iolkj

Nov 30, 2019
I really don't get all this negativity. I, too, like this game, and I look forward to it being continued. It is not abandoned, Walkius has repeatedly made clear that he will continue with it, just now he again repeated in a patreon comment that he is still working on it. Just give him some more time. The last update has been just a few months ago and in this time, MLF already has come a long way. Yes, it is not nearly where SLF was, but it is progressing rapidly and it gives Walkius a chance to experiment with new things. I for one love the new possibilty to always have the current objective of the quest you're working on shown. And it has way less mindless grinding than SLF has. So I see this as a way for new features to be developed that will eventually make their way into SLF once they are mature. And if you don't like MLF now, give it some more time. The last version already showed that in the future, we will be able to play not only as Martin (which I get that some don't like, though it is way more fun than I originally thought), but also as Nate again. There may be way more to come, we have seen just two initial updates, the third about to arrive these days.

Firecracker001

Donor
Jan 2, 2018
I really don't get all this negativity. I, too, like this game, and I look forward to it being continued. It is not abandoned, Walkius has repeatedly made clear that he will continue with it, just now he again repeated in a patreon comment that he is still working on it. Just give him some more time. The last update has been just a few months ago and in this time, MLF already has come a long way. Yes, it is not nearly where SLF was, but it is progressing rapidly and it gives Walkius a chance to experiment with new things. I for one love the new possibilty to always have the current objective of the quest you're working on shown. And it has way less mindless grinding than SLF has. So I see this as a way for new features to be developed that will eventually make their way into SLF once they are mature. And if you don't like MLF now, give it some more time. The last version already showed that in the future, we will be able to play not only as Martin (which I get that some don't like, though it is way more fun than I originally thought), but also as Nate again. There may be way more to come, we have seen just two initial updates, the third about to arrive these days.
He can have as much time as he wants ... but not my money! Are you buying things you don't want? I do not think so. It's no fun waiting for updates for months. So I don't pay a cent. Money doesn't grow on the trees :cool: (y)

Reactions: EZ8lt

iolkj

Nov 30, 2019
You're free to support whatever you want. I just don't get that everyone is 'Oh no, he abandoned a great game just to work on a garbage one', while in reality, there is no reason not to trust him that there will be more updates to SLF and that MLF might not be your preference for now, but it just started, continues to improve and is a great way to try new features that will improve SLF, too.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Well, I didn't cancel my patronage outright, but I reduced it to being just a placekeeper until I hear about SLF or get more interested in MLF. I figure my money is best served with developers working on games I find more interesting.

iolkj

Nov 30, 2019

See, there is progress on SLF, he's been working on it secretly for two months now and while it will be some more time for the next release, I would expect that to be quite a huge one, bringing lots of MLF's features to it and probably more.

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018

See, there is progress on SLF, he's been working on it secretly for two months now and while it will be some more time for the next release, I would expect that to be quite a huge one, bringing lots of MLF's features to it and probably more.
Nice! While I did enjoy MLF, it would be nice to see progress, here too.

rangaru

Jun 25, 2017
Game is great and I feel cockblocked by Walkius with Charlotte bc of hiatus. But if he needs break from the game it's perfectly justified. Developing a game is creative process and author should try to avoid burnout. It's not like he is milking people, so there is no reason to bash him.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I can understand part of the challenge. Walkius just started experimenting with animated loops in the last few updates. Ideally, to continue with SLF, he would need to update a lot of scenes. Perhaps this is one reason to start from scratch with a game with loops from the beginning.

That said, his choice of Martin as the main protagonist was a controversial one. Seen as the NTR nemesis in the original game, it's hard for many to feel any connection to him. Perhaps to many, abandoning Nate's story (however temporarily) to focus on Martin feels to be a betrayal. Perhaps not as bad a creating an story centered on Eric (Big Brother), or Robert and Mr. Silver (Babysitter)--they are, IMHO worse predators than Martin.

That's my take on the backlash.

I'm glad he's paying attention to the patrons. I'll keep an eye on the progress, and when the time comes, I'll probably upgrade my patron level.

Reactions: redknight1

gilma

Jun 27, 2017
I finished all the events upto inviting to beach . This game is good . Wish beach wasnt buggy for me.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Does anyone gets white screen after clicking beach ? Is there any solution or patch to avoid that?
No, but I get a white screen when Ako visits in the evening (after completing the quest the first time).

Mar 5, 2020
Is it still stopped?
The dev posted on his Patreon on May 27. that he started working on version 2.0 stating that he took a break from this game (possibly running out of ideas).

Any idea what is his native language btw? I see so many grammar mistakes or missing words in the game that it is sometimes painful to read.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Find Martin flash drive when he massages Mother / landlady. In his backpack in the room where he massages her.
Originally, the game was School, Love, & Cousins. The woman was his aunt, not his mother. Now that he's on SubscribeStar, I wonder if he'll issue an incest enabled version again. It would make sense why Alice wants to keep things secret. Also, sharing a bed with your "childhood friend," doesn't make much sense.

capitanqueso

Jul 6, 2019
Of course it had to be under unity engine, just my luck, what a waste of resources, renpy could easily be perfect to play this game but nooo, "lets use an engine that eats 100% of the resources of the poor guy's computer, he has no money to buy a decent computer means he can't pay a subscription for patreon anyways, he's saving to buy a new computer!" (?
que parte no se entiende.jpg

3.40 star(s) 62 Votes