3.40 star(s) 16 Votes

Deleted member 770309

Jul 23, 2018
Simp is not at all like "Karen" or "ok Boomer". I don't use the term at all, really (though I agree with everyone here who thinks the MC is a total idiot). Kinkshaming is wrong. The other two aren't anything like that. Stale, maybe? But nothing like kinkshaming
The MC is a pure dumb shit and the girls are gold digging cunts nothing about that is kink shaming just speaking the truth.

Last edited:

hvarbo

Jul 10, 2018
Also, personally I don't like femdom when the only motivation for the girl are guy's money, imo there should be smth more (even the simple but sincere enjoyment from seeing male humiliated);
I don't know how much I'm reading into things, but when I played through the whole chapter I felt that the belief that Katrina was just going for your money was wrong. First of all, she isn't like Emily, where her career was moving downwards, she had nearly completed her PhD in 3 years so she would almost undoubtedly be successful on her own, maybe not to the point where she'd be a millionaire in the next year but almost certainly to the point where money wouldn't be too much of an issue for her.

Katrina used to think of herself at the top of that group, she was the most successful, she had you drooling for her, and she was the most influential in the group generally (for instance Kendra's toxic bikini was her idea). Now that you become a millionaire, now you're suddenly more successful than her and even the dynamics of the group shifted, as you're now at the center of attention of each girl. The money is certainly a welcome bonus, but seeing that even when you went ahead of her, she can still make you kneel for her, must be so satisfying for her.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I don't know how much I'm reading into things, but when I played through the whole chapter I felt that the belief that Katrina was just going for your money was wrong. First of all, she isn't like Emily, where her career was moving downwards, she had nearly completed her PhD in 3 years so she would almost undoubtedly be successful on her own, maybe not to the point where she'd be a millionaire in the next year but almost certainly to the point where money wouldn't be too much of an issue for her.

Katrina used to think of herself at the top of that group, she was the most successful, she had you drooling for her, and she was the most influential in the group generally (for instance Kendra's toxic bikini was her idea). Now that you become a millionaire, now you're suddenly more successful than her and even the dynamics of the group shifted, as you're now at the center of attention of each girl. The money is certainly a welcome bonus, but seeing that even when you went ahead of her, she can still make you kneel for her, must be so satisfying for her.
Katrina has never had any interest in the MC. The only reason she has interest in him now is his success and his money. Sure she's on her way to her PhD, but PhDs in Psychology don't make a whole hell of a lot. So MC's fortune is surely still attractive to her. If she can dominate the MC, I suppose she may gain some level of personal fulfillment/worth out of that. However, what does she gain if she fails to dominate MC? I didn't choose to "kneel" for her...

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
Katrina was just going for your money was wrong. First of all, she isn't like Emily, where her career was moving downwards, she had nearly completed her PhD in 3 years so she would almost undoubtedly be successful on her own, maybe not to the point where she'd be a millionaire in the next year but almost certainly to the point where money wouldn't be too much of an issue for her.
Well, she never treated MC like that before, so it was definitely motivated by his money. It's more like control/humiliation is a bonus or - how I perceived it - she tries to dominate him only to get free, unlimited access to his money. Plus, MC has - as Glooskabe mentioned - option not to submit to her and she still comes after him, or rather after his money. Also, she was the first of the girls to decide to instead of dumping MC, use him for his money. So, that's my take on her character.

Reactions: Aelth

hvarbo

Jul 10, 2018
Katrina has never had any interest in the MC. The only reason she has interest in him now is his success and his money.
Well, she never treated MC like that before, so it was definitely motivated by his money.
I think you're both missing the point. I never said she was interested in the MC before. She thought he was a common loser, no better than any of the tens of guys she came across in one of her normal days. Why would she bother with him? The fact that the MC turned out to be rich and successful, even more successful than she was, changed that. Women don't have to benefit to be drawn to successful men. Think how many more women would be willing to have a one night stand (so no benefits down the line) with a not too handsome person if that person was a movie or rock star.

Sure she's on her way to her PhD, but PhDs in Psychology don't make a whole hell of a lot.
She doesn't just say that she's on her way to her PhD, she says she was racing towards her goal of becoming one of the most successful Psychologists of all time. And you can be the most successful of all time of almost anything and it would probably mean that you'd eventually become a millionaire. Also keep in mind that she's presented as a master at manipulating people. She could be out clubbing every night and not pay a dollar. Money is a lot less useful when you can already get people to do what you want.

