VN Ren'Py Abandoned School Transformation [v0.22] [Jirina Fireheart]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Higurashika

Nov 15, 2018
Coold you fix textbox, please? White text on white backgrounds, a weird text shift to the left... Why is this in the game, which isn't a release version?

Reactions: ArturiousDesign

Jirina

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
Coold you fix textbox, please? White text on white backgrounds, a weird text shift to the left... Why is this in the game, which isn't a release version?
Hi there,
thank you for your comment. I am already looking into this matter...... the last few days. I tried different colors but did not find a solution that worked with every background. The text shift to the left appeared when i changed the resolution, that is something that i should be able to fix.

If anyone knows a solution for the white text on white background issue, please let me know. With other colors you have issues on other backgrounds. Maybe if i can turn the textbox darker.....

I will try tomorrow what happens when i copy the "GUI" file of Space Travels into School Transformation, because that game already had this solution from the beginning.

Reactions: JokerLeader

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Hi there,
thank you for your comment. I am already looking into this matter...... the last few days. I tried different colors but did not find a solution that worked with every background. The text shift to the left appeared when i changed the resolution, that is something that i should be able to fix.

If anyone knows a solution for the white text on white background issue, please let me know. With other colors you have issues on other backgrounds. Maybe if i can turn the textbox darker.....

I will try tomorrow what happens when i copy the "GUI" file of Space Travels into School Transformation, because that game already had this solution from the beginning.
Just do a black stroke on the text, something like this

Reactions: Anonnymous18100

Jirina

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
I found a way to fix it, i am uploading the updated 0.22v at the moment. Thanks for pointing such things out to me. I will try to provide a fixed 0.21r version tomorrow.
Fix coming maybe in 30 Minutes i will inform you and provide a new MEGA link, i was able to fix 0.21r. (Maybe not perfect but much better, let me know what you think then)

Last edited:

Jirina

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
So here you go:

And here are the game files:

PC:

MAC:

Have a nice weekend

Jirina Fireheart

There was a bug with the text box. It is fixed now in this links.

Jirina

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
Hopefully everything is fine now. It´s already late here at my place so i will finally go to bed, but i wanted to solve this first.
If you encounter anything else let me know and it would be nice if you can tell me if the text box is "okay" now this way.
This should be near the version of what we have in Space Travels. So i think it should work.

I reported the thread so hopefully the moderators see it and update the post with the 2 new links above.

Barrett74

May 13, 2018
Ok here is a small review and some things that you think you can improve upon.

1. get rid of the yellow dialogue that says you must be 18 yada yada yada since you already say this when you start clicking on the page. its redundant.
2. work on the script or dialogue, definitly needs improvement there. a color change for the dialogue, the white dialogue keeps getting blended in the white background therefore hard to read.(ill show you example once im done with my fixes).
3. needs a hospital scene where the family is talking to doctors about mc's illness, not while he is explaining it in the bathroom taking a piss.
4. another scene or a fade to black scene when mc collapses in the bathroom before "mother" comes running in.
5. scene's need to put in place to better match up with script. (i.e ambulance showing when mc says that mother directs them to the bathroom. not when mc is being wheeled out. (question why does mc look like he was just used as a punching bag). if your bladder bursts I can see where the mc might have some blood on his stomach and down his legs, but not all over his face.
6. (ok questionble are they medics or wannabe dancers from a boyband) wheeling out mc on stretcher only to be yelled at by mother saying there trying to kidnap him??? didnt she just let them in? only for a bad actor out of Hawaii 50(frank) to come guns a blazin threatening the medics, while the stare at him like he is about the stupidest mofo that hit the big screen.
7. a scene or fade to black scene with a dialogue or brief descriptions saying something like 8 months later, then showing the mc waking up. confused and disoriented.
8. question why does mc keep getting completely undressed just to go to the bathroom.
9. make it to where the player can change there name to something they like at the time of change , same as mc name.

Barrett74

May 13, 2018
i haven't completed it yet but here is a example of what i was talking about since i dont have way to incorporate the scene's or dont have the know how to do a fade to black screen. but here is what i got so far.

Jirina

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
Ok here is a small review and some things that you think you can improve upon.

