Jef

Jan 21, 2017
Could you please stop ranting? We know by now that you don't like the "who pays more gets some more benefits"- system, but you really don't need to post two posts after each other to make this clear.

$30 is certainly a lot of money to pay, and I wouldn't pay it either (simply because I can't afford to lose that much each month), but I understand why the developer gives his best paying and most devoted "money suppliers" earlier access. :p

Kara Zor-El

Engaged Member
Oct 3, 2017
Do we have any $30 patreon member here to share what it writes in version 0.8.1 post?

Version 0.8.1 release day for $5 patreons is 25 Feb.

Heitcaho

Jul 16, 2017
Never played this game, but good god I've had fun reading this thread from beginning to end and only have four thoughts.

1: That MC and his hair has ruined any chances of me playing this game, I mean that hair is a crime
2: God what a cunty thing to do reporting the game for incest because of the Martin content
3: Another Dev in a long line im sure this year who has fallen for the unavoidable Quasi NTR
4: HIS FUCKING HAIR IS A JOKE WHAT WAS THE DEV THINKING x'Dx'Dx'D

Anyway, I hope one day in the future (PLEASE SOON) that all perspective devs will realize what a divisive thing NTR or other guys plowing the MC's perspective future lay is. And it has a such an easy solution which is simply make it optional and give the player some actual initiative in the game, you know like a choice, funny and outlandish thing to expect in a video game though.

Kane Salvatore

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Jan 2, 2018
Never played this game, but good god I've had fun reading this thread from beginning to end and only have four thoughts.
it's an interesting game or was anyway.. hope the new version will have a complete rewrite with a believable reason for the MC living at his 'friends' house for school

1: That MC and his hair has ruined any chances of me playing this game, I mean that hair is a crime
2: God what a cunty thing to do reporting the game for incest because of the Martin content
3: Another Dev in a long line im sure this year who has fallen for the unavoidable Quasi NTR
1/4.. yea his hair is a kind of crap, lol
2.. completely agree, hope the person or persons that killed the 'cousins' version choke to death on the next thing they eat, was a real dick move
3.. not really NTR anyway imo.. since neither Maria or Mimi were in a relationship or even possible as a relationship in the current version, yea the player might feel like that.. but the MC probably doesn't

Anyway, I hope one day in the future (PLEASE SOON) that all perspective devs will realize what a divisive thing NTR or other guys plowing the MC's perspective future lay is. And it has a such an easy solution which is simply make it optional and give the player some actual initiative in the game, you know like a choice, funny and outlandish thing to expect in a video game though.
has optional NTR for the main heroine anyway, and is pretty good imo

Reactions: Kara Zor-El

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
^

i actually thought of starting that game soon since i'm playing through all these games to quickly, but that low version number is was off-putting. does the NTR-guy have any sex scenes?

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
^

i actually thought of starting that game soon since i'm playing through all these games to quickly, but that low version number is was off-putting. does the NTR-guy have any sex scenes?
Maria & mimi for now.

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
I do not think that many will. $ 30 patron is naughty. for an unfinished game. I will finish my $ 5 patron again. it just begs to have to wait the week. I lose interest in the game. then he does not get any money. He can also keep the game. many will think so. Such a good game and only 147 patrons. others are at over 300 and more ...

he forgets that the $ 5 patrons support him more than the $ 30 patrons. He lets most wait .... He bites the hand that feeds him ...
yes that's probably right. But many do not make the $ 5 patrons first. Because they can wait right then, this game is here or on other sites. Then you can save your money, and wait 2 days longer. If he wants to rip off $ 30. We are all players and we want to keep playing. The system is: You have a dog, a sausage in your hand. and do not give the dog the sausage. That's how I feel as a player who even donates. And $ 30 is clearly too much. So much does not come with a new update. Would not that be with the $ 30 patrons. Then he would certainly have more people than now. The quality has the game now. There would be more willing to give $ 5. But nobody does that

I am certainly not the only $ 5 patron who has made it Cancel for this reason. First you can wait for the next update. and still this system. As many say "no thanks". the problem is people do not say that.

You don't seem to understand how reward tiers work.

