Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Well, I just completed the game once over after letting it sit from the rework... Honestly, color me surprised.
I went into this expecting nothing. I had a whole bunch of smaller (and not so smaller) niggles that kept me from enjoying the game much in the first place, yet I wanted to see where it went, but less out of investment and more out of morbid curiosity. I'm genuinely surprised by the amount of effort to improve on display. The game is not even recognizable by now so much has changed.

What I'm gonna write up ahead sounds probably part-time review, part-time critique mixed with my own thoughts into it. It wouldn't exactly fit into the review section of the game this way, but hey, I might as well give out my two cents:
First up, the production value seems to have gone up quite a bit across the board. It's not like before the remake, where early scenes were comparatively small and choppy, now everything at the very least is up to the same standard. It was always a bit jarring to see the gradual increase in quality throughout the updates. But that's just a minor sidebit that I'm personally finding off-putting.
What I felt improved by a landslide is the whole writing - as well as everything surrounding that topic. While to some that might not sound like a high bar to break, believe me when I say that I genuinely want to see where this goes next, but this time out of investment. Since what I have to say about the writing is going to be quite the mouthful, that's spoilered, read at your own risk.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

When it comes to gameplay, it also improved substantially when compared to it's previous iteration.
The grind has been cut down massively. Previously it was not uncommon that you had to grind for not just several days, but over a week or even more of ingame time to simply gain the required money, while affection was rarely ever a bottleneck - though to be fair, the costs grew basically massive in the latter half of where we left the old version (which is where we are now headed), so I hope it'll be kept sensible. I'm not a stranger to grind in games. If there is no interaction from the player side, you might as well be looking at a fancy gallery and that is it. There needs to be some input for it to be even called a game, but the problem we had prior was the Ratio between grind and payoff, which was massively skewed towards the former. On that note, I've read on the recent pages that some complain about the grind, not having played the previous version and believe me, this feels like a day full of relaxation in comparision to what we had previously...
For some characters, spending time and making money has now just been combined into a single action, earning you money and affection (and I reckon Serena might get the same treatment) and you now also have a way to earn some cash on the side. Not to mention it is all tutorialized to boot so absolutely no one has any reason to get lost alongside the trip. This shows massive improvements at every corner. I personally enjoyed the traversible sandbox bit, but am saddened to see it being confined to only the house, park and streets and having to fall back onto a map selection shortly thereafter. Having both as options would be a nice touch. Especially since characters can show up in certain locations at specific times, making it feel a bit more alive. Not to mention it could open up the possibility of having specific scenes tied to locations. At the very least, the sandbox is only as big as it needs to be at any given time, which is a nice plus. It's not like in other games, where it's a vast nothingness.

While I would've given the game a whole lot of shit for it's massive blunders (and still did in some of the sections tackling the old pre-rework thing), I can confidently say that I'll be keeping a watch here. And even though the game is by no means perfect, there's been a massive drive to improve where necessary, so credit where it's due, this has actually seen some real improvements.

Last edited:

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
The above is accurate, but i'll throw in my two cents :)

I was at least a release or two behind (played for about an hour from my last save), but:

1) It's still grindy, although somewhat less so and frankly the grind complaints should really just go away mostly at this point IMO. The ratio is reasonable. Even so. Similar to before CTRL is your friend for dealing with that if it bugs you.
2) 4th wall breaks I just disagree with, while the quantity is ok in a once-per-update sort of way, it (still) feels like too many if you play through several updates at once. I would recommend reducing the quantity a bit more.
3) The Waifu tax is pretty much as initially indicated - not major compared to your money making potential. But it isn't a great mechanic to begin with. Grinding flowers just to pay it out weekly in Waifu tax is meh. Not a fan of that.
5) Graphics are fine.

Overall - Still a lot of ground to cover to get where the story was before, but it is definitely coming along and we are seeing divergences from the original story. The last sequence was entirely new so even if you are a previous player there's 'new' story now to see along the way.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent: ( ) ❤
- get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
JYPGames

Just wanted to say, I am quite happy with the rework. Everything feels like it has better flow.

I also like how there was a little more focus on the two at home.

The introduction of gifts is also a welcome addition.

And the flowers..... they are a godsend ngl XD

Reactions: mrttao

Stygian90

Jun 14, 2017
I've seen some comments regarding slow speeds while downloading from anonfiles ,etc .. would highly recommend "Internet download manager ". It sped things up for me .

TearTear

Jun 29, 2021
Am I the only one experiencing crashes in playing Android?

What's the required spec to play this game on Android?

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
compressed: - - - -

DrWho8248

May 7, 2020
Version: 0.2.5
How moch Fap-Fap material right now? Should i play it or better waiting more updates?
Scarlet Law allows wealthy patrons from faraway lands to purchase and buy women within the country.
What about the non-foreign rich? And their own rich what, can't buy them? 0_0
Buy the girls and be the hero of the story...
Funny, why is he better than them then? If as a result, we will **** them anyway? ))))

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: preskerd

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent: ( ) ❤
You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !
Join for requests/support and get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

Problems with a torrent? Check our , and if you still need help let me know here!
Please do not derail the game-thread!

