JYPGames

Game Developer
Sep 1, 2020
They do actually, i tried, you just need move them to the save folder of the new builds.

The name change makes the new build to not recognize the saves in the old name build, but they indeed work.
Saves from v0.1.1 work, probably. If you played v0.1.0, I would recommend that you just start from scratch as a lot of variables etc. have changed.

Dimmuborrgir

Jul 12, 2018
One feedback that I would appreciate is if you think the game is too "grindy". I'm thinking about making the next contract cost $10,000 and I don't want people to feel like it'll be a chore to get it done. I understand that a lot of you use console commands to alter the code, etc. but I would appreciate the feedback from the people who played the game as it was intended. From playing the game straight through, you get 3 affection and about $1000 per day. It took me about 10 days of clicking to get to $10,000. I personally don't think that that is a lot but everyone has different standards when it comes to grinding. I don't want to lower the cost of a contract because it would feel "unrealistic"... but I also don't want to increase the money already because making $1000 per day is also... unrealistic...

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this update and continue supporting me. Thanks and have fun.
10k is fine imo, you can get money pretty fast in this game. Grind is not really a chore unlike so many other games lol

Reactions: JYPGames

Faustus7

Apr 4, 2018
I'm gonna try to keep this vague to avoid saying spoilers but can we do anything about the situation with one of the new girls?

GH20

Feb 21, 2020
Gotta say, i kind of ironically like the new character Rita, and i say ironically because she is pretty hateful already, which makes me actually like to hate her too.

Honestly, if i was the MC on her introduction scene: i would go to instantly buy her scarlet contract, and show up with it on the fight, forcing her to battle herself lmao!

I put it on spoiler, just in case i accidentally readed your mind with what would happen to her in the next build. :alien:

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Story continuity issue.

At home at noon to hang out with mom then go to the store at late noon for Serena scene.
At home at noon ScarletLaw 2020-10-27 12-30-00-96.jpg to open map to go to the store ScarletLaw 2020-10-27 12-30-04-61.jpg Then late noon at the store, it says I was working when I was not. ScarletLaw 2020-10-27 12-30-10-91.jpg ScarletLaw 2020-10-27 12-30-13-01.jpg ScarletLaw 2020-10-27 12-30-14-86.jpg ScarletLaw 2020-10-27 12-30-18-56.jpg

JYPGames

Game Developer
Sep 1, 2020
Gotta say, i kind of ironically like the new character Rita, and i say ironically because she is pretty hateful already, which makes me actually like to hate her too.

Honestly, if i was the MC on her introduction scene: i would go to instantly buy her scarlet contract, and show up with it on the fight, forcing her to battle herself lmao!

I put it on spoiler, just in case i accidentally readed your mind with what would happen to her in the next build. :alien:
I have a lot planned for her... she will have her part eventually.

JYPGames

Game Developer
Sep 1, 2020
Story continuity issue.

At home at noon to hang out with mom then go to the store at late noon for Serena scene.
At home at noon View attachment 876424 to open map to go to the store View attachment 876425 Then late noon at the store, it says I was working when I was not. View attachment 876426 View attachment 876427 View attachment 876428 View attachment 876429
Hmm... I understand what you're saying here but this was originally intended. I guess I can change the code a little but it was suppose to be implied that you had a working day with Serena (even though you obviously didn't). I don't know, maybe I'll change this maybe I won't.

Thank you for pointing these things out for me though.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Hmm... I understand what you're saying here but this was originally intended. I guess I can change the code a little but it was suppose to be implied that you had a working day with Serena (even though you obviously didn't). I don't know, maybe I'll change this maybe I won't.

Thank you for pointing these things out for me though.
Well to let you off the hook there I was with the mother for her scene once I got her to 20 points.

Maybe put in you need to work for the event to kick off.

Nov 24, 2019
One feedback that I would appreciate is if you think the game is too "grindy". I'm thinking about making the next contract cost $10,000 and I don't want people to feel like it'll be a chore to get it done. I understand that a lot of you use console commands to alter the code, etc. but I would appreciate the feedback from the people who played the game as it was intended. From playing the game straight through, you get 3 affection and about $1000 per day. It took me about 10 days of clicking to get to $10,000. I personally don't think that that is a lot but everyone has different standards when it comes to grinding. I don't want to lower the cost of a contract because it would feel "unrealistic"... but I also don't want to increase the money already because making $1000 per day is also... unrealistic...