However, what does she gain if she fails to dominate MC? I didn't choose to "kneel" for her...
I have absolutely no idea. I'm a big fan of femdom, so that route was the most appealing to me. I don't know what exactly happens in the other route so I can't make a good analysis of why she chooses to stay with the MC, but my guess is that being after his money makes even less sense when she sees that the MC is willing to stand up to her and refuses to give her money. If I had to choose a reason, it would be what I said earlier. Women are drawn to success. You proved you're not a dime a dozen and being even more successful than her (when she's obviously pretty confident in herself) has made you intriguing to her.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
eh, I don't like to let my mc be dominated, that said I'm enjoying this vn. Not every guy starts off with confidence, it truly does add sex appeal when one has it. I enjoy seeing my mc go from "nice guy" to the man. Best wishes on this vn. Love the look of the LIs. Looking forward to my mc doing a little dominating as well. Hope this goes to completion:)

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
finished the whole chapter now and I got to say I'm even more of a fan. I was pre Hawaii last post. This is a very unique and original take on a harem vn for me. I truly looking forward to it. I know there will always be posters that nit pik but for me, I'm excited to see the changes in the relationships and how it all comes together. Again best of luck with this...

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
Women don't have to benefit to be drawn to successful men.
But isn't she with him exaclty because she wants benefits? She is clearly in for the money, so her benefits are material and - if you activate femdom route - with an added bonus of humiliating the guy, but money are clearly #1 reason here. If you say that she's with him because she's turned on by domming/having sex with more successful guys then her "I want more money" attitude doesn't make sense, especially on non-femdom route.

TBH I'd prefer is she (on femdom route) would say to MC that she's going to take/use his money and he's going to let her because he's going to submit - simple as that. It'd be imo slightly better take on the situation; more humiliating and more honest, but not very interesting to me personally unfortunately as I'm not into findom at all.

Think how many more women would be willing to have a one night stand (so no benefits down the line) with a not too handsome person if that person was a movie or rock star.
Isn't that also a benefit in itself? You have sex with someone because you want to, so the sex with that person is a benefit you acquire in this kind of situation. Of course sex with famous people has more to do with being in bed with a star/bragging rights or simply being turned on by the status of the person, but there are always benefits, even if very short-term ones sometimes or non-material (satisfaction from having sex with a star, ability to use this to impress others, etc.).

she says she was racing towards her goal of becoming one of the most successful Psychologists of all time. And you can be the most successful of all time of almost anything and it would probably mean that you'd eventually become a millionaire.
Well, she may be racing towards being the most successful banker and it wouldn't change the situation. Working towards smth doesn't mean you will acquire it. She may be successful in the future, but she very well may be not, nothing is set in stone. And when you say that she may be partying with other people's money (as in acquiring material benefits from them), then she's doing it already with MC's money in the game anyway. That means she's manipulating others in order to get access to their money, so in other words money are her goal (benefit) in relationship(s).

Last edited:

Mauser45

Nov 6, 2017
The MC is a pure dumb shit and the girls are gold dogging cunts nothing about that is kink shaming just speaking the truth.
Yeah. I completely agree.

I think that user had an issue with the word "simp", which I have absolutely NO real idea about, just making a point that kinkshaming, IF related to calling someone a simp, isn't the same as calling out a Karen etc.

But yes, the MC is fucking stupid and honestly? Fuck (not in the good way) ALL of these characters

hvarbo

Jul 10, 2018
If you say that she's with him because she's turned on by domming/having sex with more successful guys then her "I want more money" attitude doesn't make sense, especially on non-femdom route.
This doesn't make any sense. She doesn't say "I want more money" in the non-femdom route. She says "I want more money" and if you accept you go femdom route, if you don't you go to the non-femdom route. And saying she's solely after the money where the non-femdom (and I'll venture a guess, no-findom) route is a thing, doesn't make sense either. You've shown her that you're willing to stand up to her and refused to give her money, why bother with you instead of searching for an easier mark?

Isn't that also a benefit in itself? You have sex with someone because you want to, so the sex with that person is a benefit you acquire in this kind of situation. Of course sex with famous people has more to do with being in bed with a star/bragging rights or simply being turned on by the status of the person, but there are always benefits, even if very short-term ones sometimes or non-material (satisfaction from having sex with a star, ability to use this to impress others, etc.).
Yeah, that's how everything works, you do stuff because you want to do them, because they satisfy a need, or because they make you feel good inside. The point of contention was why she become interested in the MC, if it was just the money or if the fact that he became a successful man instead of a nobody also played a part in her taking a second look at him.

And when you say that she may be partying with other people's money (as in acquiring material benefits from them), then she's doing it already with MC's money in the game anyway. That means she's manipulating others in order to get access to their money, so in other words money are her goal (benefit) in relationship(s).
I think relationships might be the key word here. She doesn't need to be someone's gf in order to take their money. The MC even joked that if Katrina payed him back all she owed him then he wouldn't have needed to make a game. In the femdom route, all she had to do was partially strip and you instantly agreed to pay 30k extra. She can and has taken your money without being in a relationship.

