Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
I know it take time and all to change over to unity, but must admit, little disappointed looking at this. would have thought it be out soon, but looks like there still a lot to do.
It might not be too much work - we don't really know exactly what the "new calendar system" nor the "new lesson system" will involve. Also "changing how the bar works" might not be too complicated either.... it is possible there's not much involved on those three and the main work will consist of "adding new activities at school" (which, possibly, he might skip until the next update depending on what it is and how it fits in with the new game). Or maybe you're right and there's a hideous amount of work left to do....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
I'd be a lot more disappointed if he wasnt charging per release.
Luckily @Walkius has been pretty decent with the way he's approaching this and all previous releases - there are a lot out there who are just in it for a quick buck (and he could quite easily have released this update already, without any new material, if he was that way inclined!). However, on saying that, I doubt he'd have got away with charging per month and taking this long without any updates - those Patreons would soon disappear!!!

roland

Jul 1, 2017
hmmm
Eric inc ?

Preview 1.0 - Gym lesson
Oct 1 at 5:20am
During gym lesson, you'll perform different sport with your class. Each lesson will bring different events.
You can meet the nurse by being hurt, you can spy Seth and Vicky doing... You can spy girls in lockers or even start sex in the storage room.

After a lesson, you'll unlock one or several activities during the afternoon. ;)

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
It might not be too much work - we don't really know exactly what the "new calendar system" nor the "new lesson system" will involve. Also "changing how the bar works" might not be too complicated either.... it is possible there's not much involved on those three and the main work will consist of "adding new activities at school" (which, possibly, he might skip until the next update depending on what it is and how it fits in with the new game). Or maybe you're right and there's a hideous amount of work left to do....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
am aware we don't know what exactly been done and what is to be done, which is why I said am a "little disappointed", emphasis on little, I get "it" but can't deny that I really expecting a new release this month, especially since October was shown on his patreon page by someone.

Luckily @Walkius has been pretty decent with the way he's approaching this and all previous releases - there are a lot out there who are just in it for a quick buck (and he could quite easily have released this update already, without any new material, if he was that way inclined!). However, on saying that, I doubt he'd have got away with charging per month and taking this long without any updates - those Patreons would soon disappear!!!
This is another reason why I bring it up, people only have so much patience, I have defended the time since last update myself, which has been easy to do due to obvious logic, but the longer this goes on, the more harder it becomes to logically defend game, and more chance he lose patreons.

he really needs to get a new update out this month, even if it means he has to cut back on what he wanted to release in this update to do so. At least in my opinion anyway, there still be a few that still play it no matter when it comes out, but the longer he goes, the more risk he at of losing people.

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
He may lose some impatient patrons because of delay, but if he makes the update really good, he'll get new ones. And the better it will be, the more people will be willing to support it. Even if new version took several months more, it's not like by then the game would be terribly outdated or anything, or there would be too many other awesome games to play that people would not have time for this one. Take the time, make it good.

DanMachiFan

Jan 22, 2018
he really needs to get a new update out this month, even if it means he has to cut back on what he wanted to release in this update to do so.
This is the only thing you wrote with which I don't agree.
I can't imagine that, after all this wait, he wants delivers something incomplete, not tested with everything he wants to add in the game. If problems arise, at that point he will loose much more support. On the contrary, even if he delivers with delay a game very well ported and improved, I'm pretty sure he'll benefit from it.

Reactions: Angus Bez

Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
He may lose some impatient patrons because of delay, but if he makes the update really good, he'll get new ones. And the better it will be, the more people will be willing to support it. Even if new version took several months more, it's not like by then the game would be terribly outdated or anything, or there would be too many other awesome games to play that people would not have time for this one. Take the time, make it good.
The trend tends to be he loses a handful of Patrons when he's a bit quiet posting (not an issue for him as he's not putting out an update so it's no lost revenue!). Those tend to come back when there's a few updates and teasers put up (at this moment in time it's down to 162 so expect it to start rising a few any day now). No big loses yet but he's going to have to keep a nice balance over the next few weeks and make sure there's some big teasers in the run up to the release at the end of October (unless he changes that date again!)

Reactions: DanMachiFan

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
This is the only thing you wrote with which I don't agree.
I can't imagine that, after all this wait, he wants delivers something incomplete, not tested with everything he wants to add in the game. If problems arise, at that point he will loose much more support. On the contrary, even if he delivers with delay a game very well ported and improved, I'm pretty sure he'll benefit from it.
don't see how you can agree with everything else I wrote and not agree with this part, after all, everything I wrote is pretty much about potentially no update in October and needing to do so.

am not saying deliver something incomplete, am saying deliver something that is complete but less new than initially planned.

after all, the fact he changing game over to unity is new in itself, as it maybe play differently to ren'py, and we can see the subtle differences, least I presume so.

its shaping up to be a big massive update next time, but I just don't want to see Walkius work go to waste, hence am concerned about impact of not releasing a update in October, maybe he will and can finish everything on list this month.

am just saying if not finish it all this month, then maybe its time to cut back on plans for new content, to deliver something that still complete this month.

personally, I be disappointed if no update this month, but still play it whenever it comes out.

Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
hey guys, can i know nate max skill is how many? im new of slf, thanks ya
The skills go up to 150 max but you only need around 20, more than that and there's really no advantage. I gave recommendations for each in the Unofficial Guide (link on first page) so you don't waste time running them higher than necessary and are, as suggested by @Kara Zor-El:

Computer = 20
Stealth = 16
Massage = 14
Persuade = 27
Sport = 5
Intelligence = 14

DanMachiFan

Jan 22, 2018
don't see how you can agree with everything else I wrote and not agree with this part, after all, everything I wrote is pretty much about potentially no update in October and needing to do so.
Sorry, I realized that in my previous post I'd quoted more text than necessary.
I was only referring to the part where you said to cut some changes for the reasons I explained.
Maybe you're right (I hope you're right!) and the new version can be released this month even without all the changes that he has in mind, or maybe the new version will be released this month including already all the changes.
At the moment we can only make assumptions.. and wait "patiently"...

GantzBlckBall

Sep 28, 2018
The skills go up to 150 max but you only need around 20, more than that and there's really no advantage. I gave recommendations for each in the Unofficial Guide (link on first page) so you don't waste time running them higher than necessary and are, as suggested by @Kara Zor-El:

Computer = 20
Stealth = 16
Massage = 14
Persuade = 27
Sport = 5
Intelligence = 14
thanks dude

Reactions: Angus Bez

apariciodof

Feb 1, 2018
I don't remember if that has been posted before

School, Love & Friends
Before paying, test the free demo to be sure the game works on your computer!!!

Version 0.9 : (free demo)
Version 0.10.1 : (5$ patrons)
Version 1.0 : end october

Bird1019

Dec 9, 2017
Weird. I last downloaded the game when the update came out (April, right?) and last opened the game in July. Apparently I can't open it now, though. Everything else works fine on my laptop. But when I try to open slf, it just sits idle and makes my laptop insanely laggy. I've sat there for 45 mins waiting for it to pop up, but instead it just sat there loading and the pc kept freezing. But, gonna try to redownload it I guess?

DanMachiFan

Jan 22, 2018

Preview 1.0 - Spy after gym lesson
$10+ patrons
Oct 6 at 2:34am
You're not the only one to like fucking every time, everywhere! ;)
Splendid... I don't even want to think about how many nonsensical NTR discussions we'll see in this thread about this scene... but I bet someone is jumping for joy right now, right KZ-E ?? :closedeyesmile:

PS: Thanks, bobbo! :)

3.40 star(s) 62 Votes