Pyjak Slayer

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
The fact that he is making nearly $600 a month, and hasn't had the decency of getting someone to correct his god-awful grammar/spelling, really speaks volumes of the type of dev he is.

Hell, I'd do it for free.

Last edited:

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Uncouth savages probably don't double space after a period as well! :eek:
I know, I've given up on that fight. There is only so much energy I can spend trying to teach the grammar I learned in middle school. What do they teach the kids these days?
I was curious so I looked this up. Apparently they're teaching kids to follow the rules of the Modern Language Association, which is to use one space after a period. Who knew?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

yxdreamsxy

Donor
Jun 11, 2017
The fact that he is making nearly $600 a month, and hasn't had the decency of getting someone to correct is god-awful grammar/spelling, really speaks volumes of the type of dev he is.

Hell, I'd do it for free.
LOL, If you have follow this development for some time, you would know that the guy just make a big 'ignorant' mistake recently. Not even a week ago, he had over $ 1k per months ($ 1200 at one point if I'm not mistaken). The guy was basically on the right track. His project starting to attract a lot of interest. It was just a matter of time until his works become popular, the more contents the more people going to pledge. Sadly, this happened. :teary::teary:

Check out his post & the responds on patreon.

Look like, He has more important thing to worry than correct his grammar/ proper English at the moment. Anyway, I hope he can get everything back together and perhaps learn from this incident. I wish all the best to him :firstimekiss::firstimekiss:.

Last edited:

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Sadly, his childish behaviour makes me think he won't be able to finish this game. He's changed his payment to per update option which will make him lose even more money and he'll be more frustrated over time. I suppose he doesn't know what pay upfront option is or is unable to wait for it. Hope, I'm wrong but I just don't see it

Reactions: Pyjak Slayer

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Yep.

Zero chance he doesn't pull a "screw you guys I'M GOING HOME" by the end of the month I'd say.

Shame because it is a pretty good game despite it being wholly unoriginal.

Reactions: Pyjak Slayer

yxdreamsxy

Donor
Jun 11, 2017
Sadly, his childish behaviour makes me think he won't be able to finish this game. He's changed his payment to per update option which will make him lose even more money and he'll be more frustrated over time. I suppose he doesn't know what pay upfront option is or is unable to wait for it. Hope, I'm wrong but I just don't see it
Yep, I highly dislike this 'payment to per creation' option that he chose. I agree that this going to make him loose even more pledge (money). I think best option for him is to change payment option to 'pay up front' at the beginning of each month.

I think this 'payment to per creation' is only worth it, if the developer decide to release big update each time (with tons of new contents) or actually release each small individual completed projects (kind of like selling the finish products). In his case, I doubt that he going to do anything like that. I think what he really need is go back to monthly charge and get stable income, even if it not as much as he used to have.

P.S I think the problem he has and what he really try to do is to battle with the "leaked version". But isn't this step that he takes will backfired his intention? and really make people loose interest to support him; And actually go for the "leak version" whenever there is a new update. Which is a shame, because despite on what has happened; I still really like his game :':)'(.

Last edited:

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Yep, I highly dislike this 'payment to per creation' option that he chose. I agree that this going to make him loose even more pledge (money). I think best option for him is to change payment option to 'pay up front' at the beginning of each month.
Payment per creation is great for those devs who don't have enough time to work on their game and are decent enough to say it. In this case I can't see it as dev sounds like an amateur who doesn't know how patreon works. You can't start pay upfront for a quite some time so you have to be patient. Your game, if it doesn't have some above average CGs/polished gameplay can't reach higher payrolls without a bunch of updates (and this game is just average at best when it comes to cgs and technical side). Devs are doing it for money but such a childish attitude makes it highly unbelievable that he will be able to finish it as he's inpatient and gives this impression of a person who doesn't give a shit about his game if it doesn't make enough money for him. And talking about piracy is stupid when it's said by a huge, succesful dev (DS) but it's just plain retarded when it's said by a mediocre dev. It's not a major gaming industry with steam and hundreds of different sites to advertise for it. I'm sure it would be hard for him to reach 100$ without piracy. If his game leaked fast it means it will grow as it's popular. Right now, it might take a couple of updates for people to forget his attitude. Hope he will think about it and change a bit as this game might be pretty cool and I easily see it reaching 1500$ at some point (not more due to the graphic and overall amateurish layout)

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
I like the concept of the game, and hope this dev can hook-up with a team to finish it, but after reading some of his posts about learning game maker, it doesn't sound like that will happen.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Wow. Sounds like "his disappointment" disappointed many other people.

