NTR/NTRish scenes to be a thing if your route. Just turn it off, it'll make a lot of people happier.

Reactions: Hunterfang

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
I recognize Gleenx now as the person doing Sandstorm or whatever it's called. I get that they really like NTR because they have a heavy focus on both games
Which both games? It's the same one :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It's like playing a romance game about your lovely wife and getting 3 options every update to share her. I'm like "??????"
That's totally not the case here.:oops:

I think most people who said there is a lot of NTR have not played the game in reality (or have another def of NTR that I don't know). I accept fair criticism from people who did really play the game, and I try to adjust little by little some aspects that I believe are constructive remarks. But, please at least try the game before making comments like that, because most of the time they are unfounded and unfair.

The game has been tagged NTR by the website because there is Netori and because on the description it was said the girls you chose to not romance can have their own life (which is not really NTR anyway). And most people already said on the topic that the NTR content is minor and always clearly avoidable.

I understand some people prefer vanilla and don't want to deal with that, for those, I have clearly indicated each time if a choice was going to lead to possible NTR. There are not many options like that, and you don't even know they will exist when you focus on romancing one girl during your playthrough. It's when the player fools around that he can find the options for NTR, as you need to have low points with the girls to make those options appear.

To sum up, I don't really need to make a switch on/off NTR, because it more or less already exists inside the game by playing romance routes.

On the other hand, the last update showed the premise of a new route : the evil route. I chose an obvious name so I don't need to explain it more. If you are going for vanilla, obviously do not jump there ;) ever. Again options leading to those are pretty obvious. You can totally avoid that.

Last edited:

A.C.H.B.

Dec 17, 2020
(EDIT: Deleted a section cause I confused this Dev with another one and another game :FacePalm: )
As a disinterested observer, I think it's cause it's so integrated in the story. I respect that. However, even in this romance game, NTR is a really big and open thing in this game.
Have you even played the game or are you talking out of your ass? :LOL:

From what I Gleen ;) if you go for another character you are given the option to view another LI's scene, however, the LI is not romanceable in another path because they lock you out. I'm not saying that what I'm saying is law. I've yet to play it.
EDIT: For someone who admittedly has not played the game yet, you seem to be making a lot of baseless assumptions. I urge you to try the game first, and see for yourself.

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017

That's totally absolutely not the case here.:oops:

I'm really amazed that there are still posts like that after 50 people already said on the topic that the NTR content is minor to non-existent and always clearly and easily avoidable. Sorry, but what the hell! (with 30 exclamations marks lol).
People who said there is a lot of NTR have obviously not played the game (or have a weird def of NTR). I'm so tired to read those unfair comments (usually from people who didn't even try the game) that it makes me want to add NTR for real lol, which I won't do, as I repeat again NTR is really not the focus of the game. I absolutely don't care about that. It has been tagged NTR by the website because there is Netori and because on the description it was said the girls you chose to not romance can have their own life (which is not even NTR).
Hey! Sorry alright. I often talking up my ass. I didn't mean to spread misinformation. If what you say is true, then I will delete my comment. I'm just taking what I've read.

I screwed up. I corrected it in my post. I thought you had a different game. My bad :/

EDIT: Just deleted my comment. Have a nice day and good luck!

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
From what I Gleen ;) if you go for another character you are given the option to view another LI's scene, however, the LI is not romanceable in another path because they lock you out. I'm not saying that what I'm saying is law. I've yet to play it. But I do see why people could be annoyed by being given that option when they don't like it being integrated in another persons route. That's what I mean. If I'm speaking out of school and I'm completely wrong, I apologize. Just my take. Dev should have a button to stop all NTR/NTRish scenes to be a thing if your route. Just turn it off, it'll make a lot of people happier.
as you say your self, it's optional (think i got the option once, maybe twice)

4.10 star(s) 68 Votes