• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Who's your favorite character in SandStorm?

• Maddie

Votes: 809 28.6%
  • Nora

Votes: 799 28.2%
  • Rion

Votes: 1,199 42.4%
  • The Priestess

Votes: 450 15.9%

• Total voters

TheXXXMan

Mar 11, 2018
Hello all,
For this nice game, I made this fan made Rename Mod for my Ren'py Learning experience .
it adds a screen to allow for the main cast of characters to be renamed. text replacement code techniques I adapted mostly from the Excellent Post by @anne O'nymous among other posts on the topic.

the Mod works in main game, replays , tribute rooms, and will work with the walkthrough mod by dblck2k21

To install just place the zxxxmod.rpy file in the 'Game' folder.
To uninstall/remove just delete the zxxxmod.rpy and zxxxmod.rpyc files from the game folder.

Note: Reset the names before removing, otherwise last names used will remain in the persistent files.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: updated to fix possible duplicate label names with the walkthrough mod

Last edited:

Ukghar

Nov 10, 2022
Are they really that bad?
As Bloodguard said, I had listed their main flaws, which discouraged me from pointing out any of the above as my favorite character in SandStorm.

Sometimes I can even like a character despite lots of flaws, but it needs to be very interesting. Here main girls characters’ are flawed and at most somewhat interesting, if not somewhat stereotypical.

However, you should play the game as it’s worth it.

PS. And from what I saw in SnowStorm main girls characters’ there are more interesting, so - good progress.

Reactions: Zavlan Koval

ecchifan

Mar 15, 2018
Hello all,
For this nice game, I made this fan made Rename Mod for my Ren'py Learning experience .
it adds a screen to allow for the main cast of characters to be renamed. text replacement code techniques I adapted mostly from the Excellent Post by @anne O'nymous among other posts on the topic.

the Mod works in main game, replays , tribute rooms, and will work with the walkthrough mod by dblck2k21

To install just place the zxxxmod.rpy file in the 'Game' folder.
To uninstall/remove just delete the zxxxmod.rpy and zxxxmod.rpyc files from the game folder.

Note: Reset the names before removing, otherwise last names used will remain in the persistent files.

Edit: updated to fix possible duplicate label names with the walkthrough mod
Thank you very much! I just discovered this game and found out that using dblck2k21's mod you lose the option to rename the mc. I was about to ask him/her if it could be fixed but thanks to you all is good now. Cheers mate!

Reactions: dblck2k21

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
Thank you very much! I just discovered this game and found out that using dblck2k21's mod you lose the option to rename the mc. I was about to ask him/her if it could be fixed but thanks to you all is good now. Cheers mate!
Sorry, my bad. I honestly forgot that I removed it. I have just edited my post and re-upped the mod with the option restored for anyone who doesn't want to use the mod by TheXXXMan (even though I'm guessing most people would lol)

Both mods should still work together without any issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: ecchifan

formasual

Jan 17, 2019
Here is my complete walkthrough mod for the full game (version 2.01) . When you start a new game you will be asked to make a choice out of 5 options. You can either choose one of the 4 main branches, or choose not to use the walkthrough for that playthrough.

The mod is fully adaptable and will change it's course depending on the endings you have already obtained, and has been thoroughly tested for every possible story branch.

For more detailed information, see the attached text file.

To install it, simply extract the archive and copy the contents to the 'game' folder replacing the scripts.rpa file in the process. Don't forget to backup the original file incase you decide you want to remove the mod.

Edit - July 28, 2023: I re-upped the mod after restoring the ability to rename the MC
Is there anything required besides copying the "images" folder and the "scripts.rpa" file into the "games" directory? I tried to use the mod, but only thing that works was renaming the MC. I don't see any choices highlighted. Perhaps there is something else I'm not doing? I copied the contents over after I started a game (never played before, first time with 2.01) and copied over again just now, but it still doesn't highlight any choices for me.

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
Is there anything required besides copying the "images" folder and the "scripts.rpa" file into the "games" directory? I tried to use the mod, but only thing that works was renaming the MC. I don't see any choices highlighted. Perhaps there is something else I'm not doing? I copied the contents over after I started a game (never played before, first time with 2.01) and copied over again just now, but it still doesn't highlight any choices for me.
That's all you need to do. When starting a new game, after you choose whether or not to rename the MC, If you see a screen with 5 choices similar to the screenshot below:

the mod is installed correctly, if you don't see five choices, the files haven't been placed in the right folder.

Once you have made the choice to tell the walkthrough which path you want to follow, you just need to play the game, and when you get to the first choice:

either "DISCUSS THOSE OLD BOOKS" or "MAKE SOME JOKES" one of them should be highlighted green

Unless you chose the evil path, in that case the first option would be "TELL HER MADDIE WAS NOT THE REASON FOR YOUR POSITIVE ANSWER" during the second choice.

Last edited:

OWSam000

Mar 1, 2022
Anyone know how to get ending A from both Maddie and Rion path? After the final update that dev combine both relationship and lust point, I can't find the requirement to achieve it.

dblck2k21

Aug 14, 2021
Anyone know how to get ending A from both Maddie and Rion path? After the final update that dev combine both relationship and lust point, I can't find the requirement to achieve it.
Ending A can only be acquired with Rion, Maddies path prevents you from doing it because of the Mystic Points. To get the ending you need to focus on Rion all the way through, but make sure you get between 3 & 5 Mystic points before you get to the end (6 or higher is automatically an evil ending). Go to the portal with her, and then Accept Anubis' deal

Reactions: OWSam000

horror

Jun 2, 2017
That's all you need to do. When starting a new game, after you choose whether or not to rename the MC, If you see a screen with 5 choices similar to the screenshot below:

the mod is installed correctly, if you don't see five choices, the files haven't been placed in the right folder.

Once you have made the choice to tell the walkthrough which path you want to follow, you just need to play the game, and when you get to the first choice:

either "DISCUSS THOSE OLD BOOKS" or "MAKE SOME JOKES" one of them should be highlighted green

Unless you chose the evil path, in that case the first option would be "TELL HER MADDIE WAS NOT THE REASON FOR YOUR POSITIVE ANSWER" during the second choice.

Same thing for me, I placed your mod in the game folder but only the renaming works, the highlighted options are not present. Clearly the mod is correctly installed since the renaming is working, but not the highlights. So maybe there is a script issue in your mod? :unsure:
Edit: to give you more info, the ending selection does not appear at the beginning of the game.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 68 Votes