VN Ren'Py Abandoned Sanguis et Imperium [v0.2] [Helheim]

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes

grohotor

May 15, 2020
Sadly another good looking game to pass for me....

I readed avoidable NTR but i dont see way how when mother earning for living with her hole.
you can choose for the MC to not have romantic interests in his mother. so yes its avoidable.

• Angry
Reactions: HansDampf788

grohotor

May 15, 2020
good joke
how is it a joke ? if you can choose if the MC is interested in a certain character that is either in a relation or as in this is also a prostitute its not forced NTR. I hate NTR so its a easy choice for me. the first thing you learn about the mother is that she's a prostitute its not like you had time to get invested in a character before you found out her secret. that would have been a shit move.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
You know she's not real right?
Of course I am aware. She's a character in a story, the main character's mother who happens to be a prostitute to make a living. And the story has two paths depending on player choice: 1) be respectful and be treated lovingly, or 2) be disrespectful and be treated cruelly.

I chose to read the story and treat her respectfully because she's MC's mother and, as a player, I was rewarded by her being nice.

And then I read the comments of all the people who were complaining that she was wiping cum on MC's face, and I made the comment "just treat her nicely".

And their responses were, because she was a prostitute... A whore... Why should she be treated nicely? Why should she be treated with respect?

I'm glad Helheim. structured the game the way he did. And I'm glad everyone who was an asshole to MC's mother in this game gets cum wiped on their face.

Treat her like a whore, and she'll treat you like a little bitch boy. And the people who cry the loudest about it are the ones who are incapable of treating a woman - a woman who the main character is supposed to love and who is doing this to support him - with respect simply because she's a sex worker.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Of course I am aware. She's a character in a story, the main character's mother who happens to be a prostitute to make a living. And the story has two paths depending on player choice: 1) be respectful and be treated lovingly, or 2) be disrespectful and be treated cruelly.

I chose to read the story and treat her respectfully because she's MC's mother and, as a player, I was rewarded by her being nice.

And then I read the comments of all the people who were complaining that she was wiping cum on MC's face, and I made the comment "just treat her nicely".

And their responses were, because she was a prostitute... A whore... Why should she be treated nicely? Why should she be treated with respect?

I'm glad Helheim. structured the game the way he did. And I'm glad everyone who was an asshole to MC's mother in this game gets cum wiped on their face.

Treat her like a whore, and she'll treat you like a little bitch boy. And the people who cry the loudest about it are the ones who are incapable of treating a woman - a woman who the main character is supposed to love and who is doing this to support him - with respect simply because she's a sex worker.

I see your passionate about this and thats cool. My point was,just because people treat a woman like a whore in a game,doesn't mean that they'd treat their prostitute mother like a whore in real life.

Just saying remember it's the internet.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
I see your passionate about this and thats cool. My point was,just because people treat a woman like a whore in a game,doesn't mean that they'd treat their prostitute mother like a whore in real life.

Just saying remember it's the internet.
I dig it. But we both know that there are plenty of users here who actually think like this and, if they're going to post their thoughts, I just want to put an alternative opinion on the matter out there.

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Beautifully done. As the game progresses I'm sure the ones crying will change their tune somewhat.. if not, oh well it's their loss. Every story has a beginning and this one is no different. The mother's profession is pretty clear from the start. Kinda sad that the lengths a mother would go to feed her child are such a burden to some. The story starts off with showing just how destitute and bad things are..

Pretty sure there's no way to go but up. I'm looking at this beginning as more of a backstory/showing where the MC comes from kind of a thing. Not a fan of 'NTR' but kinda hard to pull that trigger when it's the very first thing the mother is doing before any interactions with the MC. NTR to me is more of a YOU interact with a charactor.. bond with her and then really bad things happen.. Not sure if I'm explaining/describing this as well as I need to but suffice to say with the tone, mood, just the whole immersion factor of what I'm seeing this could become a monster as it progresses.

My hat is off to the DEV for attempting something of this nature..

I'll be around. Bookmarked

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
I dig it. But we both know that there are plenty of users here who actually think like this and, if they're going to post their thoughts, I just want to put an alternative opinion on the matter out there.

I mean I'm not gonna lie,I tend to react to characters in VN's and games differently than I would with women in real life. (Like my wife for example.)

Reactions: BarbarrossaNA

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
I mean I'm not gonna lie,I tend to react to characters in VN's and games differently than I would with women in real life. (Like my wife for example.)
Agreed. It all really comes down to the tone of the game. If I'm playing a female protag corruption game, all bets are off. The whole point of such a game is to drop the MC as deep into debauchery as you possibly can.

This game doesn't have that tone, so a more sympathetic, empathetic approach is required. And if the player chooses not to have an empathetic approach, there is a consequence and I love it.

These choices are setting the tone for MC's personality going forward. So players choose what kind of man they want MC to be, but they have to live with the outcome of their choices.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

NKaeleth

Dec 18, 2019
Bravo. Artistically done. I salute you, sir, for the wonderful introduction to a coming of age story set on a backdrop of medieval Europe, painted in unembellished (or is it unabashed?) tones of gothic and supernatural fiction. As of noon today, you have a number of fans from this household -- adult themes notwithstanding.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I do have some peeves, but I suppose they are minor since I am not a seasoned writer, and that these grumblings of an old man are miniscule as opposed to what the final story could be once completed.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I apologize that we could not leave a review, since it would be nonsensical to review something incomplete -- or what would amount to a two-act prologue. I would have loved to show you my support through more pragmatic means (e.g., financially), but in these trying times, that would warrant a deeper couple's discussion for now.

I do appreciate the effort. And if this is truly a reimagining of some old, dusty personal fiction of your own design, I admire your courage to bring it out into the open. I know how scary it feels to self-publish a story for an ever critical and unapologetic audience that is the world today.

Again, truly, thank you.

You know she's not real right?
I'm certain that when faced with obvious and glaring, yet fictional, harm of an imagined character who is not yet of age, I surmise that you would consciously choose to not be a party to that act given the choice, regardless of whether the subject was real or not. I look to the best qualities of people, so I apologize if this assumption is wrong. Other types would in fact act further beyond their disposition to oppose this act and bring the character to relative safety, but for sure, simply choosing to not participate is proof that despite the fictional nature of the subject, you have lines that you dare not cross.

It so happens that others apparently have finer and more defined lines and rules as to when they are drawn. Let's not tease them for having such.

I tend to react to characters in VN's and games differently than I would with women in real life

Hmm, probably for the escapism, I suppose. And that's an admirable trait, given the times we live in.

While I do not share your feelings in these matters, you and your thoughts do have my utmost respect. With 8 billion people sharing one little, wet space rock, I can safely presume you are not alone.

I do hope, however, that everyone would kindly consider returning that respect to those that do not agree with their viewpoints whether they are applied to real life or not.

Edit: Grammatical corrections, typos, clarifications, and completion of thought.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 25 Votes