All I can say, if I had the money I'd support the most promising games, this was never one of them.

Pasikonik

Aug 27, 2017
@Acesaw Talk to Bill who will tell you about working in bar instead of studying or sports. AND go there straight after you heard about it (there's a possible bug preventing to do it if you don't do straight after you heard about it). After that Bill will tell you about Hacking...
Its somewhat buggy : I got a talk with Bill but missed the way to do it correct path (1pm go outsite school and there will be "path" to bar) , i just go there on saturday/sunday and work without proper introduction (talk about getting a job with owner) and saturday "talk" with girl from B class hangs the game ...

Acesaw

May 11, 2017
@Acesaw Talk to Bill who will tell you about working in bar instead of studying or sports. AND go there straight after you heard about it (there's a possible bug preventing to do it if you don't do straight after you heard about it). After that Bill will tell you about Hacking...
thanks

yxdreamsxy

Donor
Jun 11, 2017
So much "Drama" on lasted patreon post. :teary::teary:

boltar

Jun 26, 2017
Walkius comments on this drama may doom his patreon and his game. I wish him the best but he is wrong on how he is "losing" money. The amount of advertisement he gets from sharing sites to gain patreons is so valuable for new devs. The most important rule to gain patreons is having credit that you are working hard on content and will release updates on a timely bases. He shattered that. I warn new devs confusing a full release of a game for X dollars vs updates over years and being supported in monthly payments.

Reactions: yxdreamsxy

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Yeah, he's so impatient and emotional it's hard to watch. If he could quietly work on his game he would be over 1k$ in 2 updates, maybe even 1. Now arguing thru posts is just like a harakiri marketingwise.
- your gif might be a good sign as these 2 from it eventually got married. I can't see such an ending from Walkius but who knows

Caligula

Donor
Aug 22, 2017
Yeah, he's so impatient and emotional it's hard to watch. If he could quietly work on his game he would be over 1k$ in 2 updates, maybe even 1. Now arguing thru posts is just like a harakiri marketingwise.
- your gif might be a good sign as these 2 from it eventually got married. I can't see such an ending from Walkius but who knows
There is nothing wrong with being passionate about your work. Especially when you do creative work passion is important. But I agree that this can have a negative impact on his marketing on Patreon.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
There is nothing wrong with being passionate about your work.
Wouldn't say he looks passionate about his work. Rather about money. Being passionate about your game is great but rare. Being emotional isn't a way to reach people.

yxdreamsxy

Donor
Jun 11, 2017
Wouldn't say he looks passionate about his work. Rather about money. Being passionate about your game is great but rare. Being emotional isn't a way to reach people.
Yep, that make me afraid that he would not complete the project and eventually give up, if the money does not play out in his favor in future. Although, I still really enjoy his game and I wish him the best.

Off topic, the game (Farmer's Dreams) in your signature look very interesting to me. I have never played it before. However, I like Peasant's Quest. The genres are somewhat similar (fantasy, farming, monster, combat...etc). I'll try this one out :heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes:.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Yep, that make me afraid that he would not complete the project and eventually give up, if the money does not play out in his favor in future. Although, I still really enjoy his game and I wish him the best.
Oh I wish him best as well. It surely has some potential.

Off topic, the game (Farmer's Dreams) in your signature look very interesting to me. I have never played it before. However, I like Peasant's Quest. The genres are somewhat similar (fantasy, farming, monster, combat...etc). I'll try this one out :heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes:.
In fact it's better to wait a bit for a new update as dev is remaking it a lot. It's a bit buggy now. But still, art is amazing, developer is talented and serious so it has a lot of potential in a future. In fact I had some small contribution into this project so I'm really rooting for it. If you give it a try right now I'm sure you will see this potential as well even tho sometimes it's technically problematic. I really can't w8 for next update. One of my future-favs if everything will go as it should

yxdreamsxy

Donor
Jun 11, 2017
In fact it's better to wait a bit for a new update as dev is remaking it a lot. It's a bit buggy now. But still, art is amazing, developer is talented and serious so it has a lot of potential in a future. In fact I had some small contribution into this project so I'm really rooting for it. If you give it a try right now I'm sure you will see this potential as well even tho sometimes it's technically problematic. I really can't w8 for next update. One of my future-favs if everything will go as it should
Ok, I got it. I'll come back and check it in 6 months or a year. In the meantime, there are still a lot of games that I have planned to play. However, this game specifically caught my interest. Maybe, because I really like fantasy, farm, combat, simulation... These genres remind me of harvest moon and stardew valley, which I really enjoy.

3.40 star(s) 62 Votes