Who Does MC Call To Help Him "Study?"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 18, 2018
I don't use any patch/translation , 2 I didn't use a clean install, just loaded old saves from a previous version of the game. I only installed Relationships Patch
I couldn't reproduce the errors, either.
So it's (probably) the old saves: the game underwent a few changes.
The patch itself shouldn't do any harm - I wrote that script myself, so I saw there are no variables that can do these errors.
Please try a clean install (meaning: delete the folder and open it from the RAR), and tell us what happens.

Reactions: XTZ Adult Games

XTZ Adult Games

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2020
Dev, consider putting an "old saves don't work" warning in the OP.
I think that's the problem.
You're rgiht - I should have already done it, but I forgot.
There were changes to some sequences, and so some saves will not start on the same points on the last update.
I will correct this (and other little visual bugs and a couple of missing images) on the next update.

XTZ Adult Games

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2020
A.-I get an error when Sylvia sticks her ass out in front of Paula

B.-Another error I get is Paulla's claim that Sylvia's bikini is not appropriate for her son to watch

C.- Another error I get when Paula says "Sylvia is too much" and when Sylvia is supposed to answer I get an error

D.- Sylvia is about to answer, an error occurs

E.- error when Sylvia tells Paula about bj and Paulla tries to answer

F.- It's a mistake when Paula believes that her daughter blames Paula for the breakup

G.- Error when Sylvia says custom and Paula doesn't have time to answer her and error

I have more errors but I don't want to throw them here anymore what are these errors? from loading old saves?
After going through all these error reports, it seems to me it is some relationships patch.
Which one did you use?

XTZ Adult Games

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2020
I downloaded on this forum on the first page. But unnecessarily, because it was already installed in the new version and I didn't notice it
The "myrelationships" script that is on the OP (first page Original Post), created by Mr. Wildstar, should be fine - I put it there after trying it out.
What should not be there is a game with that script already installed...
There is a "relationships" script that comes with the game, and that one should NOT be messed with.

Please do this: A clean install, and then add the "myrelationships" script from the OP to the game folder.
If there is any problem, please tell us.
And yes, you have just been volunteered to our Beta-Testing staff... :)

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
The "myrelationships" script that is on the OP (first page Original Post), created by Mr. Wildstar, should be fine - I put it there after trying it out.
What should not be there is a game with that script already installed...
There is a "relationships" script that comes with the game, and that one should NOT be messed with.

Please do this: A clean install, and then add the "myrelationships" script from the OP to the game folder.
If there is any problem, please tell us.
And yes, you have just been volunteered to our Beta-Testing staff... :)
(y)I played again and the errors are gone

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
A bit late for this discussion but not too much I hope, and definitely not lost on topics.
I "heard" a lot of comments about the MC being a doormat or a chad in making and my opinion is that he is neither at the moment. He's closer to a blank canvas and that makes sense if XTZ wants to allow us to shape it's personality. He realizes he's in the middle of a plot that is more advanced than he grasps and it'll take him some time to take control of things... One example of that is the way he responds to the shithead classmate. At least that's how I feel about it.

About Paula and Jess being fucked, well, this is an AVN and, if we consider some of the best available here that cover a wide range of tags, there's fucking up and down and left and right and across. But, in my playthrough, NOBODY touches my girls. That's what I've been "promised" so that's what I'm expecting! Considering what XTZ has been answering and revealing this past few days, I don't see why such a fuss. But still on this topic, my delicious "roommate" Jess has been subject to bit of an humiliation and that made the hair stand up a little in the back of my head. I gather it's a plot issue and I'm not expecting to turn the tables on those two immediately but we need some balance fast, because the only option was to be less humiliated. Patricia is just too hot to let go like that and I'm hoping for a scenario where she gets turned and gives in. But Letitia definitely needs a good spanking and something more. Well, that's just my opinion.

About the update, somebody else already said it was short but sweet. I agree. XTZ explained why and those who have been around the thread for the last months know the reasons. Now, I'm definitely not whiteknighting the Dev and I also feel that it needs to progress faster, but I also make a point of trying to understand what's happening and why. One of the things I really like about Saving Paula is that no conversation is ever dull because characters are constantly changing expressions, making funny faces, playing with their clothes or dangling their legs, like Patricia in the classroom or Silvia sunbathing. Or flashing their panties... That requires a lot of renders and specific coding witch is time consuming, but the result is much better that the usual blinking animations. That's an important feature of Saving Paula and the Dev's signature. A major plus.

Speaking of animations... I know XTZ is dying to blow up the new 4090 with killer animations. My only concern here is that those are also really time consuming and I don't know how or if it will hinder development time. On the other hand, and that's again my opinion (and I gather the majority here thinks differently), a good sequence of great stills is usually much better than the standard animations. A very good example of that is the scene with Patricia and Letitia. I'm not very fond of lesbian scenes but that one was hot, perfectly illustrated and the images spoke for themselves (I really hate overly descriptive narrations or dialogues). No need for more.

About stats and variable values. There's a good number of stat variables and I just hope those are there to unlock choices or scenes according to players preferences and not to lock player on this or that path. I don't like when Devs use stats to lock players on certain paths and then remove player choice or force content on them. Never understood that and always thought one could and should change one's opinion. So there's a suggestion, if I may, about game mechanics and a better gaming experience.

I think the foundations are still being laid and this first setting the stage chapter will soon advance to more action with the MC and the main girls. If not getting laid, at least getting closer emotionally, particularly MC and Jess, because he is already close to Paula. Renders are fantastic and I'm sure XTZ will never disappoint on that front. The story is already there (and now we know the plot is almost completely written, as it should) so I just want to see more. Of everything.

