GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
I have tried to get into so many of these "games," I don't know how you people stomach them.

It's just pages, and pages, and pages, and pages, and pages, and pages, and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages andpagesandpagesandpages of pointless, dumb, poorly written, completely meaningless, vapid small talk. It's not relevant to the story, it doesnt build the characters, none of it matters. Just words thrown at your face.

I get MASSIVELY BORED with this trash and start clicking through till finally about 20 minutes in the "game" finally asks me, the "player," to actually do something other than click through pointless text. And what's the introduction to gameplay?

Pick a drink. YOU PICKED THE WRONG DRINK GAME OVER. As if that's how dating or video games work.

How did you, the "player," manage to get the date? You clicked anywhere on the screen at least 432 times. Good job player.

I hate this shit.
If that is the case then you should delete the game, click unfollow this thread, click ignore this thread, and find something else to play.

The fact is that the rest of us mindless drones have nothing better to do than to read a naughty book in a Visual Novel format.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Hey everyone. This post was supposed to be about the progress report for the current stage of version 0.5. Unfortunately, we received really sad news this morning. As most of you already know, my partner's father was diagnosed with lung cancer and he has been fighting with it for the last three months. Sadly, he passed away this morning. It really shocked and devastated us. Yesterday, when I was talked with my partner about his father's treatment, he said that things starting to get better and he is feeling a lot better compared to the last couple of weeks, but as you already know cancer is a really sinister disease. My partner is feeling overwhelming sadness at the moment and, to be honest, there aren't so many things that I can do to help him get over his pain and suffering that he is currently facing. It's an unimaginable feeling of not being able to help someone you truly love and trust. Death is something we all have to face at some point in our lives, but no matter how old you are, where are you from, or how thick your skin is, losing a family member is something you just can't be prepared for. It almost feels like I lost my own father, as my partner is more like a brother to me. The reason I share this with you guys has nothing to do with the game or the number of patrons we have. I don't care if we lost all our patrons or we won't able to release a 0.5. All I care about is my partner's well being and I'm sure you guys will understand this. I will keep you guys posted about any changes for the new version. For the time being, talking about the game just doesn't feel right. I don't want to talk about the future of Savior or anything. Right now, I have to respect my partner's situation and be there for him, no matter what. Even though none of us know each other personally, I'm sure you guys will share our pain and send us your best wishes. Moral support is really important during these kinds of hard times and all I ask from you is the respect my partner's loss and pray for his well-being. Thank you.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Take the time to deal with your own grief and that of your partner as well, best of luck and lots of support wished to both of you by your loved ones for this hard period.

Reactions: Mikedazz1

wh1ter0se

Aug 8, 2018
I have tried to get into so many of these "games," I don't know how you people stomach them.

It's just pages, and pages, and pages, and pages, and pages, and pages, and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages andpagesandpagesandpages of pointless, dumb, poorly written, completely meaningless, vapid small talk. It's not relevant to the story, it doesnt build the characters, none of it matters. Just words thrown at your face.

I get MASSIVELY BORED with this trash and start clicking through till finally about 20 minutes in the "game" finally asks me, the "player," to actually do something other than click through pointless text. And what's the introduction to gameplay?

Pick a drink. YOU PICKED THE WRONG DRINK GAME OVER. As if that's how dating or video games work.

How did you, the "player," manage to get the date? You clicked anywhere on the screen at least 432 times. Good job player.

I hate this shit.
The fuck do you expect? Cyberpunk-level type of shit? You in the wrong neighbourhood cuz. There's a reason why its a Visual novel game. Calm thy tits.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
pitruchio, loth123loth, Momlover517, could you please check if your antivirus is quarantining any of the game's files? I have no trouble running it, but I'm on Linux and tested the Windows files only by using wine.

Seeing as the Ren'Py version of 0.4c is reported as being 7.4.0
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
the following should not be true anymore:
Note: This version has been rebuilt using the Ren'Py SDK by @CLDꝜ due to concerns over the leaked version's detection by antivirus engines.
as they rebuilt using the latest stable Ren'Py version; which is still 7.3.5.

