Who's your favorite character in SandStorm?

• Maddie

Votes: 817 28.4%
  • Nora

Votes: 815 28.3%
  • Rion

Votes: 1,218 42.3%
  • The Priestess

Votes: 463 16.1%

• Total voters

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
Hi, does anyone know how to change the font? thanks
I don't know if that's possible by the end user.
Which font didn't you like ? The nicknames font, the menu font, the dialogue font ?
I'm interested to know since it's something i'm not 100% satisfied either.
For those who played the game already, what about you guys ? Did you find the font fine, or a more "normal" one would be better ?

Last edited:

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
I made a . (which will be added to the main post soon)

It also has a FAQ with most of the questions you asked so far, to avoid repetitive questions.

I call it more a guideline than a walkthrough because I don't want to enter in details into what every choices do.

However, I believe in most case that will be enough to help you go into the right direction.
If not, the mod made by shaddymodder will be the solution for you.

Warning, it spoils a little bit the story, so if you don't want to be spoiled, just stop at the FAQ.

Reactions: FAP369ZONE

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
how long do i have to put up with Rion fucking her boyfriend for because shes the only 1 i like and i got 90% with her

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
how long do i have to put up with Rion fucking her boyfriend for because shes the only 1 i like and i got 90% with her
You didn't meet the 3rd girl yet ;), I believe she will receive a lot of love. :love:
As for Rion, you will understand more her situation in next update.

YinBlack

Sep 24, 2017
Which font didn't you like ? The nicknames font, the menu font, the dialogue font ?
For those who played the game already, what about you guys ? Did you find the font fine, or a more "normal" one would be better ?
hello, my specific case is quite particular. I want another font not because I dislike this one, but because I can't play with the current font.

I explain myself, I speak Spanish and my English is horrible, I use a program to copy the text on the screen (Capture2Text). then I paste the text into the translator. it happens that the program only recognizes standard letters, so I need to change the font if I want to play. When I come across situations like this, I usually replace the file.ttf with a normal one. but i didn't find the .ttf in the game folder

Reactions: e-disfunction

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
hello, my specific case is quite particular. I want another font not because I dislike this one, but because I can't play with the current font.

I explain myself, I speak Spanish and my English is horrible, I use a program to copy the text on the screen (Capture2Text). then I paste the text into the translator. it happens that the program only recognizes standard letters, so I need to change the font if I want to play. When I come across situations like this, I usually replace the file.ttf with a normal one. but i didn't find the .ttf in the game folder
Oh I see.
That's because I archived all files (including the fonts) into rpa files which are not open.
I didn't know some people used the .ttf files that way.
I will remember to leave the fonts out of the archives for next updates, so you can use your translator.

In the meantime, if you want a build for this update with the fonts available, pm me on discord/patreon, I don't want to bother the uploader to change all links again.

Takkertje

Mar 4, 2020
Blisters on my fingers from clicking but haven't discovered any lewdness so far.
Been playing for about 20 minutes.
All about ancient Egyptian myths.
Deleted.

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
All fonts seem fine i guess (some letters in names fonts might be little hard to read sometimes). btw you can pres shift+a and change fonts there.

Also i have one question that has me wonder for a while now, is your game called EraStorm OR Sand Storm? :WaitWhat:

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
btw you can pres shift+a and change fonts there.
Good to know. Maybe a solution for YinBlack (y)

Also i have one question that has me wonder for a while now, is your game called EraStorm OR Sand Storm? :WaitWhat:
It makes more sense to call this one SandStorm. There will be another game called SnowStorm and a third one called CyberStorm for which I already have script quite well advanced (and hopefully there will be others, but one thing at a time ^^).
They are all linked somehow, thus the EraStorm name, which is more like a "saga" name. :)

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
The portraits next to the lines are fucking huge, maybe you should reduce them

Gamesstar

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2019
Dev, please don't listen to every random whiner here. Everything can be called ntr these days. You even added a skip option. Some of these guys here will never be satisfied until every single game is MC screwing all females even his family members. Every female need to worship the MC. The most unrealistic shit ever.
Even if there is another route or a skip option that's not enough for them. And another thing i have noticed that, some guys voluntarily go to a femdom game thread and they say " Oh shit femdom I am out" Can you believe these guys :ROFLMAO:

YinBlack

Sep 24, 2017
Oh I see.
That's because I archived all files (including the fonts) into rpa files which are not open.
I didn't know some people used the .ttf files that way.
I will remember to leave the fonts out of the archives for next updates, so you can use your translator.

In the meantime, if you want a build for this update with the fonts available, pm me on discord/patreon, I don't want to bother the uploader to change all links again.
many thanks. and there is no drama. I will wait until the next update, I will follow the thread and wait patiently.

Thanks for your understanding, with leaving the .ttf file there, I'm already happy. :D

Reactions: GleenXstudio

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Please don't give 5 Star reviews for potential. They are called reviews, because you review the existing content, not make a prediction about how good the game could be at some point.
I'm not judging the game, my point is solely about the one review it has.

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
ssd1 maddie room 01.png
ssd1 souk rion 01.png
I'm dropping here a few teaser pics, also to show that I'm making progress each day on the quality of renders.
I had to use some subterfuges for some renders in the first release as I had a pretty poor cg not suited for 3D.
Sometimes it looked good, sometimes not great, I totally agree with the remarks from 'TreeFriend' review which I found fair (y) .

I updated my cg very recently and now I can finally do complete scenes in one go, with better sharpness.
I also learnt new rendering techniques and a few lightning tricks which is the most complex part in daz3d, especially in dark environment or in outside environement with specific light, (like sunset). In a bright room, it's always easy ^^ , but that's not the kind of renders I want. I want my renders to be a bit adventurous ;)

I think I'm on the good direction for the quality of renders and I will soon replace the few unlucky renders from first release.
I'm happy that the story and atmosphere got a good feeback so far, as this is usually harder to improve than the technical part.
For now, the priority is to add some contents while improving the quality for each release, which will happen very soon.
Stay tuned ;)

Deleted member 770309

Jul 23, 2018
Skippable scenes but not avoidable in story means it'll still be there regardless. Not my cup of tea.

But thank you for clarifying your plans with it this early on, it's nice when a dev straight up tells you what it will be, and not dance around the issue.

Good luck.
Guess that is me out then thanks for letting me know.

Feb 10, 2019
Looks great so far. Am sensing the "NTR" tag is leaning more towards Netori? From where it's going with Rion and her fella. If so fantastic, it's rare to see that done well.

I found the MC being called a "celib" near the start quite funny, is that a dodgy translation of "single"?

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
I found the MC being called a "celib" near the start quite funny, is that a dodgy translation of "single"?
Damn...and I was so sure that word existed in English...haha :ROFLMAO:
Thanks, I'll correct that. As you could guess, English is not my native language, although I try my best to write in decent English. I hope that with time, I'll be able to get some proofreading from a native speaker, nothing replaces that.

Reactions: Jimbog
Feb 10, 2019
Damn...and I was so sure that word existed in English...haha :ROFLMAO:
Thanks, I'll correct that. As you could guess, English is not my native language, although I try my best to write in decent English. I hope that with time, I'll be able to get some proofreading from a native speaker, nothing replaces that.
Yeah, honestly you have good English for the most part, that was one of the only things I noticed! I wouldn't have known otherwise. It's funny because in English it would imply he's unable or not allowed to have sex. It's not actually a word but that's the implication from it sounding like a contracted/noun form of "celibate".

4.10 star(s) 68 Votes