DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
The reboot happened over 2 months ago, people should stop moaning about it already. It has happened and that isn't changing, it's time to accept it. What happens with the game from here we will have to wait and see.
I think its because people are reminded this happened whenever a new update comes up in their feed. They see that's nowhere near in content as the previous version still, and thats just disappointing.
I hope its not the dev thats uploading the new versions or making them public. The smart thing would be to make a reboot and wait until it has plenty of content to justify it. Just update your patreons of the progress and pray that they don't leak it.

If the one uploading these versions is a patron, dude, you are ruining your dev. Stahp. Get some help.

quietly565

Aug 13, 2020
Ill be honest I'm not a fan of reboot but this happen over 2 month ago if people are still complaining that really sad by now you so be at that point you were 2 month ago I understand you get bored of the game. It still not a bad game. Same time it still being updated it not abandon.

Reactions: $@~ and He-man96.

Toram Eldin

Jul 2, 2018
Has the reboot caught back up to where the game was at before? Really enjoy this game, but I don't want to have to replay through a bunch of stuff just to not see anything new really.

Reactions: DrFree and $@~

NikoHello

Oct 3, 2018
I think there's a couple reasons why people don't like reboots. It can feel like a loss of progress for something you've invested a lot of time into, but the dev and the audience (because yes, time out of your day to play someone's game is an investment and devs should keep that in mind). If done for the right reasons and in the right way, a reboot can be seen as acceptable.

For example, if you write an integral character, say the main character, to react like a teen edgelord and then realize maybe I shouldn't write such a 1 dimensional character, then it makes sense to rewrite your story (this is what we call drafting). Another example is that you make a time management system in your game that's so deeply integrated into your programming, only to realize later that no one is having fun with it, that too would be a reason to reboot.

People could also see it as a dev trying to pad out development time for a game, while running on sites like patreon or subscribestar. The longer it takes, the more people will spend money. Again, this can be done in a good way, either ensuring that dev time for the reboot won't take a significant amount of time, or by pausing payments until a substantial amount of progress is made. People will usually be lenient to some extent, but it's not a good idea to take advantage of that. People have been burned repeatedly, and that's why many more people are turning to solely downloading pirated versions instead of supporting on patreon. You can only throw so much money at a project that seems to be going nowhere until you decide that dollar is better spent on that cup of coffee you had forgone earlier.

And, I want to say, I'm not accusing this dev of doing that. I played the pre reboot version and remember liking it quite a bit. I haven't played the newest version yet, but I just downloaded it since it's been a couple months. I wish all the best for the dev, and if the version is good, then great! I'll let everyone know and we can move past the whole "Boo reboot bad" thing. If the update doesn't have much content, or things feel like no difference was made before and after, then I'll let people know then too.

So, I guess what I'm saying is, be right back. Let's see if it was worth the hassle.

JapanFreak

Sep 15, 2019
what's the save location? i want to delete saves form appdata so i can restart from the beginning

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
Can anyone tell me how the reboot is better? What has been overall improved? How far along is he into the development?

razorlite

Aug 8, 2017
1632592904119.png

I'm kinda stuck here.

I can't use the map and I can't go to bed. I tried going to the park, but I can't find Estelle there at all.

Can anyone tell me what I should be doing from this point?

akuasiklupa2

Jan 9, 2021
To the dev: For this update, there is a bug where meeting with Ferry at the park in the evening does not execute properly. When I went to the park in the evening, it just play a scene of mc in the living room and then teleported me back to mc room.

Reactions: ecoli

allenandarth

May 30, 2017
i did all of the content in both versions and now i can properly evaluate whether the reboot was justified or not, it wasn't, the changes UI aren't very good, the game is a little bit more polished in some ways, a little bit cleaner, but it lost a lot of charm, content wise, all it did was lose a lot of content the new content isn't different enough to warrant a reboot, the money grinding is still horrible, i do however like the new introduction for Makoto, lastly i'm not going to comment on the Waifu Tax because that's like beating a dead horse, all i'm gonna say about it is...WHY? there was absolutely no reason for it to exist, the reboot overall was a downgrade and all we got from it was a lot of content lost

jclosed

Dec 3, 2019
i did all of the content in both versions and now i can properly evaluate whether the reboot was justified or not, it wasn't, the changes UI aren't very good, the game is a little bit more polished in some ways, a little bit cleaner, but it lost a lot of charm, content wise, all it did was lose a lot of content the new content isn't different enough to warrant a reboot, the money grinding is still horrible, i do however like the new introduction for Makoto, lastly i'm not going to comment on the Waifu Tax because that's like beating a dead horse, all i'm gonna say about it is...WHY? there was absolutely no reason for it to exist, the reboot overall was a downgrade and all we got from it was a lot of content lost
Sigh... I was quietly hoping there would be at least some improvement at certain points, but I get the general consensus. It signalled I'm out of luck. In short - (If I understand correctly) Nothing basicly has changed, but more stuff I don't like is added, and a chunk of content is removed. I was ready to give it a second try at some stage, but it seems a bit pointless to do so.

Reactions: EZ8lt

allenandarth

May 30, 2017
Sigh... I was quietly hoping there would be at least some improvement at certain points, but I get the general consensus. It signalled I'm out of luck. In short - (If I understand correctly) Nothing basicly has changed, but more stuff I don't like is added, and a chunk of content is removed. I was ready to give it a second try at some stage, but it seems a bit pointless to do so.
some stuff did change, it's not all doom and gloom, it's nothing earth shattering but, there changes, most of the changes are technical though, there were improvements on graphics, there's a map...a bad and very ugly one, but there's a map, i mean Silvia is still great, Azula is still weird, Estelle is still a little shit, Laureatte is still Laureatte, Serena is still unlikeable, Makoto is still adorable and Ferry is there...i guess

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
some stuff did change, it's not all doom and gloom, it's nothing earth shattering but, there changes, most of the changes are technical though, there were improvements on graphics, there's a map...a bad and very ugly one, but there's a map, i mean Silvia is still great, Azula is still weird, Estelle is still a little shit, Laureatte is still Laureatte, Serena is still unlikeable, Makoto is still adorable and Ferry is there...i guess
Have they at least cut down on the shear amount of 4th wall breaks and "Mao Mao: Heroes of Pure Heart" namedrops? That near constant immersion breakage was the most persistent annoyance for me.

The only other largish problem I had won't be relevant until the reboot catches up. (namely how the character development of a certain girl I was most excited for happened entirely off-screen)

cabd

Feb 16, 2020
So we're back to the point at which the builders guild subplot begins.

I mean I actually think the "new" entry ramp for Ferry and Makoto's plots is an improvement.

I do think that it might have been a good idea to have a way to access the legacy scenes in the new version, accessed from the PC or something.

Having Estelle have a twitter account is amusing as heck, there's a LOT you can do with that if you try.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
what's the save location? i want to delete saves form appdata so i can restart from the beginning
There are always 2 saves locations:
1st: inside the folder of the game. Its notmally TITLE/game/saves
2nd: C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\RenPy replacing "USER" with whatever you nnamed your own user.

This in windows though. I have no idea how it works on mac or anywhere else.

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
Im so disappointed, I had to get a new computer recently so either way I would have to do the grindfest. I liked this game but the reboot doesn't work in my book, I was looking forward to further events not starting over and not reaching previous achievements. If he was starting over he could have added more events with mom and sis or given more options at each of the few choices you do have..... now its going to be another 6 months before I try it again just to make sure there is some content worth spending time on.

2.80 star(s) 51 Votes