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017

Was jumping into the thread for a sec just to see what had been up with this game I'd heard rumblings about Martin, still haven't seen him in the game because... apparently he's on a timer or something? The aunt had mentioned that she had back pain and Mimi said she'd introduce her to someone, that felt like ages ago.

Honestly my big complaint with this game is that everything TAKES TOO FUCKING LONG. You need to meet with these girls to advance a plot, well you can only see them once a fucking week, and there is shit all new to do for the rest of the week, so just keep hitting that hourglass and pray for a swift death. It's dumb as hell. Having a schedule is all well and good but meeting with people should be possible at least 3-4 days out of any week. It's just shows a lack of care for the player's time.

So anyway NTR... guys it's not hard. If you say want to have it, or something adjacent to it in your game you need to set expectations early. If say in 0.1 it showed a scene of Mimi fucking a random dude, then it set the stage for her going and and fucking around. The player knows it's a possibility, and no one is shocked or kicked in the proverbial nuts if some other dude lays pipe outside of those who just can't take another dick in the game period. But those people are pretty rare, if vocal.

it's an interesting game or was anyway.. hope the new version will have a complete rewrite with a believable reason for the MC living at his 'friends' house for school

1/4.. yea his hair is a kind of crap, lol
2.. completely agree, hope the person or persons that killed the 'cousins' version choke to death on the next thing they eat, was a real dick move
3.. not really NTR anyway imo.. since neither Maria or Mimi were in a relationship or even possible as a relationship in the current version, yea the player might feel like that.. but the MC probably doesn't

has optional NTR for the main heroine anyway, and is pretty good imo
Optional NTR for the side girl too, but I digress.

I just wanted to comment on the not "NTR" thing. I see this a lot, and while it is technically true, the way that most WEGs are set up makes it a little harder to define. While yes you weren't in a relationship with Mimi or her mother, with Mimi especially there has been a fair bit of build up to eventually sleeping with her. The player spends weeks in game time, hours in real time getting better at yoga, getting her to take of her top, running with her, getting massage cream, getting good a massage in general and persuasion as well just to be able to get a BJ from her every Saturday and then be able to finger the shit out of her most nights. A fingering she quite enjoys. Things have already gotten sexual between her an the MC, and out of all the girls in the game, she probably has taken the most effort, though her sister comes pretty close, that one had its payoff a while back. She might not have officially been in a relationship with the MC, (though Alice technically isn't either BTW) she is clearly set as a romantic interest for the player, and one in which has advanced over time.

So when after all that effort, out of nowhere some dude comes in and starts fucking her and you get the privilege of just watching, after again a shitload of time and effort put into her quest so far? Something players, especially her fans may have been waiting for since the first update? People are going to get annoyed. People who might NOT have gotten annoyed if things were handled with a bit more care.

That of course doesn't make the people who reported him any less douchey.

Kane Salvatore

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Jan 2, 2018
I just wanted to comment on the not "NTR" thing. I see this a lot, and while it is technically true, the way that most WEGs are set up makes it a little harder to define. While yes you weren't in a relationship with Mimi or her mother, with Mimi especially there has been a fair bit of build up to eventually sleeping with her. The player spends weeks in game time, hours in real time getting better at yoga, getting her to take of her top, running with her, getting massage cream, getting good a massage in general and persuasion as well just to be able to get a BJ from her every Saturday and then be able to finger the shit out of her most nights. A fingering she quite enjoys. Things have already gotten sexual between her an the MC, and out of all the girls in the game, she probably has taken the most effort, though her sister comes pretty close, that one had its payoff a while back. She might not have officially been in a relationship with the MC, (though Alice technically isn't either BTW) she is clearly set as a romantic interest for the player, and one in which has advanced over time.
ntr for me in School, Love & Cousins atm would have been if Alice, Emily or Iris/Mayo got fucked by some guy.. but yea.. Mimi/Maria was ntr in a way

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
true, Jess/Robert is avoidable as well :D
I shit you not, I thought people would want my head for that scene. Was pleasantly surprised that it went over well.
But enough about then, this isn't the thread for it.

