Atlin

Jun 1, 2017
So how have the past couple updates for this game been? Is the new content any good?

Why can't you go to the city?
A couple early scenes were redone, and I wasn't terribly impressed by any of the new stuff.

Can't go to the city because it's still under development.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Can't go to the city because it's still under development.
Are you talking about the city that has the cafe where Violet works and the goth girl hangs out, or is there another city?

Atlin

Jun 1, 2017
Are you talking about the city that has the cafe where Violet works and the goth girl hangs out, or is there another city?
That's the "Town" In the world map there's a separate "City" you can't go to yet, and that's where the new quest wants you to be.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Well dam, so much for me relying on node to do its job. Okay, here's the same thing sans uglifyjs:
Nice job! Is it possible to convert the files back into the .soldata format?

That's the "Town" In the world map there's a separate "City" you can't go to yet, and that's where the new quest wants you to be.
Having a location named "Town" and another location named "City" in the same game seems a bit questionable lol.

Atlin

Jun 1, 2017
Well dam, so much for me relying on node to do its job. Okay, here's the same thing sans uglifyjs:
I just got around to tryin' this out. I'm gettin' "SyntaxError: Unexpected Identifier"

Having a location named "Town" and another location named "City" in the same game seems a bit questionable lol.
I'd agree if it were any other game. They did add the farm as an interactive location though, you can talk to a facsimile of Jaden Smith, for some reason.

user224

Apr 2, 2018
@ea3794
thx for the script
script2 works fine
i have try decrypt with node but i have a error SyntaxError: Unexpected Identifier
now i try a other way
i copied the "www" folder from game and the script to the node folder
now i have execute the script with node.exe
decrypt.js open with node.exe in the explorer right mousebutton
now click on the script and node decrypt the files
thx

sorry for my bad english :)

mithroll

Mar 16, 2017
@ea3794
thx for the script
script2 works fine
i have try decrypt with node but i have a error SyntaxError: Unexpected Identifier
now i try a other way
i copied the "www" folder from game and the script to the node folder
now i have execute the script with node.exe
decrypt.js open with node.exe in the explorer right mousebutton
now click on the script and node decrypt the files
thx

sorry for my bad english :)
For some reason I can't open decrypt.js using node. I'm not sure how you managed to do it

Atlin

Jun 1, 2017
Uh.. on which line? Which symbol? What version of node are you using?
Node itself just gives me the SyntaxError: Unexpected Identifier" the decrypt.js itself says

The decrypt.js itself says:
Line 3
Char 1

Whatever the current is, 11.6 or whatever.

jonata203

Oct 12, 2017
I have a problem,i only at lv 1 romance at violet and now i dont know how to get romance with her because violet isn't in cafe and in her house i need to get lv 2 romance to get her a job anyone help me ?

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Well, sure. I mean, it's the reverse of decrypting. Not sure why you'd want to do that tho?
For immoral things such as editing the decrypted files by find and replacing all instances of <Flora> with <Mom> and then encrypting the edited files so they work with the game.

Also being able to recompress a file name or basically an uncompressed file name to compressed file name translator would be useful too.

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
Node itself just gives me the SyntaxError: Unexpected Identifier" the decrypt.js itself says

The decrypt.js itself says:
Line 3
Char 1

Whatever the current is, 11.6 or whatever.
Apparently I'm using node 4.2.6 for reasons, so expect issues running that on 11.6....

For immoral things such as editing the decrypted files by find and replacing all instances of <Flora> with <Mom> and then encrypting the edited files so they work with the game.

Also being able to recompress a file name or basically an uncompressed file name to compressed file name translator would be useful too.
I can probably cook something up... gimme a day or so to make an "encrypt.js". I was thinking of just deleting all the encryption code from the game but that works too.

Reactions: Maid Lain

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Apparently I'm using node 4.2.6 for reasons, so expect issues running that on 11.6....

I can probably cook something up... gimme a day or so to make an "encrypt.js". I was thinking of just deleting all the encryption code from the game but that works too.
Thanks! Also your code worked for me and my version of Node is 8.11.3 and the last time I updated it was in June.

edit:
Code:
Node.js 11.6.0          2018-12-26
Node.js 8.11.3          2018-06-12
Node.js 4.2.6           2016-01-21

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
If you do then I hope you don't get in legal trouble again. Honestly, that whole situation was stupid to begin with.
If ea makes a script to re-encrypt the files then I should be able to make the mod/patch without having to include the full game. The devs said before if it's done like that then they are fine with it, so if they meant what they said then it should be fine.

3.70 star(s) 41 Votes