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this update and continue supporting me. Thanks and have fun.
It depends mostly if there are other things to do on the meanwhile or if you'll spend the 10 days doing the same thing over... and over... and over again, really.

A possible approach is adding random events while working - but it requires a lot of work before getting repetitive and tiringsome. Another approach is making minigames out of it - but again, it can also get tiringsome... A yet another approach is keeping a time period where player won't work, like RL, where you work during day and afternoon but during evening you do other things (like browsing this forum and downloading an updated version of Scarlet Law...)

Grind is defined as the state of mind where you're not enjoying the game, but you keep going because the promise to enjoy it later, usually the same thing over... and over... and over again.

That's why it is technically incorrect to say "10 days is too much" or "10 days is too little". The more "correct" question would be if 10 days will be repetitive, mindless and annoying; Or if it will add flavor to the game/keep players entertained instead of just trying to skip everything to reach a fun part later on.

Do not mistake grind with effort, though; Effort is what makes the rewards worth it, grind is just... mindlessy tiring and not enjoyable at all.

(Hint: The more you grind, the more you realize you are grinding; The less you grind, the harder to notice it is.)

Macgamer

Oct 10, 2018
Think we need to buy a certain hot heads contract lol. Must be laws against turning your own Master into ash right? Right? Anyways great update loved it all. Hope to see Sylvia knocked up soon lol :p

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Maybe its just getting started and we will see more in later updates.

I for one love slow build up to sex with romance and love all the way.

Maybe some players want rush, rush and even more rushing to the sex at the get go. ;) :rolleyes:;)
Well like have of the girls are his family/close friends. So it's feasible for him to not instantly go "I see you as a sexual person now"

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
Well sounds like MC is gonna have a mega harem with all those school girls or at least that class (here's hoping) and that we get to keep all those girls in the class, definitely gonna need a bigger house good thing we work at the builder's guild now. Really want him to learn some real magic and start to show off his real abilities to put that girl Rita in her place. I mean MC is a Valla one of the most powerful beings in there world, it is time to start harnessing that power.

Man I wish that scene with MC's mother was repeatable, one slight critique about that scene though. It was implied that the MC cum in her but maybe make it more definitive where you actually see the MC cum in her as either animation or image to properly end the sex scene. It just makes it more definitive and doesn't leave you guessing if the scene ended. Perhaps similar to how other sex scenes finish using this same art style. And can we please get a proper incest patch. Will some modder please help the dev out.

One last thing is there a stat page for the MC for like charisma and stuff like that?

Last edited:

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
Regarding the money thing - this is actually something I'm feeling twisted 9?) about, because of the setting and 'grind'.

- For me the setting/story emphasizes that it's hard to make money in Scarlett, and that contracts are generally too expensive for most male Scarlett resident's to afford. We get the mother's contract thanx to someone else, and then only need 1k gold for the sister?

- Tying in with this is the amounts of money you can earn. You can earn money super, super quick... which again, goes completely against the story/setting.

- We can buy the shop for 1.5K gold, yet it produces on average ~200g a day, or ~450-500g a day if you work there as well. We make the gold back in a week to a week and a half easy. For a shop that's apparently not making much money.. we make money easily from it. Why is it being sold that cheaply?

On the other hand, if you make the wages and prices more 'realistic' to the setting, the game would then become a boring grind of doing the same things over, and over, and over again. IE work for mum in the morning, work at buiulding place at noon, work at shop in afternoon, and work for princess at evening. Repeat 20+ times. *boring* lol

As someone said - having higher cost items/shops/contracts/etc is fine, as long as there is other things to do while grinding out the gold. Obviously as the game is new... it'll feel extra grindy for ppl playing each update as they come, as they'll have nothing to interspace the grind.

You can see the dev has considered this, or at least seems so to me, by having the 'work' also increase the relationship between ppl. So it would be eay to grind money, get to relationship points, while building to event(s), and back to money grinding. The more girls and/or relationship level's we have... as well as side-events that crop up, the less 'grindy' the grind will feel.

Just my 2 cents. I don't mind the 10K contract myself... as long as we can continue doing other things while working on the gold grind.

2.90 star(s) 50 Votes