Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
I'm really ignorant on the subject, so tell me if I'm wrong, but am I the only one to be puzzled after reading this statement?
Couldn't he have been able to test this thing a little earlier?
I was thinking the same. Wouldn't he have had to run sections along the way to make sure they were working the way he wanted? Certainly should have run the game a few times over the last five months or so otherwise he could've wasted the whole time programming a game in a new engine that wasn't up to the task.... :(

Reactions: DanMachiFan

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
I'm really ignorant on the subject, so tell me if I'm wrong, but am I the only one to be puzzled after reading this statement?
Couldn't he have been able to test this thing a little earlier?
I was thinking the same. Wouldn't he have had to run sections along the way to make sure they were working the way he wanted? Certainly should have run the game a few times over the last five months or so otherwise he could've wasted the whole time programming a game in a new engine that wasn't up to the task.... :(
what you both say is true, he most likely did test along the way but he possible means how the finished game will run.

Considering the last few items moved to 100% completion pretty fast, he may not have done any real testing on them, and he only covering himself encase there is bugs.

I do that with programming, say not 100% sure how it work , even though I pretty certain it should work , but until you actually see it finished and working you never really know for sure.

however, am just guessing this is what happened, got no real clue.

Reactions: DanMachiFan

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
For completeness sake

Update 20/10

- Improving quality of old renders (100%)
- Rewriting the entirely game in Unity (100%)
- Changing some existing events (100%)
- Adding new events (100%)
- Adding new activities at school (100%)
- Changing how works the bar (100%)
- Adding the new calendar system (100%)
- Adding the new lesson system (100%)
- Add the beginning of Nerds Route (100%)

- Some small adjustments (0%)
- Testing the game (0%)
Update 22/10

- Improving quality of old renders (100%)
- Rewriting the entirely game in Unity (100%)
- Changing some existing events (100%)
- Adding new events (100%)
- Adding new activities at school (100%)
- Changing how works the bar (100%)
- Adding the new calendar system (100%)
- Adding the new lesson system (100%)
- Add the beginning of Nerds Route (100%)
- Some small adjustments (100%)

- Testing the game (0%)

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Idk whether I want to play through the full game again before the release or not
I would wait since you have to start over anyway with the new engine....no point playing something that will be useless, unless ofcourse, you haven't tried the game yet and want to see what its like.

Reactions: Notretsam

Bird1019

Dec 9, 2017
I would wait since you have to start over anyway with the new engine....no point playing something that will be useless, unless ofcourse, you haven't tried the game yet and want to see what its like.
Yeah, I was thinking about just waiting. It's been a few months since I've gone through the game.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, I was thinking about just waiting. It's been a few months since I've gone through the game.
I agree with marktrump, just wait until new version is coming out, sometimes I thought about playing through game again but kept putting it off as knew I need to play through full game with new release.

Reactions: Bird1019

Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
Idk whether I want to play through the full game again before the release or not
If it's been a few months since you've last played the game and you're the sort of person with a poor memory ( :HeyGuys: ) and you think you're going to be curious as to how different the two versions are going to be then go for it. But, if you don't have any interest in seeing how different the Unity version will be then don't bother - with the changes it may well be like playing a new game (especially if you're one of those people with a bad memory :HeyGuys:)

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
I stopped supporting him when he got into the endless bitchfest. Then all of a sudden he stopped development of the game to remake it on unity while still taking peoples money. My stance on something like stopping to change engines out while not updating what you have is something you need to do on your own time and dime. That why we always have two games we are making at the same time so if one needs work we can still update the other and work on the other in the background.

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
I stopped supporting him when he got into the endless bitchfest. Then all of a sudden he stopped development of the game to remake it on unity while still taking peoples money. My stance on something like stopping to change engines out while not updating what you have is something you need to do on your own time and dime. That why we always have two games we are making at the same time so if one needs work we can still update the other and work on the other in the background.
He charges per release my dude.

Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
As @Retro pointed out, @Walkius is charging per game release so he has had no money paid to him during the time he's been converting to Unity. To his credit he could have released several barely completed releases over the last few months if he was out to rip-off people but he didn't - he waited until the whole game was converted and had plenty of new content to keep the Patreons happy....

3.40 star(s) 62 Votes