VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 161 Votes

-Wastrel

Aug 3, 2017
tbh at this point, just play Kay-Pri if you want the same experience before the Card battle system but way better, the dev already and perhaps will double down on the gameplay and Visual Novel aspect changes already. It's a matter of time either really it would be like this or by some ungodly miracle the dev would just continue the game we know more perhaps i dont know when though.
What is Kay pri?

Mar 22, 2020
I was wondering "Remade the game from scratch" meant fixing some mechanics, changed the combat (Which I remember people disliking before) fixing the maps and etc....

Just lurking the female protag latest updates page, I cannot believe my eyes after seeing "VN" and "Saria Reclaimed" in one page.

And looking at how the dev's been schmoving as of lately (Twitter, Patreon, F95 activities), he just dropped 0.16 and is about to make like Danny Phantom and go ghost.

Probably planned to do this all along or some shit like that.... UNTIL I check Discord, which I don't plan on doing.

(Dev seems bitchy too. This could be some way to like "get-back" to some people, I think that's possible, some people are THAT petty.)

ILostSoMany

Aug 21, 2023
If it gets to be a good VN with actual gameplay I only understand complains of people who wanted an RPG, other than that whatever genre if it's done well.

datarelay

Jun 8, 2021
holy heavens this is the biggest downgrade I have ever seen in a game here. When people talked about remaking the entire thing they weren't kidding, this 0.16 is a totally different game now, and boy it is boring, I couldn't force myself to play after the second fight.
For me this is a novelty in f9, a game doing such a huge 180 and shooting itself on the foot with uncanny precision.

Draddo678

Dec 19, 2022
Game lost the Blasphemy (the game) vibes it had, i liked it because of that and because of the good art it had + the exploration. Now it's just a CTRL simulator, which honestly makes me sad and a bit mad, but what can you expect when the dev changes the damn base of the game every year? Like legit, it's like building 1 house and demolishing it every year because you didn't like how the kitchen looked.

I honestly can't trust the dev anymore, he changes his mind too many times, if it continues like this, the game will never be built properly.

If the "Shooting yourself in the foot" has to be applied here, i'd say that it isn't a gun he shot his foot with, but a damn nuclear bomb which doomed him, the game and the community.

Jan 29, 2018
the whole "Reworked the whole game from scratch" was definitely NOT way to go for this game.
Taking the normal RPG turn base gameplay and turning it into a card game was really a downgrade.

PofB

Mar 24, 2021
I definitely don't hate the new revamp, as I enjoy lewd card games, it was just a bit hard to parse. I haven't played in a while, so I completely forgot the "rock, paper, scissors" combat mechanic and only knew about what the short tutorial told me; that being the specifics of Slash Stance.
Combat isn't bad, it was just somehow more difficult than the sometimes tedious turn-based RPG combat the game did have. I guess in a way it's makes combat go faster, but in practice I spent more time trying to figure out what stance will keep my clothes from being annihilated in 2 turns.
Did anyone else have problems with combat? I may just be stupid.

Reactions: Ifllslonly

voxsunderland

Feb 22, 2021
I woke up yesterday to see my notifications stacked with review changes to this thread. lol

I mean, I know it sucks. I myself was hoping it would compete with Karryn's Prison & try to be better.

But based on someone else's post, apparently his patrons wanted this change.

Also, while I dont know much about game dev, perhaps it would be easier to develop in RenPy than in RPGM?

For those who don't like where this game is going, no words are gonna convince the dev otherwise. Either you suck it up or start pretending it doesnt exist. Nothing else's gonna hit harder than the latter especially. & if the dev's donors want the game in its current state, then they shall get the game they deserve.

4a7112217d33961f07c7d2e2b9ed83f2.gif

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
But based on someone else's post, apparently his patrons wanted this change.
Curious if there's proof of it, or just hear-say, given only Patreon comments are deriding the update and the only poll I know of is Card Based vs Traditional Skill combat results.

Kormk

Mar 17, 2020
Curious if there's proof of it, or just hear-say, given only Patreon comments are deriding the update and the only poll I know of is Card Based vs Traditional Skill combat results.
Well first we need to see what patreon? Was that before the change to a VN or was the remaining echo chamber that the author seems to have sheltered in.

2.40 star(s) 161 Votes