1. get rid of the yellow dialogue that says you must be 18 yada yada yada since you already say this when you start clicking on the page. its redundant.
2. work on the script or dialogue, definitly needs improvement there. a color change for the dialogue, the white dialogue keeps getting blended in the white background therefore hard to read.(ill show you example once im done with my fixes).
3. needs a hospital scene where the family is talking to doctors about mc's illness, not while he is explaining it in the bathroom taking a piss.
4. another scene or a fade to black scene when mc collapses in the bathroom before "mother" comes running in.
5. scene's need to put in place to better match up with script. (i.e ambulance showing when mc says that mother directs them to the bathroom. not when mc is being wheeled out. (question why does mc look like he was just used as a punching bag). if your bladder bursts I can see where the mc might have some blood on his stomach and down his legs, but not all over his face.
6. (ok questionble are they medics or wannabe dancers from a boyband) wheeling out mc on stretcher only to be yelled at by mother saying there trying to kidnap him??? didnt she just let them in? only for a bad actor out of Hawaii 50(frank) to come guns a blazin threatening the medics, while the stare at him like he is about the stupidest mofo that hit the big screen.
7. a scene or fade to black scene with a dialogue or brief descriptions saying something like 8 months later, then showing the mc waking up. confused and disoriented.
8. question why does mc keep getting completely undressed just to go to the bathroom.
9. make it to where the player can change there name to something they like at the time of change , same as mc name.
Hi there thank you for your review i will look further into it.
But first i want to say something about the background story that i wanted to add with the hospital scene etc.

1. MC collapsed in the bathroom. Sandra not being the most intelligent person sometimes called the ambulance and opened the door of the house so that they could get faster inside. In the meantime she ran through the house and tried to call Frank the whole time.
2. At this moment MC did not have any signs of bleeding, he just collapsed when the transformation started.
3. The former drug dealers did already know the house and she told them that MC collapsed in the bathroom. So they did go there directly without calling her. One reason for this was because they did know whose house this is.
4. They arrived in the bathroom and saw MC lying there. He was already bleeding all over his body, because the transformation was in effect. Because of the changes of his whole body he started to bleed while his skin changed form.
5. Sandra did see them when they already left the house with MC and was shocked because he was bleeding all over his body. So she thought that something terrible has happened and finally Frank arrived at the scene.
6. Frank had, because of his background more then one reason to react like this when he arrived and spotted this scene.

The story was not well written and did not get as much scenes as it should have got. But in this month where it happened i remade the whole game in a better resolution.
Remaking the game and adding scenes in it caused a error in the script. Because i forgot a single "quotation mark in one of the new scenes.
The program did not point out where the issue was and always told me that the last lines where an issue.
This way i worked through all program lines until i spotted the failure at the beginning.
This was the final reason why the story got cut short.

And now i am sorry but i will not change the start of the script anymore because. I think a final release version will get a overhaul.:
1. I don´t won´t to have such a bug again and maybe lose more progress with it.
2. The save games did not work like they used too after adding content in the beginning of the script.
3. What i want foremost is a bug free game that everyone can enjoy.
4. Maybe i will start a poll in the future if the beginning should be changed one last time.

-----------------------
In regard to the dialogue problem. Did you play the version where the text was on the left side and not in the text box where it should have been?
I will try to further improve there with the next update. But changing colors did not work with the text box.
You need a clear shining color for showing up right and white is the most neutral there. I tried types of grey (50 shades of grey?) but they did not work well either.
Colors did not work right for me when i playtested it because they strain the eyes.

But thank you very much for your review so far, i will try to improve where i can. I think my fans that played the very first version would agree that i try to improve my games where i can.

Have a nice sunday
Jirina

(Characters are not nameable for various reasons. 1. because i did not know how to make them nameable and 2. because the game is on patreon and i don´t want to get any trouble with them. 3. I mention this characters in dialogues so i think it would make additional work to get the script edited this way. I am working part time on my projects so i try to make this time efficient. So that my fans get content added into the games.)

Last edited:
Reactions: ustar

Jirina

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
Seems like there should be a IC-patch for this game, will there be one in the future?
Because i am the developer i will say "there will be no ic-patch from me *directly*".
First i started with such a idea but patreon is very strict about IC content.

• Sad
Reactions: pootin

Barrett74

May 13, 2018
Hi there thank you for your review i will look further into it.
But first i want to say something about the background story that i wanted to add with the hospital scene etc.