I was thinking since I am a whiny critical bastard by nature both of my own work and those of others I rarely say enough nice stuff about games I like when they still have inherent issues. So just going to take a moment to reinforce what actually works really well in SLC SLF:

Alice's whole plot took a bit longer than I would have liked as far as actual time... but it din't drag out for fucking ever like so many other games did. I thought the first night was pretty well done, and she is a fun character to have around. The repeatable sex scenes are good too (though please, fix the damn glitches in those images, they are still distracting as hell) and her relationship with the MC feels good. Kind of what people thought the Lisa story would be in BB before that one got cocked up.

Emily's thing was pretty great too honestly. I liked the small bit of characterization done there too wherein she gave off all the signals of being a virgin, shy awkward around boys she likes, etc. And then you find out that she is like that because her only other BF was an asshole, and her first time sucked. It was a nice an refreshing change of pace, even for this old bastard who has a cherry poppin fetish.

The side pieces in the game are all alright, I do wish more scenes with the lesbians were repeatable. And that you could bang the redhead, but I suppose we can still wait on a lot of that stuff. I don't feel that at least up until 0.7 the game got bogged down in its side content, and even if it did, since the Alice story was more or less taken care of it it wouldn't bother me much.

So yeah, there we go. See? I can be complementary too.

Kane Salvatore

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Jan 2, 2018
Alice's whole plot took a bit longer than I would have likes as far as actual time... but it din't drag out for fucking ever like so many other games did. I thought the first night was pretty well done, and she is a fun character to have around. The repeatable sex scenes are good too (though please, fix the damn glitches in those images, they are still discracting as hell) and her relationship with the MC feels good. Kind of what people thought the Lisa story would be in BB before that one got cocked up.
Alice worked out nicely imo (hope the story isn't ruined with the SLF change though)

Emily's thing was pretty great too honestly. I liked the small bit of characterization done there too wherin she gave off all the signals of being a virgin, shy awkward around boys she likes, etc. And then you find out that she is like that because her only other BF was an asshole, and her first time sucked. It was a nice an refreshing change of pace, even for this old bastard who has a cherry poppin fetish.
i'm between 'least she can enjoy sex now' and 'shit, i didn't get her first'.. but imo getting Alice's first saves that

The side pieces in the game are all alright, I do wish more scenes with the lesbians were repeatable. And that you could bang the redhead, but I suppose we can still wait on a lot of that stuff. I don't feel that at least up until 0.7 the game got bogged down in its side content, and even if it did, since the Alice story was more or less taken care of it it wouldn't bother me much.
i agree Christy/Karly and Lily has nice potential.. atm i want to steal Vicky from Seth though.. lol

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
was it ever revealed or locked behind a patreon reward if martin would also go after alice?

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Do we have any $30 patreon member here to share what it writes in version 0.8.1 post?

Version 0.8.1 release day for $5 patreons is 25 Feb.
8.1 was 2 bug fixes, one was just a little annoyance while the other crashed the game. I was satisfied with this update overall...can give martin the boot before he gets far with maria...he gets to see maria in her underwear and then you get the option to start the kick him out event which has 3 paths.

Reactions: Kara Zor-El

Kara Zor-El

Engaged Member
Oct 3, 2017
Not so much grindy game. In 65 days you can finish this game (version 0.7) without cheat and you have sex relation with Alice, Emily, Mayo (or Iris) and lesbians. Also Mimi cause blowjob and fingering scenes. (edit: Lily) Total 7 girl in 65 days which is fair enough for my side.

About NTR: (for version 0.7)
This game is NTR for who hates to see other guy in game acting like MC.
People who prefer untouched girls in game causing this NTR confusion.

Firecracker001

Donor
Jan 2, 2018
You don't seem to understand how reward tiers work.
and you probably did not understand where rip-off begins. 5 - 10 $ a month per game is ok for me if I like a game. Then I like to help too. But if I can wait too. as a financier. Just because others pay extra. Then I say no thanks. there is no guarantee that he will finish the game. You also have the risk. So you have to trust a developer you do not know. He asks for help. There is a whole week. very naughty. I think you did not understand patreon.

3.40 star(s) 62 Votes