So, in case you do find your antivirus to have taken an issue with the game's files, you have two choices:
  1. Deeming me trustworthy enough to have done nothing more than what @CLDꝜ did 2 months ago (see linked post above) and downloading this:
  2. Downloading the and rebuilding the game yourselves. Once you've downloaded it, open the Renpy Launcher, then it's preferences (bottom right) and set the Projects Directory to the folder in which you extracted the game and hit 'Return'. Savior-0.4c-pc should now appear in the projects list. Select it and afterwards the action 'Build Distributions'. Select the Build Package 'PC: Windows and Linux', hit 'Build', and wait for the process to finish.
Hope this helps!

Lightningsnoop, in case the above is true you may want to see about rebuilding the mac version which just means selecting a different build package. If that's too much hassle for you I could rebuild and upload that too, though I can't test it as with the pc version.

Edit:
32-bit / mac

Last edited:

hokkodd

Oct 11, 2017
I had the same problem with not opening game.
In my case solution was to remove all non-latin letters from path to game folder.
Guess might help someone

Milf_Aficionado

Formerly 'Momlover517'
Sep 28, 2018
pitruchio, loth123loth, Momlover517, could you please check if your antivirus is quarantining any of the game's files? I have no trouble running it, but I'm on Linux and tested the Windows files only by using wine.

Seeing as the Ren'Py version of 0.4c is reported as being 7.4.0
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
the following should not be true anymore:

as they rebuilt using the latest stable Ren'Py version; which is still 7.3.5.

So, in case you do find your antivirus to have taken an issue with the game's files, you have two choices:
  1. Deeming me trustworthy enough to have done nothing more than what @CLDꝜ did 2 months ago (see linked post above) and downloading this: Savior-0.4c-pc.zip (1.18 GB)
  2. Downloading the and rebuilding the game yourselves. Once you've downloaded it, open the Renpy Launcher, then it's preferences (bottom right) and set the Projects Directory to the folder in which you extracted the game and hit 'Return'. Savior-0.4c-pc should now appear in the projects list. Select it and afterwards the action 'Build Distributions'. Select the Build Package 'PC: Windows and Linux', hit 'Build', and wait for the process to finish.
Hope this helps!

Lightningsnoop, in case the above is true you may want to see about rebuilding the mac version which just means selecting a different build package. If that's too much hassle for you I could rebuild and upload that too, though I can't test it as with the pc version.

Edit:
32-bit Savior-0.4c-win.zip (1.17 GB) / mac Savior-0.4c-mac.zip (1.17 GB)
Thanks. Actually I have talked with the developer about this issue and he said they will release the new link asap.

Reactions: Hordragg

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

We are getting back to work!

Hey everyone. Right of the bat, I want to thank you all. My partner is facing one of the hardest times in his life and all the good wishes and moral support we got from you guys absolutely meant a lot and helped him to getting back on his feet. Honestly, I can't thank you enough for this.

Now it's time for some good news. We are going back to work this Monday. To be honest, I was willing to wait as long as my partner needs, but he said and I quote "I am ready to start working again. I have to learn how to live without my father, eventually. I think getting back to work will help me forget about my pain."

As soon as we start to work on Savior again, I will share another post with some preview pictures to let you guys know about the current stage of v0.5.

Again, thank you so much for being there for us, and thank you so much for your support.

Feb 10, 2018
I tried going through this thread but I'm still confused about it being rebuilt. Is this essentially a fan port? What exactly is wrong with the dev's actual release?

• Angry
Reactions: DanThaMan

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
I tried going through this thread but I'm still confused about it being rebuilt. Is this essentially a fan port? What exactly is wrong with the dev's actual release?
No, it's not a fan port but a version with a downgraded runtime as there were problems with the one they used. The games assets and scripts remain unchanged.

Purple Fellas are distributing their game with a nightly build of Ren'Py that shouldn't be used for releases (see and ). As members reported their antivirus having problems with the 0.4 update or rather its runtime, it was rebuild by CLDꝜ using the latest stable Ren'Py version. Which essentially just means switching out the Ren'Py version and crossing ones fingers that the game doesn't rely on a new API or behaviour introduced with the nightly. As the bugifx release 0.4c suffers from much the same problem it too got rebuilt.

3.80 star(s) 132 Votes