VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
The only games where you're truly at the mercy of luck tend to have very limited capacity of what you can and can't do, like Rock-Paper-Scisssors style battle systems.
I quite liked the Rock-Paper-Scissors mechanic of "Alex Kidd in Miracle World". You could win every time as long as you pressed down in sync with the music (was even easier after getting the item that lets you see what the bosses and mini-bosses were gonna choose)

Oct 8, 2018
Wonder if old saves will be incompatible.
The old skill tree could be swapped to unlock cards instead, but the lewd system also being changed makes me worry its time for yet another restart.

eugene67

Jul 21, 2020
The old system was pretty boring and trite, I see anything besides the basic dime-a-dozen RPGM turnbased combat as an improvement.

It could also be a kinda cool way to influence the actions you make in combat, with certain lewd cards becoming your only options as time goes on and your deck runs dry (or other prerequisites are met). Obviously you could do that with the old system, but I think drawing cards is a cooler representation... assuming Velminth goes down that route.

Toonottrue

Jun 24, 2021
From the looks of it, the new combat system will be a lot like the one in the Library of Ruina (the visual similarities from the style and description of cards to the 'Passives' tab are evident). That makes me question whether the clash system, like in LoR, will be in place, considering that Dodge and Guard are listed in status effects.

DickMaster

Jul 12, 2017
Is this game...only available for Windows 10 and up? I tried to run this on Windows 7 and won't even start.
Here's the system requirements section from the itch.io page:
View attachment 2614751

So yes, Windows 10 and up only (though a tech savvy individual could probably get it to work on an older OS, don't quote me on that though)
Now that's just flat out false. I'm running the game on my windows 7 PC just fine, so the dude having issues has some other problem aside from his OS.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
That future card system remind me Lost Chapter, that was pretty good game
I don't dislike Lost Chapter, but you might as well have tied one hand behind your back in every fight if you chose anything but the lust build. It's disproportionately powerful and the rare cards ironically had such bad synergy that you're almost always better off never picking them.

kickbut622

Jan 17, 2022
The old system was pretty boring and trite, I see anything besides the basic dime-a-dozen RPGM turnbased combat as an improvement.

It could also be a kinda cool way to influence the actions you make in combat, with certain lewd cards becoming your only options as time goes on and your deck runs dry (or other prerequisites are met). Obviously you could do that with the old system, but I think drawing cards is a cooler representation... assuming Velminth goes down that route.
That's a neat idea I hadn't thought of before. Depending on how you're expected to draw and play cards, it would be kind of neat to have the player's Pleasure level add cards to the deck, or having boss enemies add cards to the players deck.
I wonder if the card system going to be a new hand each round or draw x at combat start and draw 1 each round?

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
Now that's just flat out false. I'm running the game on my windows 7 PC just fine, so the dude having issues has some other problem aside from his OS.
It might be working for you, but don't expect any official support for anything that is specific to Win7.

Azzo

Sep 4, 2017
I don't dislike Lost Chapter, but you might as well have tied one hand behind your back in every fight if you chose anything but the lust build. It's disproportionately powerful and the rare cards ironically had such bad synergy that you're almost always better off never picking them.
Well, i agree, the balance sucked in Lost Chapter , but the map system itself looked good :)

Nanapower

Jun 15, 2018
Wow Lost Chapter and Last Evil style fighting system is definitely a massive upgrade !
There are so much bonuses to play such game and almost zero cons !

DickMaster

Jul 12, 2017
It might be working for you, but don't expect any official support for anything that is specific to Win7.
Bro, i don't get what your issue with some people using windows 7 is... Saria reclaimed is a game built using RPG maker MZ which works on Windows 7 so it should only make sense for it to work with the said OS. It has nothing to do with "support" or whatever, but rather the fact that the first dude's issue isn't related to a software problem but likely to his hardware. I can already guess that he tried running the game on a system with the integrated graphics or something which is a big no-no with the unoptimized pile of crap that MZ is (MV had much the same issues).

Bedead

Jan 4, 2018
Bro, i don't get what your issue with some people using windows 7 is... Saria reclaimed is a game built using RPG maker MZ which works on Windows 7 so it should only make sense for it to work with the said OS. It has nothing to do with "support" or whatever, but rather the fact that the first dude's issue isn't related to a software problem but likely to his hardware. I can already guess that he tried running the game on a system with the integrated graphics or something which is a big no-no with the unoptimized pile of crap that MZ is (MV had much the same issues).
Yes MZ has Windows 7 support but just because it works for you still doesn't mean it's 100% not a software issue lmao. There's a reason people get made fun of when they say "WoRkS oN mY CoMpuTEr!"

Velminth

Game Developer
Apr 8, 2021
The whole OS thing is more so a chain of issues from Microsoft stopping support for Windows 7, to eventually Java and then finally to RPGM MZ as it is based on Java, it may work for now but if it eventually stops I cannot do anything about it from my end.

DickMaster

Jul 12, 2017
Yes MZ has Windows 7 support but just because it works for you still doesn't mean it's 100% not a software issue lmao. There's a reason people get made fun of when they say "WoRkS oN mY CoMpuTEr!"
The whole OS thing is more so a chain of issues from Microsoft stopping support for Windows 7, to eventually Java and then finally to RPGM MZ as it is based on Java, it may work for now but if it eventually stops I cannot do anything about it from my end.
I wonder whatever you people even realize that my posts weren't complaints and it wasn't me who had issues with the game, so yeah...

At this point i would rather just put this discussion to an end as i'm really regretting even posting anything (the original intent was trying to find a way to help the person who actually has an issue).

Jul 28, 2018
Is this game...only available for Windows 10 and up? I tried to run this on Windows 7 and won't even start.
Saria Reclaimed uses nwjs 0.48.4 64-bit. Do you have Windows 7 32-bit installed? The game won't run on that; Windows will tell you that it's an invalid application. (This is not unique to Windows 7.)

FWIW, Java and JavaScript are unrelated. RPG Maker MV/MZ use JavaScript. (They're based on nwjs, which is based on Chromium; an RPG Maker MV/MZ game is effectively a fancy web site running in a custom browser.)

eugene67

Jul 21, 2020
That's a neat idea I hadn't thought of before. Depending on how you're expected to draw and play cards, it would be kind of neat to have the player's Pleasure level add cards to the deck, or having boss enemies add cards to the players deck.
I wonder if the card system going to be a new hand each round or draw x at combat start and draw 1 each round?
Thats a great addition dude. Damn I hope Velminth goes down that route.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
Saria Reclaimed uses nwjs 0.48.4 64-bit. Do you have Windows 7 32-bit installed? The game won't run on that; Windows will tell you that it's an invalid application. (This is not unique to Windows 7.)
There is a 32-bit download of nwjs (the ones with ia32 in the filename) if 32-bit is the only way for some people to play, variances in performance should be expected though.

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes