Apr 20, 2018
While I have said to others I highly advise not supporting this company. I am going to bite the bullet right now, I am going to (only for now) support the company and play through the entirety of 0.3.1 or 0.3.2 (since i guess I'll get 0.3.2 in a few days?).

My reason for doing this is partially driven by me prior to this having said "I do like this game". I honestly do, I just hate the update rate (where it took over 5 months for an update that is rumoured to not be big) and more importantly how the company made their 10 dollar patrons wait a week for a working version of the update. While this thread could be abandoned forever, I still stand by a company not delaying things that are broken.

Their rules of 20 dollars getting it like a week earlier are fine, they need a system for their tiers to actually benefit more than others. However, when the version that was broken became available to everyone, the fix for it should have most definitely been made open to 10$ patrons without a wait, and not treat as its own update.

If I have time I'll play the game in 1 or 2 sittings. I will make my next post about if I think the update was significant enough to take 5 months, and more importantly if I think supporting this company(?) is worth it or not.

fif3

Jul 9, 2018
While I have said to others I highly advise not supporting this company. I am going to bite the bullet right now, I am going to (only for now) support the company and play through the entirety of 0.3.1 or 0.3.2 (since i guess I'll get 0.3.2 in a few days?).

My reason for doing this is partially driven by me prior to this having said "I do like this game". I honestly do, I just hate the update rate (where it took over 5 months for an update that is rumoured to not be big) and more importantly how the company made their 10 dollar patrons wait a week for a working version of the update. While this thread could be abandoned forever, I still stand by a company not delaying things that are broken.

Their rules of 20 dollars getting it like a week earlier are fine, they need a system for their tiers to actually benefit more than others. However, when the version that was broken became available to everyone, the fix for it should have most definitely been made open to 10$ patrons without a wait, and not treat as its own update.

If I have time I'll play the game in 1 or 2 sittings. I will make my next post about if I think the update was significant enough to take 5 months, and more importantly if I think supporting this company(?) is worth it or not.
Could you post the change-log for 0.3.2?

Reactions: obiwan

mithroll

Mar 16, 2017
School of Lust Version 0.3.2 Changelog
Please note that version 0.3.2 is currently in closed alpha testing for high tier patrons ($20+), and version 0.3.2 (or a new version) will be released for $10 patrons as soon as any game-breaking bugs have been squashed.
With this update, we've added an in-game menu option, which allows you to disable picture caching completely. If you're playing on an older system, and experience frequent crashes, freezes and/or other (performance) issues, we suggest disabling picture caching. It should increase performance on older systems, however it may cause a very annoying image flickering when disabled (which is why we cache the pictures in the first place). So if you didn't have any issues in v0.3.1, we strongly suggest leaving the menu option enabled.
The new update should be backwards compatible with all previous versions (save files).

Changelog:

• [ADDED] 3 new side quests: Lust Toys: Claire, Satisfy Sippy and To Whom My Concern (incomplete)
  • [ADDED] a new scene of Violet & Claire inside the Lust Toys shop (unlocks when you hire both Claire and Violet at the same time).
  • [ADDED] Sofia lollipop scene (continuation of the Hole scene).
  • [ADDED] Nicole's walking scenes (continuation of the previous scene, make sure to keep walking her to unlock both scenes).
  • [ADDED] the option to disable picture caching completely from the options menu. May cause image flickering when disabled (which is why we cache the pictures in the first place).
  • [ADDED] a (wall) phone to the Lust Toys shop, which allows you to see how much you've paid back to Gip so far. You can also track your progress from the Objectives page, but this only shows the percentage, and the progress will currently only show up when you start a new game (older save files aren't compatible with this).

• [CHANGED] Sofia & Violet footjob scene (in Harfort swimming pool). It's been re-made from scratch and (partially) animated.
  • [CHANGED] the Objectives page by adding mouse controls to filter the quests, and added animated arrows to make it clear that the quests can be filtered.
  • [CHANGED] hiring Violet to the Lust Toys shop now requiring a romance level of 2 or higher.
  • [CHANGED] being locked out of the Hole (until october 21, 2044) after reaching the end of floor #5, when not having started the "Missing Sippy" quest yet. You are now able to continue to progress through the Hole, without getting restricted.
  • [CHANGED] items in your inventory that can't be used, now showing a message accordingly.

• [FIXED] Aiyana in church, saying that she's missing Sippy, while you've already defeated/rescued her from the Hole.
  • [FIXED] when having 100% or higher Effort skill, your combat abilities in the Hole no longer increased, and were reverted back to their initial state (which you could see from the small projectile).
  • [FIXED again] when entering the hole during the afternoon, it would advance the part of the day to nighttime, instead of evening.
  • [FIXED] when leaving the dormitory during the evening/night, it becomes bright outside.
  • [FIXED] Lust Toys shop currency showing up as G instead of $.
  • [FIXED] possible to talk naked to Dunia, when using an older save file, and Dunia wouldn't even react to it!
  • [FIXED] minimap in the Hole not functioning correctly after doing Zoe's fantasy world quest or after entering the memories map.
  • [FIXED] being able to get stuck in the Hole in Floor #7 (gates not opening after defeating the students).
  • [FIXED] error message/freezing when doing challenge #12 on the 7th floor in the Hole.
  • [FIXED] being able to get stuck on the chest or vases when doing challenge #12 on the 7th floor in the Hole.
  • [FIXED] Aiyana's church scene assets sometimes not loading correctly, where certain layers appear before others.
  • [FIXED] Scarlett's animated bust, when you first meet her in the principal's room, switching her clothes too slowly.
  • [FIXED] when meeting Sofia for the first time in class, her mouth layer does not change correctly.
  • [FIXED] during the Flora in Trouble quest, Flora can appear in both her bedroom and in the living room at the same time.
  • [FIXED] certain characters appearing all day long. Now they only appear at certain times of the day.
  • [FIXED] the direction of the player, after opening and closing the Lust Toys shop during the evening, and getting transferred back to the bedroom.
  • [FIXED] animated busts not disappearing after conversing with Sofia in the basketball court.
  • [FIXED] not showing the correct floors cleared when selecting the statistics on the computer in the bedroom.
  • [FIXED] no longer possible to continue to take damage after defeating the "bosses" in the Hole that drop the magic books.
  • [FIXED] leaving the Hole during the afternoon, it would always put you in your underwear (requiring you to change your clothes, before leaving the bedroom).
  • [FIXED] push error/crash when using the auto shelver in the Lust Toys shop. (Note: We weren't able to replicate this issue, but hopefully this should resolve it. Please let us know if you're still having this problem.)
  • [FIXED] skill bars on the phone menu expanding 'out of bounds' when they go over 100%.
  • [FIXED] Flora not leaving the bedroom after asking to pick up milk.
  • [FIXED] Natalie appearing in the bathroom, while she isn't supposed to.
  • [FIXED] Claire's phone no longer appearing in her dorm room, before the blackmail quest starts, as being able to pick it up in advance, would make it impossible to finish the quest.

