peeks1

Dec 30, 2021
Full Save: Kevorkian Horror Dark Souls esc. I hate this game in the same way I hate Dark Souls... I can beat it, but I don't enjoy beating it.

So you don't have to play this. I beat it. Put in appdata users local Luterella
i think the save downloud is borked for me it just opens up a new tab

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
Nice find. Definitely unused/unfinished.
Lets hope for a nice little update to fill in these only small gaps the game has.

I did notice what i thought to be a missing enemy, but i think its actually just the sprite that shows and repeats when you touch a bell.

For the ending tho, I'm unsure. I consider it a bit weak, but befitting of the tone of the game.
I would prefer some kind of alternate, a way to actually "end things" and not just end up repeating and already done many times before temporary fix to the "issue".
Similarity to dark souls endings.

...I do want answers about that chair and tree tho.

CBTWizard

Nov 11, 2019
Shame that only 1 enemy has a full-sized rape animation (Arachne and maaaybe the Door Key), really liked those in Setalia.

Also, Dwarves and holes....

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: funtimes2048

Nub123XXD

Mar 15, 2018
Up until the death trigger i was thinking "Oh man is this the same guy that made the setaria game?" and of course it is...

i love the sonic.exe face when you pause in the chair "simulation" stage, really yells at you to "Stop oogling at the booba and speedrun the game!!!"
tbh i prefer setalia since it uses the mouse more whereas this one is more conventional 2d side scroller combat. but it's still amazing and all that for only 80megs(only a few fullscreen animated scenes tho)

Also are there actual hidden stuff in the current version? (31 march?) it seems a little bit off....

Last edited:
Reactions: bebe2803

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
tbh i prefer setalia since it uses the mouse more whereas this one is more conventional 2d side scroller combat.
People kept mentioning the other game so i went back to play it.
Sure 360 degree aiming is nice n all but... thats literally the only good bit about it.
No dash, no defense, no melee.
Enemies dashing from off the screen quicker than you can reload a single bullet?

The difference in quality between the two games in night and day, restricting the gunplay to a 3 angle attack is a decent compromise for proper maneuverability, melee options and dashes.
Guns are a tool in the arsenal of Seal, not the only option. Flying enemies get knocked out of the sky.

Lets not forget the biggest part, the option to fuck your enemies yourself. Like holy shit gameplay wise, its right there. Im surprised the dev didnt just go "oh maybe a button to fuck the downed enemies might be a good idea?

In seal, you feel like a strong fast character clanging around a massive sword jumping and dashing all over the place with shotguns, lasers and machine guns.

In setalia you are a fucking peashooter from plants vs zombies.

Last edited:

Nub123XXD

Mar 15, 2018
---All---
I do agree it's a great compromise but the no melee option in setalia feels good as it puts more emphasis on movement and positioning rather than "get close and press attack" although yeah it makes the boss fights a "hold m1" situation. the upgrades also feel more impactful since you actually are the embodiment of puff-shroom at the start of the game and at the end of the game you waste 400k dollars every 12 seconds of shooting.

Yeah setalia is the be-

On second thought im leaning more into lutellaria, atleast death is slightly less traumatizing to proc/fight(and lose to :v)

Mar 31, 2018
i think it's very cool how this dev adds body horror branching from the same female body that you're supposed to be attracted to, but bc there's no real blood and bc they're just freaky lil mutants, it stays pretty palatable the whole way through.

it's definitely very weird seeing all the stuff this guy comes up with, its all very meaty and grotesque but not in enough of a way as to seriously be offputting, even with more extreme enemies like fake cleaner or the meet pillar and such. the entire chair section and everything after it is nuts, especially with how much this 'collaging of bodies' tends to appear visually after that. it also helps that nothing actually violent happens even with these weird guys, so it's cool that way too. very interesting art that kinda sticks with you bc it's legit creative

Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
I, personally, just like animations more in the first game. Second one just feels like a massive gameplay upgrade.

ManFile

Sep 27, 2019
I feel like there are a ton of Ruby clones everywhere aside from the last zone, such as Aracnhe, Death... I mean, same hairstyle I guess?

I was also wondering about the barricaded door, and checking comments does make me think there will be DLC. Perhaps if reception is good enough, we might even get something more than just a zone with different enemies.

As for my playstyle, I didn't bother with gun aside from level 10 single shot, which is there to bring down those pesky fliers from the sky. She has a stupid big gun glaive (most of the weapon is gun except for the sword sized bayonet), and I'm going to chop them nerds with her gun glaive. Although I kinda have to agree on the rather underwhelming upgrade system; there's a lot of levels but the gains are small, especially in higher, more expensive levels.

1680621867130.png
No ammo? No problem! Just swing it! (disclaimer: dodge mechanic is tied to ammo, so reload somewhere safe before running out!)

Last edited:

DudeBro79

Jun 8, 2020
I feel like there are a ton of Ruby clones everywhere aside from the last zone, such as Aracnhe, Death... I mean, same hairstyle I guess?

I was also wondering about the barricaded door, and checking comments does make me think there will be DLC. Perhaps if reception is good enough, we might even get something more than just a zone with different enemies.

As for my playstyle, I didn't bother with gun aside from level 10 single shot, which is there to bring down those pesky fliers from the sky. She has a stupid big gun glaive (most of the weapon is gun except for the sword sized bayonet), and I'm going to chop them nerds with her gun glaive. Although I kinda have to agree on the rather underwhelming upgrade system; there's a lot of levels but the gains are small, especially in higher, more expensive levels.

View attachment 2520364
No ammo? No problem! Just swing it! (disclaimer: dodge mechanic is tied to ammo, so reload somewhere safe before running out!)
Just in case you didn't realize, if you successfully parry and connect with the 5x bonus attack after it, that will auto-reload your gun.

I have a similar melee-heavy playstyle to you, but the majority of my ammo goes toward dash or shot canceling. If I need to deal with spread-out crowds, the Laser is my ranged weapon of choice.

I also agree that the upgrade system is a bit weak since it's mostly just small number increases. I would love for a proper metroidvania progression or skill tree system in a future title.

Reactions: ManFile

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
Just in case you didn't realize, if you successfully parry and connect with the 5x bonus attack after it, that will auto-reload your gun.

I have a similar melee-heavy playstyle to you, but the majority of my ammo goes toward dash or shot canceling. If I need to deal with spread-out crowds, the Laser is my ranged weapon of choice.

I also agree that the upgrade system is a bit weak since it's mostly just small number increases. I would love for a proper metroidvania progression or skill tree system in a future title.
I like a "slash n dash" playstyle, combined with parries to refuel.
I think i pushed Area 3 to level 130? last night doing it, enemies start to hit like a truck and it only takes a couple of mistakes to end you.

The upgrade system does/did feel a little weak. The upgrades seem to manage to keep pace with the areas you are in but to a degree that they feel lackluster. If you go backwards to grind you really feel the weight of the upgrades.
I also think the money system could numerically be swapped for an XP system and it would be fine.

Squall14

Oct 2, 2021
(sploilers) If you played Monster hunter with Greatsword you can play this lol. Seriously, whats the deal with the fairy spawning at the menu screen when you finish the game and what about the barricaded door, anyone know? Squall14 End game.png

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
View attachment 2520370

How to go on from here? I cant find the way in
I remember that section in the trial being a pain in the but to navigate. It looks like you haven't fucked the statue you are standing right in front of, which should unlock the door above it. How to get back around, I can't tell you off the top of my head, but make sure you don't forget to unlock doors if you have the opportunity like you do here.

Reactions: johnsmith001
4.70 star(s) 53 Votes