RPGM Sasha's Story - Culture Shock [v0.2.4c] [fazthestampede]

4.60 star(s) 12 Votes

fazthestampede

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2017
Demoness_Kiss That's actually a good point. Alright, I'll request the moderator to insert all the changelogs I did since V.0.1.7a in the comment section below this one.
taboo22 Taboo is legend, Taboo is my hero.
TechnoParagon The flickering is due to a stop-motion technique I use. The funny thing is; every character uses the same programming method. Some flickers some don't. lol. I'll keep experimenting.

fazthestampede

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2017
V.0.1.7b changelog:
  • added content before Sasha sleeps right after V.0.1.7a ended
  • fixed the strange invisible walls
  • balanced the way the Quest log pops up (thanks to Riggoth)

V.0.1.7c changelog:
  • Added day, evening, and night system [perfect loop cycle]
  • Added daily breakfast -all costumes
  • Added daily bath scene
  • Added fishing scene
  • Added fruit quest
  • Added fish quest
  • Enabled opening Ana's present
  • Added fish seller scene
  • Added reading book on shelf
  • Enabled prancing around in undergarments

Frank Chateau

Feb 5, 2018
After the anxiety attack, where are you supposed to hide? I would say I clicked everything, but clearly I did click the correct thing

Reactions: taboo22

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
Hey, in the prologue, just at begin of the game where she realised she was dreaming the game crashed, it happen only once but I was skipping the second time.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also, the animation are kinda buggy when you're skipping text, the characters are following weird path and usually end in the wrong position or clip with something (that happen me with the welcome speech).

Yet another one just after the welcome speech after you leave the house for the first time.

And here's the third, while sleeping to evening.

Last edited:
Reactions: fazthestampede

TechnoParagon

Mar 16, 2022
Yeah to be honest in this build the game crashed for me like 3 times. each time right after when the game asks you to save or close enough so it did bother me. Also I will say I was hoping for more supernatural elements for the story direction... But either way this game is a great so far.

Sangoku25

Jul 3, 2017
have random crash XD
[0904/075552.718:ERROR:http_transport_win.cc(175)] WinHttpCrackUrl: Die URL verwendet kein bekanntes Protokoll. (0x2ee6)
[0904/081950.181:ERROR:http_transport_win.cc(175)] WinHttpCrackUrl: Die URL verwendet kein bekanntes Protokoll. (0x2ee6)

But to the game. This all looks great I hope this will continue later. +

Last edited:

@PanDemonium

Jun 6, 2022
Dont wanna spoil the fun but title CULTURE SHOCK already xzist on this site its about blonde mom who fuck some Ni99as and her son.

Maybe U could change title by bit lets say : CULTURE STROKE

• Haha

fazthestampede

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2017
luchettodj94 TechnoParagon Sangoku25
Thanks for the bug and crash report, Lads. Those bug and crash reports are being solved as we speak. I'm very confident that I finally found the reasons why. I'm implementing a prominent solution to prevent the game from potential crashes in future updates.
pandemonium Haha, nice one. That is true and F95 warned me about it back in March 2022. So, the title for this game is "Sasha's Story -Culture Shock" exclusively for f95. heavenly pete there will be many of those as the story unfolds^^

Reactions: Sangoku25

theleon

Apr 18, 2018
luchettodj94 TechnoParagon Sangoku25
Thanks for the bug and crash report, Lads. Those bug and crash reports are being solved as we speak. I'm very confident that I finally found the reasons why. I'm implementing a prominent solution to prevent the game from potential crashes in future updates.
pandemonium Haha, nice one. That is true and F95 warned me about it back in March 2022. So, the title for this game is "Sasha's Story -Culture Shock" exclusively for f95. heavenly pete there will be many of those as the story unfolds^^
If I may be so bold for 3 suggestions that I personally like;
1: You already have a bar, and the suggestion to work there.
I do like it when there is some action and progression in the bar while working, like in A New Dawn (new actions unlock after reaching amount X of exhibitionism)
2: big fan of "truth or dare" games
3: more (accidental) revealing, like when falling off the vine and the farmer is able to see you, or playing a minigame where you agree to show/do something when you lose, like in Tales Of Divinity.

Obviously, just my personal preference and no idea if it's on the roadmap.
Totally up to you to decide what to do with these, in my opinion I see potential.
Liked a lot of the game so far.

trashlab

Jan 20, 2020
TechnoParagon The flickering is due to a stop-motion technique I use. The funny thing is; every character uses the same programming method. Some flickers some don't. lol. I'll keep experimenting.
You can manually preload the image and add an event listener to the preloader so that it only switches the image once it's actually loaded; otherwise it'll unload the previous frame before it finishes loading the new one which causes the flickering.

Basically, instead of using the Show Picture command for "Image Name Here", use a script call:
Code:
ImageManager.loadPicture("Image Name Here").addLoadListener(bitmap => $gameScreen.showPicture(pictureId, "Image Name Here", origin, x, y, scaleX, scaleY, opacity, blendMode );
You could also use the to make all the animation frames part of one giant image so it loads them all at once, but it's pretty buggy. You'd also need to delete spritesheets without errors, and for some reason they tend to forget that they're spritesheets when the map transitions, so you have to clear and reload them with every transition.

• Red Heart
4.60 star(s) 12 Votes