About 20 years ago I started writing and directing, mainly animation series for kids.
I teach animation since 2007.
Today's lesson: how to apply the right amount of bounce to butts and boobs in different situations.
I'd love to attend one of your classes! Sorry, sorry, just couldn't resist. I'll see myself out... :p

XTZ Adult Games

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2020
I "heard" a lot of comments about the MC being a doormat or a chad in making and my opinion is that he is neither at the moment. He's closer to a blank canvas and that makes sense if XTZ wants to allow us to shape it's personality. He realizes he's in the middle of a plot that is more advanced than he grasps and it'll take him some time to take control of things... One example of that is the way he responds to the shithead classmate. At least that's how I feel about it.
Yes! Exactly right!
How did those "he's a wuss" people here missed that classroom scene?
I mean, I can understand them being distracted by Jenny's and Zooey's asses, but have they even played the game?!
And it will be up to you guys to decide where the main characters go and do.
Whoever doesn't like this, should read a story, not play a game.

...But still on this topic, my delicious "roommate" Jess has been subject to bit of an humiliation and that made the hair stand up a little in the back of my head. I gather it's a plot issue and I'm not expecting to turn the tables on those two immediately but we need some balance fast, because the only option was to be less humiliated. Patricia is just too hot to let go like that and I'm hoping for a scenario where she gets turned and gives in. But Letitia definitely needs a good spanking and something more. Well, that's just my opinion.
About Jessica:
The game is called "Saving Paula," but you will soon find out that Jessica also needs a good deal of saving.
But her story is a more torturous and traitorous one, I'm afraid.
She will see a lot of darkness before she sees the light.
So play well!

...One of the things I really like about Saving Paula is that no conversation is ever dull because characters are constantly changing expressions, making funny faces, playing with their clothes or dangling their legs, like Patricia in the classroom or Silvia sunbathing. Or flashing their panties... That requires a lot of renders and specific coding witch is time consuming, but the result is much better that the usual blinking animations. That's an important feature of Saving Paula and the Dev's signature. A major plus.
I'm glad you like it, and I hope others do, too.
I know the game is sometimes criticized exactly for this - for having "too many images" or something like that.
I wouldn't be surprised if this comes from people who don't bother looking on a person's face to see what they feel at that moment.
There is no single frame I've rendered that has no reason - especially those consecutive, un-texted ones.
They are the story.

Speaking of animations... I know XTZ is dying to blow up the new 4090 with killer animations. My only concern here is that those are also really time consuming and I don't know how or if it will hinder development time. On the other hand, and that's again my opinion (and I gather the majority here thinks differently), a good sequence of great stills is usually much better than the standard animations. A very good example of that is the scene with Patricia and Letitia. I'm not very fond of lesbian scenes but that one was hot, perfectly illustrated and the images spoke for themselves (I really hate overly descriptive narrations or dialogues). No need for more.
I completely agree - regardless of RTX numbers: a good, story-advancing image sequence is better than a pointless, bad animation.
That being said a good, lively animation is better than an image sequence.
So there will have to be animations, but when the game is a little more developed, and the animations will have reasons for existing.
For now, animating is too time consuming (the motion assets that I have are either not good enough or require too much worktime to make them suitable for my characters proportions).

About stats and variable values. There's a good number of stat variables and I just hope those are there to unlock choices or scenes according to players preferences and not to lock player on this or that path. I don't like when Devs use stats to lock players on certain paths and then remove player choice or force content on them. Never understood that and always thought one could and should change one's opinion. So there's a suggestion, if I may, about game mechanics and a better gaming experience.
You have a good point there, up to a point... :)
Anyone can change their opinion, but if all your life choices were going in one direction, you'd probably keep going there by inertia.
And most importantly, those who know you will expect you to act in a certain way and may not give you the chance to change.
In other words: if some of your variables in the game are too high or too low, your choice wouldn't matter because the other character will not give you the option to do whatever you like
So play well!

And finally, thank you for taking the time to write all this, because it gave me a chance to address some issues and... let's call them "misconceptions" that some people wrote here.

lil dicky

Jul 12, 2017
Does this version end after meeting Sylvia at the pool for you guys as well, or is my game bugging? Bc the changelog for the previous version says 14 new characters, and I fell like I've barely met 14 characters at all

• Thinking Face
Reactions: XTZ Adult Games
Apr 18, 2018
Does this version end after meeting Sylvia at the pool for you guys as well, or is my game bugging? Bc the changelog for the previous version says 14 new characters, and I fell like I've barely met 14 characters at all
The pool scene is the last one for this update.
It ends a little after MC arrives.
The characters were introduced in the previous update, and there were many of them (I didn't count).

Reactions: lil dicky

blademaster89

Aug 4, 2017

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
About Jessica:
The game is called "Saving Paula," but you will soon find out that Jessica also needs a good deal of saving.
But her story is a more torturous and traitorous one, I'm afraid.
She will see a lot of darkness before she sees the light.
So play well!
I want to save everyone if I can. And now I'm being the white knight!
Just keep in mind that many people have really strong feelings towards abuse and humiliations scenarios. I understand your reasoning and I read the planned and potential tags but certain scenarios would most certainly ruin my gaming experience... That's why I expect to always have a way out or that it won't go too far...

Anyone can change their opinion, but if all your life choices were going in one direction, you'd probably keep going there by inertia.
Even if the assumption is statistically true and past behaviors are the best indicator of future ones, it's still a probability, like you just said... :whistle:

In other words: if some of your variables in the game are too high or too low, your choice wouldn't matter because the other character will not give you the option to do whatever you like
So play well!
That's what I can accept. At least I can't argue against that. We're talking about characters "reacting" to players inputs and making "their" decisions based on that. Choice and consequence. OK. I intend to play well so we'll see.
Now, about serious issues: Paula's bottom... ;)

4.00 star(s) 38 Votes