1. MC collapsed in the bathroom. Sandra not being the most intelligent person sometimes called the ambulance and opened the door of the house so that they could get faster inside. In the meantime she ran through the house and tried to call Frank the whole time.
2. At this moment MC did not have any signs of bleeding, he just collapsed when the transformation started.
3. The former drug dealers did already know the house and she told them that MC collapsed in the bathroom. So they did go there directly without calling her. One reason for this was because they did know whose house this is.
4. They arrived in the bathroom and saw MC lying there. He was already bleeding all over his body, because the transformation was in effect. Because of the changes of his whole body he started to bleed while his skin changed form.
5. Sandra did see them when they already left the house with MC and was shocked because he was bleeding all over his body. So she thought that something terrible has happened and finally Frank arrived at the scene.
6. Frank had, because of his background more then one reason to react like this when he arrived and spotted this scene.

The story was not well written and did not get as much scenes as it should have got. But in this month where it happened i remade the whole game in a better resolution.
Remaking the game and adding scenes in it caused a error in the script. Because i forgot a single "quotation mark in one of the new scenes.
The program did not point out where the issue was and always told me that the last lines where an issue.
This way i worked through all program lines until i spotted the failure at the beginning.
This was the final reason why the story got cut short.

And now i am sorry but i will not change the start of the script anymore because. I think a final release version will get a overhaul.:
1. I don´t won´t to have such a bug again and maybe lose more progress with it.
2. The save games did not work like they used too after adding content in the beginning of the script.
3. What i want foremost is a bug free game that everyone can enjoy.
4. Maybe i will start a poll in the future if the beginning should be changed one last time.

-----------------------
In regard to the dialogue problem. Did you play the version where the text was on the left side and not in the text box where it should have been?
I will try to further improve there with the next update. But changing colors did not work with the text box.
You need a clear shining color for showing up right and white is the most neutral there. I tried types of grey (50 shades of grey?) but they did not work well either.
Colors did not work right for me when i playtested it because they strain the eyes.

But thank you very much for your review so far, i will try to improve where i can. I think my fans that played the very first version would agree that i try to improve my games where i can.

Have a nice sunday
Jirina

(Characters are not nameable for various reasons. 1. because i did not know how to make them nameable and 2. because the game is on patreon and i don´t want to get any trouble with them. 3. I mention this characters in dialogues so i think it would make additional work to get the script edited this way. I am working part time on my projects so i try to make this time efficient. So that my fans get content added into the games.)
yeah i dont know about changing the colors for the dialogue, i did a google search for changing the dialogue colors and that was the best way i could find that would do it. My dialogue all showed up in the text box with the new version. I then rewrote the dialogue to be more fluid i only got up to the part where mc was at home and already changed. yeah i think once you have gotten the whole game done and completed you could always probably go back and refinish it or add touch ups i dont know, never made a renp'y game myself. I resigned myself to the story aspects of a game and seeing where it can be improved.

As far as the mc being nameable 1. alot of m/f transformation games do this when showing the mentality of a male taking on a female transition. 2. patreon shouldnt have a problem with this since alot of the previous games are also on patreon as long as you dont make the relationship between the mc and the other members actual family.

Overall i think its good, but just as we both have mention it could be better.

Jirina

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
yeah i dont know about changing the colors for the dialogue, i did a google search for changing the dialogue colors and that was the best way i could find that would do it. My dialogue all showed up in the text box with the new version. I then rewrote the dialogue to be more fluid i only got up to the part where mc was at home and already changed. yeah i think once you have gotten the whole game done and completed you could always probably go back and refinish it or add touch ups i dont know, never made a renp'y game myself. I resigned myself to the story aspects of a game and seeing where it can be improved.

As far as the mc being nameable 1. alot of m/f transformation games do this when showing the mentality of a male taking on a female transition. 2. patreon shouldnt have a problem with this since alot of the previous games are also on patreon as long as you dont make the relationship between the mc and the other members actual family.

Overall i think its good, but just as we both have mention it could be better.
Maybe i will have time to look into the "name your character" part when i am on vacation from my job. I have 2 weeks free time in July and i plan to work hard on "Space Travels" in this time. I could test it with the next version of this game and implement it into "School Transformation" too if it is practicable.

A fade to black screen could be done with photo shop and co. i guess. Because you can implement any "picture" into Ren´Py. I am doing my "Chapter 1" and "Stardate ****" Screens in Space Travels with Paint for example.

Jirina

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
I just started a poll about randomness in games. Feel free to join us and let us know on patreon what you think about RNG in games.
The poll is open for everyone and runs until the 5th July 2020. I hope to see much of you guys there.

Have fun until next time
Jirina

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote