SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
You may also need to whitelist the actual executables of the Ren'Py runtime like the included python interpreter located at lib/windows-i686.

Edit: Though if I were you I'd still rather switch in an officially supported Ren'Py version than fooling around with whitelisting stuff.
Thanks! I hope this game is worth the hassle. :)

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Lol... I finally got the game to work with the compressed version, but lol... horrible. Just horrible. That was simply the WORST dialogue I have ever read. I had to stop playing it after they arrested the purse snatcher.

Wow. So awful, plus I have that lame music stuck in my head. Not a good experience. Lol.

Regardless, thanks for the help! Learned something new at least.

Purple Fellas

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2019
Lol... I finally got the game to work with the compressed version, but lol... horrible. Just horrible. That was simply the WORST dialogue I have ever read. I had to stop playing it after they arrested the purse snatcher.

Wow. So awful, plus I have that lame music stuck in my head. Not a good experience. Lol.

Well, that's a bit harsh but thanks anyway lol. Also, I admit, we are not that proud of our first version but according to players that played the latest version, with each version, renders and dialogues got better so perhaps you can give our game another chance and see if you will like it :D That's up to you of course :D

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019

What? No! I mean, yes, the beginning is a tad… let's just play it old school and have the first rule of intro be, we don't talk about intro.

I like the potential of the story and feel many a twist coming our way. I like the overall render quality and most of the models. And above all, I'm intrigued by the many vacant slots on it's slick stats screen:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And while I too find some of their writing in need of improvement, I also like to think that they're doing just that simply by going forward. Also, it has Liv in it:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:love:

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Well, that's a bit harsh but thanks anyway lol. Also, I admit, we are not that proud of our first version but according to players that played the latest version, with each version, renders and dialogues got better so perhaps you can give our game another chance and see if you will like it :D That's up to you of course :D
Ha!

Glad you have a good sense of humor about it!

I will admit to liking the artwork and the Depth of Field intro was really well done! Certainly the rendering and artwork skills are top of the line, but dude...
  • "Did they put Scarlett Johansson and Brad Pitt's sweat in this coffee?"
  • "Please be a doll and give the car keys and donuts to the pig who lives among the people."
  • "There is an emergency empty glass situation, Officer Handsome."
But I will follow the first rule of intro and give it another chance. Especially since you have been so gracious about my comments. :)

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
What? No! I mean, yes, the beginning is a tad… let's just play it old school and have the first rule of intro be, we don't talk about intro.
Ha! "...first rule of intro be,..." This will make me give the game another chance!

Purple Fellas

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2019
Ha!

Glad you have a good sense of humor about it!

I will admit to liking the artwork and the Depth of Field intro was really well done! Certainly the rendering and artwork skills are top of the line, but dude...
  • "Did they put Scarlett Johansson and Brad Pitt's sweat in this coffee?"
  • "Please be a doll and give the car keys and donuts to the pig who lives among the people."
  • "There is an emergency empty glass situation, Officer Handsome."
But I will follow the first rule of intro and give it another chance. Especially since you have been so gracious about my comments. :)
Oh boy. Those lines... Being a foreigner and trying to do USA base jokes wasn't easy and it still isn't. You know the feeling when you read your Facebook comments from 4 years ago. That's exactly how I feel about those lines lol

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Okay... wow! Huge difference. The dialogue got way better in the second part! I am definitely enjoying it!

3D Novelist

Sep 17, 2020
Regarding the Incest Patch:
So the tags in the Incest Patch actually are correct. The problem is that up until now PFs have not been tagging the script properly for the patch to actually take hold of certain instances. So especially with Vanessa and Eugene, sometimes their names would be hard written into the code, instead of a tag. I did a replay tonight and fixed all the instances where that happened.

The script doesn't affect people who don't want the patch either as the IPatch simply causes the tags to translate differently.
If you don't have it, the names come out like they should.

I also made sure to use the correct usages like "your mom" or "your dad" when choosing the tags.

Unzip this folder, and replace these files in the /game folder. Then use the current Incest Patch as normal. Everything will be fixed.

Edit:
I've noticed this post has been added to the OP, for the future, this post was made during v0.4 so if this updates before I have a chance to look at it, DO NOT overwrite Script 2 in future versions, it will remove any future content. I will try to update it as we go.
Does this work with version 0.4c?

3D Novelist

Sep 17, 2020
Both the incest patch and the walkthrough mod have the script.rpy and script2.rpy file. I cannot use both, which one to go, do I have to choose?

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Both the incest patch and the walkthrough mod have the script.rpy and script2.rpy file. I cannot use both, which one to go, do I have to choose?
Not necessarily, no, as the incest patch itself only consists of patch.rpyc and just defines names an relations superceding those of the script. The latter however has several errors in the way of hardcoded names and relations which got fixed by RoadWulf (*bows in their general direction*) and it's their fix that contains the aforementioned files. So, long story short: if you need the game to never slip-up on naming certain individuals and relations then yes, you need to forego the walkthrough mod, merge it's contents with RoadWulf's fix, or use the walkthrough by Zoey Raven.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019

Hey guys!

We would like to share a progress report for version 0.5. Currently, 400 renders done and one animation is ready to render. Animations usually take 12-15 hours to render and we are planning to add at least 6 animations for this version. Things are going really smoothly the last couple of weeks and we are able to work 12+ hours every day. If everything goes as planned, we are aiming to release this version in late December or early January.

As always, thank you so much for your support. If you have any questions you want to ask or any suggestions that you want to share, please don't hesitate to reach to us from the Discord channel or Patreon.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
i don't understand what happened to my ability to play this game .. but after version2 ... i was not able to play it any more .... i show the error i got :unsure:

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
i don't understand what happened to my ability to play this game .. but after version2 ... i was not able to play it any more .... i show the error i got :unsure:
If it was from loading a save file, try an earlier save. Otherwise you may need to start over. Good news about that is it is only v0.4.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
it starts to load then stops :mad: and gives that error
It seems it is a dev issue. The file swdraw.py [Savior-0.4c-pc\renpy\display] is different between versions 0.3c and 0.4c and the code that calls it is different. You could try to copy the file from the previous install. Don't know what that will do, though. Edit...path added.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
naww screw it .... there a shit load of other games i can play .. altho i will miss playing this one .. but thanks anyways :)

• Sad
Reactions: RustyRug
3.80 star(s) 133 Votes