iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
I didn't see the proposed 3d model for this game, but... this site has tons of bad 3d model trashfire games. Dozens upon dozens of them.

Some games do manage to do it well (Harem Hotel is... fine.) but a lot of them have some really creepy uncanny-valley blow-up-doll looking characters.
I have no idea which programs or posers are being used to make them, but they're near universally a sign of rushed no-effort game hoping to skate by on easy-to-use visuals in an attempt to rake in some easy patreon money.

You've actually put effort into this game, it shows. You really don't want your game to be associated with that sort of thing.
On the other hand, drawing is hard and commissioned art is expensive, so...

I unno. lol.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
You've actually put effort into this game, it shows. You really don't want your game to be associated with that sort of thing.
On the other hand, drawing is hard and commissioned art is expensive, so...
Let's see if I recall right
Harem Hotel uses Honey Select
Corrupted Kingdoms uses Koikatu
Long Live The Princess uses Daz Studio
Where The Heart Is uses Daz3D

Big problem with 3D Engines is the focus is primarily on the Girls were the Guys are rather limited and since this game has a wide range planned for both the sculptable antagonist (Female, Androgynous, Male) along with the options for the protagonist it's more likely to be commissioned art. Though to be fair a major benefit of 3D Engine art is it usually stays consistent and doesn't fluctuate much with the level of rum left in the bottle. Hopefully they find an artist who can draw cute characters to do this game justice. Probably also a good idea if they learn to layer images like in Four Elements Trainer otherwise the file size will inflate like a wild hog lol

Reactions: Mentos

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
So there was an update on their Patreon and I was curious enough to see what it contained. Since they only have 50 patrons contributing $143 per month (1-15-2020) I'll throw this info up for anyone that was curious as well.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
If the writer of this game teamed up with someone who could make decent visual art this game would be very popular. It's a shame that some games have shitty writing, but good visual art and other games have good visual art but shitty writing.

ChrisHaze

Nov 12, 2018
IDK if anybody else mentioned this, but your preview character reminded me so much of Rimworld and now I want to play it again... Rimworld that is.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018

I find it somewhat funny that you can starve the protagonist... Really at the moment they only need "The soup of the day" and "Dinner Date" otherwise the only thing you get for eating is losing money :unsure: Just on this fun run I had $700 in my wallet by working the protagonist like a dog, skipping almost every meal option, and I paid in full for the dinner.

Most other things I can think of are currently being voted on in the patreon poll
  • Advance the sexual relationship
  • Expand the world
  • Add more early events to slow the pace of the antagonist's acceptance
  • Advance the plot to do with the drama of the relationship
Went with the girlfriend route and I'm almost certain its a 5 to 1 ratio of how many times she came compared to the protagonist :LOL: besides the possible Future Content on the roadmap for pregnancy won't happen if she keeps swallowing.

Expanding the world in general would be nice otherwise when not having fun with the antagonist it's skip meals and working like a madman. Also being able to get the antagonist more casual gifts would be nice though it would also be funny if they get mad for spoiling them too much :ROFLMAO:

Last two kinda go together as the antagonist transitions from spitfire bully to tsundere friend is rather quick. Don't get me wrong I highly prefer the antagonist being cute it's just there isn't much in the way of that. They seem to swivel on a dime after the video and it seems somewhat odd that they don't have an itch to punch the protagonist as that used to be their favorite thing. Hell even when they start liking the protagonist there isn't a point when their old assertive aggressive personality shines through, the "they know what they want and how to get it" attitude though that might play more into femdom *shrugs*. At no point did I feel I had to use the video in defense after it was taken though some of those slap happy times from 0.9.0 would have been a good excuse even if I was being a jerk :sneaky:. Doesn't seem they were extorting money or food/drinks from the protagonist though viewing the debugger they never have any money either. Antagonist seems smart enough that I don't think homework was an issue.

While the conservative father seemed neat their friends even more so as just because the antagonist agreed to stop assaulting the protagonist doesn't mean their friends have and they would more likely notice the change in relationship dynamics.

Of course the antagonist sibling also sounds like a fun thing on the roadmap.

Welp that is enough rambling. Looking forward to 0.10.0 which the roadmap estimates to be released sometime around Jan 27

Reactions: DiscardedUnion

Slavemerchant

Dec 24, 2019
I being monitoring this game for some time. Still hoping for android version of it.... I am literally thinking buying a laptop to try this and a few others game at this point

Dooder

Aug 21, 2017
If the writer of this game teamed up with someone who could make decent visual art this game would be very popular. It's a shame that some games have shitty writing, but good visual art and other games have good visual art but shitty writing.
Shitty writing and good art. Sounds like 99% of all japanese h games.
I like this game for the writing and it just needs cg for more important stuff. The simple design of Sam when they talk is fine because it got that kinda simple charm.
Just would be enough to add the changes to the talking pictures when he changes, like some piercings when he/she gets pierced and such and simple looking clothes.

Last edited:

DiscardedUnion

Dev & Writer of Sculptor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
I being monitoring this game for some time. Still hoping for android version of it.... I am literally thinking buying a laptop to try this and a few others game at this point
An android version is planned, it needs some changes to fix up the UI, as unfortunately a few things break and it becomes unplayable pretty fast, but I can't see any reason it won't work. Appreciate your patience, and you'll hopefully see that soon.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Finally got around to trying this, the lacknof art has been the main factor for putting it aside.. So glad to finally see a game where we're the ones doing the sissyfication/femininization of someone else, a hard genre to come by it seams :/ Excellent concept, nicely written, a bit thin on content so far but the possibilities are endless.. will be looking to support this once ut gets some decent art going.

The simplistic art for the logo/header would probably be a great looking option.. or something along the lines of GGGB.. wouldn't take much to make this great. Cheers!

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
DiscardedUnion has there been any progress in the hunt for an artist? When and if you find one will you drop a line here as well just to let us know? Started following your patreon in the meantime to hopefully catch it on there as well. Happy hunting :)

DiscardedUnion

Dev & Writer of Sculptor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
DiscardedUnion has there been any progress in the hunt for an artist? When and if you find one will you drop a line here as well just to let us know? Started following your patreon in the meantime to hopefully catch it on there as well. Happy hunting :)
I actually just uploaded a preview for Patrons of the new sprites that will be in for 0.10.0 (the next release that will be out tomorrow for Patrons if all goes to plan—but it may get pushed by a day). That preview will go public the day after and then the 0.10.0 release (or a minor patch thereof) will be public as of the 31st.

Now we have those done, we'll be starting to work on the first custom scene artwork, which I'm sure people are looking forward to.

I'm also looking at getting a second artist lined up, given the growth of the Patreon, it may be necessary to alternate to get artwork done faster. Obviously that'll only be possible if there is enough income to pay them both, but we saw a lot of Patrons signing up, so I want to be ready if that continues.

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes