Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
The issue with that is saves may not exactly work from version to version for first 2 builds. Plus theres the issue of lazy people not downloading the save then bitching and moaning. I know alot of people here are smart normal folk. But there alot of brain dead pervets out there
If the full download of the game came with slot 1 as a previous save game (especially if you could label them to make it obvious) you have the option of overwriting it or using it. With the next update you'd have to include a new saved game if there was incompatibilities. It would only have to be done for a few times to ease people in and if they've skipped too many updates then that's their problem...

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Actually unity does not have a save limit. With some tweaks and a few lines of code you can have thousands of saves. Only issue is over 200 used save slots can cause lag if people have potato computers. As engine takes time to read them before loading
But i had no idea that it is the case, i just play a game and see it has 3 saves with unity. Just as is the case with walkthroughs, where i prefer a game to be playable without being frustrating if not using outside guide, i'd expect a game to offer me enough save slots without the need of external tweaking.. that would be nice. I still don't know how to add more saves to Unity :(

Reactions: Kara Zor-El

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
If slot 1 came with a previous save game (especially if you could label them to make it obvious) you have the option of overwriting it or using it. With the next update you'd have to include a new saved game if there was incompatibilities. It would only have to be done for a few times to ease people in and if they've skipped too many updates then that's their problem...
I see your point. But i sadly advise all devs to use appdata for saves. I suppose he could bundle a save with the archive with instructions on how to use it. Will pas that on may actually be simpler

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
But i had no idea that it is the case, i just play a game and see it has 3 saves with unity. Just as is the case with walkthroughs, where i prefer a game to be playable without being frustrating if not using outside guide, i'd expect a game to offer me enough save slots without the need of external tweaking.. that would be nice. I still don't know how to add more saves to Unity :(
Unity is a pain for adding more save slots. The easiest and quickest way to add more save slots is to aquire plug ins for that very purpose

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I am the complete opposite. I prefer saves in appdata so updates instantly show save games. I advise all devs i worl with to use appdata as it saves time when people play updates
The worst solution is when you have two folder. I don't care if its in the Appdata OR in the game's directory as long as we have them at a single place. Yet for some reason it seems like games with Ren'Py all have dual save folders...

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
The worst solution is when you have two folder. I don't care if its in the Appdata OR in the game's directory as long as we have them at a single place. Yet for some reason it seems like games with Ren'Py all have dual save folders...
Renpy dual folders is a result of lazy coding. You amy notice taking saves from the game folder and placing it in app data crashes you game upon load this is because when a renpy game has dual folders the game folder saves alot of the time only contain variables and miss out alot of the switches

Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
I see your point. But i sadly advise all devs to use appdata for saves. I suppose he could bundle a save with the archive with instructions on how to use it. Will pas that on may actually be simpler
Well, even if you were to keep the appdata for saves (which I also approve of, btw!) include a saved game with a text file explaining what it is, why, and where to stick put it. This could be in the first release with the new engine (Unity or whatever if that changes...), kind of an apology for the change of game engine, but won't come with future editions (if they're regular players it's a reward for sticking with it - if they're not then they don't need it!). Same solution if there was even an update that had incompatible saved games!

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
Well, even if you were to keep the appdata for saves (which I also approve of, btw!) include a saved game with a text file explaining what it is, why, and where to stick put it. This could be in the first release with the new engine (Unity or whatever if that changes...), kind of an apology for the change of game engine, but won't come with future editions (if they're regular players it's a reward for sticking with it - if they're not then they don't need it!). Same solution if there was even an update that had incompatible saved games!
Damn man i like you. Will pass that on. Hope you dont mind but i have written your name down. You may be useful for ideas for the many devs i work with when we all suffer idea blocks. Might pick your brain in the future

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
Sorry i can't find the new content below.

- You can spy at the gym locker.
Yes it's possible. But i can't talk to Mimi
- New event with Mimi leading to kinky stuff at the gym.
Which event? How can i get this event?
- You can invite Lily, Mayo and Iris at the gym and choose if you want to exercise or relax.
I can't invite them? On the phone?

Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
Damn man i like you. Will pass that on. Hope you dont mind but i have written your name down. You may be useful for ideas for the many devs i work with when we all suffer idea blocks. Might pick your brain in the future
I don't mind in the slightest. I've had a tiny amount of input with a few novels written by my friends and it's always a thrill to know I found that error in their copy or suggest this method to kill off a character - even if I don't get a credit it's nice to know I helped ;) (OK, I admit I'm now nervous about letting them read my first draft in case they get their own back on me.....:evilsmile:)

Reactions: Kara Zor-El

Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
Sorry i can't find the new content below.

- You can spy at the gym locker.
Yes it's possible. But i can't talk to Mimi

Her training schedule is Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Speak to her when she’s running on the treadmill.
- New event with Mimi leading to kinky stuff at the gym.
Which event? How can i get this event?

See above, you have to work at it (see the Players Guide for more info)
- You can invite Lily, Mayo and Iris at the gym and choose if you want to exercise or relax.
I can't invite them? On the phone?
You have to have your relationship with them at the right point and, yes, then phone them for a date. See Players Guide for more info

3.40 star(s) 62 Votes