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
Oh boy, another update with one quest. JYP is trying to out boring that dude making Another Chance

Reactions: stewscotia

ShadowFireBFG

Sep 10, 2020
Well, I just completed the game once over after letting it sit from the rework... Honestly, color me surprised.
I went into this expecting nothing. I had a whole bunch of smaller (and not so smaller) niggles that kept me from enjoying the game much in the first place, yet I wanted to see where it went, but less out of investment and more out of morbid curiosity. I'm genuinely surprised by the amount of effort to improve on display. The game is not even recognizable by now so much has changed.

What I'm gonna write up ahead sounds probably part-time review, part-time critique mixed with my own thoughts into it. It wouldn't exactly fit into the review section of the game this way, but hey, I might as well give out my two cents:
First up, the production value seems to have gone up quite a bit across the board. It's not like before the remake, where early scenes were comparatively small and choppy, now everything at the very least is up to the same standard. It was always a bit jarring to see the gradual increase in quality throughout the updates. But that's just a minor sidebit that I'm personally finding off-putting.
What I felt improved by a landslide is the whole writing - as well as everything surrounding that topic. While to some that might not sound like a high bar to break, believe me when I say that I genuinely want to see where this goes next, but this time out of investment. Since what I have to say about the writing is going to be quite the mouthful, that's spoilered, read at your own risk.

When it comes to gameplay, it also improved substantially when compared to it's previous iteration.
The grind has been cut down massively. Previously it was not uncommon that you had to grind for not just several days, but over a week or even more of ingame time to simply gain the required money, while affection was rarely ever a bottleneck - though to be fair, the costs grew basically massive in the latter half of where we left the old version (which is where we are now headed), so I hope it'll be kept sensible. I'm not a stranger to grind in games. If there is no interaction from the player side, you might as well be looking at a fancy gallery and that is it. There needs to be some input for it to be even called a game, but the problem we had prior was the Ratio between grind and payoff, which was massively skewed towards the former. On that note, I've read on the recent pages that some complain about the grind, not having played the previous version and believe me, this feels like a day full of relaxation in comparision to what we had previously...
For some characters, spending time and making money has now just been combined into a single action, earning you money and affection (and I reckon Serena might get the same treatment) and you now also have a way to earn some cash on the side. Not to mention it is all tutorialized to boot so absolutely no one has any reason to get lost alongside the trip. This shows massive improvements at every corner. I personally enjoyed the traversible sandbox bit, but am saddened to see it being confined to only the house, park and streets and having to fall back onto a map selection shortly thereafter. Having both as options would be a nice touch. Especially since characters can show up in certain locations at specific times, making it feel a bit more alive. Not to mention it could open up the possibility of having specific scenes tied to locations. At the very least, the sandbox is only as big as it needs to be at any given time, which is a nice plus. It's not like in other games, where it's a vast nothingness.

While I would've given the game a whole lot of shit for it's massive blunders (and still did in some of the sections tackling the old pre-rework thing), I can confidently say that I'll be keeping a watch here. And even though the game is by no means perfect, there's been a massive drive to improve where necessary, so credit where it's due, this has actually seen some real improvements.
as someone who played the pre rework the grind is way more in the redo, you dont passively generate more money than you can spend after investing less time in properties than it took to progress a character, although i did play starting from the initial release, the per character grind was longer but the money grind was virtually nonexistent once you got properties rolling, buy contract and before you gain 10 affection without working passively you gained more than you spent sometimes double or triple what you spent, after maxing the properties money being solid 9s was a common occurrence, after being used to that the paltry money gain from the flowers is a complete downgrade.

I know i gave the game shit for being remade but 100% the only thing that actually needed improvement, and got improved, was improved character progress time. Multiple things that needed left unchanged or slightly tweaked were completely made worse

i came to this conclusion after playing both versions one after another on fresh files out of curiosity, now it will be like 666 updates at this pace before a meaningful ammount of content is added

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
man, I was actually about to download this... I can't imagine how slow the magilou arc is gonna be if he's putting out 1 scene per update.

Boopeeman

Jun 14, 2020
Played this game a long time ago and it seems to have made me restarted with a significant chunk of cash. The only problem is that I can't seem to buy Estelle's contract. Just only have the option of working and most characters have their affections maxed out.

bloopy132231

May 2, 2021
Played this game a long time ago and it seems to have made me restarted with a significant chunk of cash. The only problem is that I can't seem to buy Estelle's contract. Just only have the option of working and most characters have their affections maxed out.
U need to go to Laureate with a lot of money.. don't wait it out.. you'll definitely lose

2.80 star(s) 51 Votes