• [REMOVED] the option to "buy equipment" from principal Scarlett. It was unnecessary, as it should already be clear that the equipment can only be bought from the nurse.

PERV53

Sep 10, 2017
Sheesh, it's like my entire computer is having a seizure every time I open the game and it just gets stuck in the loading screen...

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
Sheesh, it's like my entire computer is having a seizure every time I open the game and it just gets stuck in the loading screen...
It might be from ur computer its an option cause i had the same problem before and switched to my other computer better specs and he started working perfectly although it took some time to reach the menu, or it simply the issue i told before from the game having an animated menu it might cause the loading to be slow or even crash.

I hope there is a good soul that can share the 0.3.2 with me and the others ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: jowzo

PERV53

Sep 10, 2017
It might be from ur computer its an option cause i had the same problem before and switched to my other computer better specs and he started working perfectly although it took some time to reach the menu, or it simply the issue i told before from the game having an animated menu it might cause the loading to be slow or even crash.

I doubt it's that since the 0.2.1 version starts ok... it's this 0.3a version that just decides to get stuck right in the loading screen to the point it doesn't even get to the main menu, it freezes and then closes itself.

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
I doubt it's that since the 0.2.1 version starts ok... it's this 0.3a version that just decides to get stuck right in the loading screen to the point it doesn't even get to the main menu, it freezes and then closes itself.
The same was happening to me, but then i realized it was my pc specs that werent enough to start the game so switched to my other pc and started working but, here i go again, slow and sometimes freezes when i am reaching the main menu due to the fact its an animated menu which can cause loading freezes and crashes, the dev should make the menu more lighter, and for me the cause its really that cause i play the game normally after leaving the menu.

fif3

Jul 9, 2018
You need more RAM. Apparently the game preloads all the assets at start-up.
To solve the problem you could either:
1) Try the fixes posted in this thread
2) Install more RAM
3) Increase the page file (virtual RAM) size (it may run very slowly)

To avoid crashes you need 18-20 GB of RAM

Hopefully the newer version solved this problem (maybe the "option to disable picture caching" mentioned in the changelog is that)

PERV53

Sep 10, 2017
You need more RAM. Apparently the game preloads all the assets at start-up.
To solve the problem you could either:
1) Try the fixes posted in this thread
2) Install more RAM
3) Increase the page file (virtual RAM) size (it may run very slowly)

To avoid crashes you need 18-20 GB of RAM

Hopefully the newer version solved this problem (maybe the "option to disable picture caching" mentioned in the changelog is that)
That's counterproductive as hell if that's the case... why load everything from the get go? That's like playing an open-world game with the entire map loaded instead of a portion of it and load the rest as you reach a certain point.
And fucking 18-20 GB of RAM? I only have 4... and it's a laptop so it's pointless... eh, I'll try the things you pointed out.
EDIT: One of the fixes worked... I just changed something from True to False... the typical fix to these problems.
EDIT 2: *sigh* Nevermind, the game just freezes when I talk to Natalie (the sister), when I go to school the first day and when I enter the H-scene viewer from the computer... this game man, how can an RPG maker game be so flawed...?

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
Ok I played it for a bit and got bored because it's been 5 months since I played the game (literally lol) SOOOO it will take me a while to see what is actually newly added and such. I keep getting bored because I'm confused as to where the fuck I am in the game.

I guess the least I can say is: 3.1 and 3.2 do actually fix the crashing issues and bullshit.

Sartan

May 3, 2018
@PERV536 I am on 4 Gb RAM laptop too and I can play it, but have to accept the overlong laoding a start and random crashes.
Here is what I did, it is a .

johndoe1545

Resident Head-Patters
Donor
May 5, 2017
That's counterproductive as hell if that's the case... why load everything from the get go? That's like playing an open-world game with the entire map loaded instead of a portion of it and load the rest as you reach a certain point.
And fucking 18-20 GB of RAM? I only have 4... and it's a laptop so it's pointless... eh, I'll try the things you pointed out.
EDIT: One of the fixes worked... I just changed something from True to False... the typical fix to these problems.
EDIT 2: *sigh* Nevermind, the game just freezes when I talk to Natalie (the sister), when I go to school the first day and when I enter the H-scene viewer from the computer... this game man, how can an RPG maker game be so flawed...?
it's not the engine problem but rather the dev fault, try playing JP developed rpgm game, no pre-load shit, gallery included.

Reactions: exirock
3.70 star(s) 41 Votes