Bird1019

Dec 9, 2017
Legit thinking which character I want more story of, I can't choose just 1. Or even 2, or 3. More so, I simply can't think of a female I don't want to explore more of. Maybe our bar coworker (Been a minute since I've played the game)... I liked her but got bored of her after the first few scenes. Other than that, I can probably make a compelling argument for every other girl in the game as to why I NEED more. In conclusion - I WANT GAME NAOW. Lol

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
It might not be too much work - we don't really know exactly what the "new calendar system" nor the "new lesson system" will involve. Also "changing how the bar works" might not be too complicated either.... it is possible there's not much involved on those three and the main work will consist of "adding new activities at school" (which, possibly, he might skip until the next update depending on what it is and how it fits in with the new game). Or maybe you're right and there's a hideous amount of work left to do....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
We're going on 6 months now. The new lesson system and new activities will both have new content. I'd rather he pick one, do it, then release it, saving the other for the following update.

Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
We're going on 6 months now. The new lesson system and new activities will both have new content. I'd rather he pick one, do it, then release it, saving the other for the following update.
Well, the new lesson system has to be done - it would be pointless writing the code to duplicate the old system and then rewriting it for the next update. New activities could have some included with others held over for future update(s). I'm already on record saying I think he's probably done enough new content to satisfy Patreons and could, possibly, cut a few corners to get it out quicker without sacrificing game play at all.

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017

Preview 1.0 - Spy after gym lesson
$10+ patrons
Oct 6 at 2:34am
You're not the only one to like fucking every time, everywhere! ;)
Oh god. So those characters were established as dating each other literally in the first release a year ago. I can't wait for people to start NTR arguments and give me an excuse to thread ban them.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
that is a much simpler and direct way of saying what I was trying to say in my last few posts lol well done

I agree, if Walkius needs to, then he should just pick 1 and release, move the other to next update, we already getting a lot of new without one of them being added.

Reactions: Centurion

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
Update 30/09

- Improving quality of old renders (100%)
- Rewriting the entirely game in Unity (100%)
- Changing some existing events (100%)
- Adding new events (100%)

- Adding the new calendar system (40%)
- Adding the new lesson system (15%)
- Adding new activities at school (0%)
- Changing how works the bar (0%)
Update 07/10

- Adding the new lesson system (25%)

DanMachiFan

Jan 22, 2018
Update 07/10

Thanks for the post. I must say that comparing it with the previous one is not very encouraging...

Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
Update 07/10

Erk, so that was 10% in around a week.... it might not be all that relative but it's starting to look like even thinking a release this month is out as well....

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
uh oh this does not look good, he needs to drop the new and release soon. I still play if it released next month or in December.

Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
Yeah he can hold off on lesson system only because he's on a new engine. He should release what he got now so people can test it and he can optimize and change it. I don't want another "Oni" even though this dude knows how to program. lol

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
Seems to me he was too excited to add new events. He should have changed up that list, putting the lesson and calendar system before adding new events.

Reactions: DanMachiFan

DanMachiFan

Jan 22, 2018
He should have changed up that list, putting the lesson and calendar system before adding new events.
I wrote something very similar before this summer. I agree with you but, in all honesty, I would have done the same thing in his place, creating something new while changing engine so as not to get bored to death. :D

Reactions: Angus Bez

Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
Seems to me he was too excited to add new events. He should have changed up that list, putting the lesson and calendar system before adding new events.
No. As I've stated previously he needs to add new content to keep the Patreons happy - after all they are paying for each new release and are unlikely to be happy "paying a second time" for pretty much the same game just run slightly differently in a new engine. There needs to a certain amount of new material (and only @Walkius probably knows how much he's prepared to add as a minimum) or he'll start pissing off the ones prepared to help fund the project. Yeah, he's losing Patreons at the moment because they're getting impatient - but those he'll be able to woo back once he's on track again.... if he'd lost them because they'd felt ripped off without any new content they'd be lost for good....

Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
update 09/10 => skip from 0% to 100% on new school activities ;)
Thanks for the update - not checked the Patreon site for a few days now. Big jump for two days but it depends how much he's added.... we know there's that spying scene in the locker room as we've seen the preview pic but I hope that's not the only one! I suspect he forgot to change "Adding new activities at school (0%)" on the 7th as we all thought he'd not made enough progress at the time!

Reactions: Centurion

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
Menieth already mentioned it but posting the whole thing for completeness sake

Update 07/10

Update 09/10

- Adding new activities at school (100%)

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
wow that is a big jump and promising news, thanks for the updates.

Actually thinking about it, each task will take time to setup things needed for the new feature, like preparation work before you actually do the coding of the feature. I seen this on any coding project I done, usually slow process to begin with, then boom, it quickly comes together.

3.40 star(s) 62 Votes