But isn't she with him exaclty because she wants benefits? She is clearly in for the money, so her benefits are material and - if you activate femdom route - with an added bonus of humiliating the guy, but money are clearly #1 reason here.
For me money is clearly a reason here. But it's not clear it's the #1 reason. Again, on the femdom route she has shown you how easy it was to take your money. And in the talk you have at the end, she never said she couldn't get you or your money. She said that she could have slept with you at the cafe or any night after, but because Kendra was your #1 if she just seduced you then nobody would be happy. It doesn't feel like someone who's only concerned about money would care about anyone's happiness.

Reactions: Aelth

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
You've shown her that you're willing to stand up to her and refused to give her money, why bother with you instead of searching for an easier mark?
That is the question. She obviously - on non-femdom route - is content with accepting lower amount of money, which makes her seem even more desperate for it imo. Moreover in this case there's no difference between her being interested in MC because he got money or because he's a successful man now, since him becoming successful equals him having more money equals him being interesting for her.

She can and has taken your money without being in a relationship.
So, you're confirming that she wanted money, and even if that was not her main motivation (to which I don't fully agree), it was definitely one of the defining factors (if not THE defining factor), so I believe the term 'gold-digger' is not abused in her case. Plus in my posts about her I didn't criticize her greed as much as her dishonesty; it is that trait that makes me (and, it seems, some other players too) dislike her and other characters in the game. Also, by relationship I didn't mean her being someone's gf but having any kind of relation/connection with other people (as in the way in which two or more people or groups regard and behave towards each other).

Yeah, that's how everything works, you do stuff because you want to do them, because they satisfy a need, or because they make you feel good inside.
Of course. My writing about the issue was motivated by the fact that you wrote in your previous post: " Women don't have to benefit to be drawn to successful men. Think how many more women would be willing to have a one night stand (so no benefits down the line) with a not too handsome person if that person was a movie or rock star. " and now you seem to agree with me that they indeed satisfy their needs by doing so, that is to say benefit (albeit not always materially) from such actions.

In all honesty though I feel like we're putting much more thought into her character than the dev did :)

Last edited:

nasam

Oct 18, 2017
First thing first: Interesting game, can't wait to see how it goes!

I've read the comments about the simp protagonist.
Thank you for reading the comments and listening to the players!
Don't let people change your game, butread and see if there is good advice to better convey what you want to convey.

I mean, I understand your thinking there. However, what's your plan to make these girls more attractive LIs, both to the MC and to the players?
Your whole message was great, there needs to be more work on the girls to make it easier to like them. Maybe tone down the golddigging a little bit or something.

For me money is clearly a reason here. But it's not clear it's the #1 reason
This is very true! Problem is you have to get to the end of the game to get there, and by the post exchange not ebveryone perceives it. As you do, I believe she decided to stay because now that she is not #1 (nor in success among the group of friends and not in the race for the MC)she wants to try herself.

Now my own insight: (I think this is going to be a long ass message, so sorry in advance. Hope Obrecht13 gets to read it and finds something helpful here.

First about Kendra, If you wnt her to be the likeable/not-golddigger one I would suggest one thing: Don't make her be the one that suggest ditching the MC, instead make her dubious when someone else suggests it maybe saying they should instead find another way to help him. It's ok if she ends up accepting their plan, but show some resistance instead of being the one that comes up with the plan. As for whom should be the one to suggest it, I think it makes sense if it is Katrina (she later ontells the MC she was planning to ditch everyone, so it's reasonable).

Then about Emily, which is my true #2 (since you never confessed to herthe relationship never got awkward and she's been away from you because she is too consumed with her "job" so it's a little excusable). Again, you can make her a little unsure about the whole thing when Katrina suggest ditching the MC and that would make her more likeable (even if she joins in the plan, after all weknow Katrina is good at manipulating all ofthem).

Regarding Katrina, try to make it more clear that she is interested in the challenge and the power dynamic of being the #1 (either in money, success or romance) early on and make it clear in the last scene of chapter 1 that she wants more than moeny. That would make her moreinteresting than just another golddiger.

About GinaI think it's ok that she did't care much about ditching the MC, they were never close. Maybe you can tone down a little how clingy she gets. Make it look like she suddenly is interested in the MC, not just that she is throwing herself at him for the money.

Regarding the MC, after he has the talk with Kendra make him have a more vivid reaction, maybe add some inner dialog of him considering calling the whole thing off, then stop himself and say that maybe he can use the oportunity to rekindle with them and show themyou are worth it not foryour money but for the man you can become now or something, be less compliant afterwards. Maybe even change a little bit the dialogue with the other girls the first week depending on wheter you spoke with Kendra before. So he can be more distant and serious if you already spoke with her.

Keeping on the topic of dialog changes based on your choices, as some people pointed out, make the decisions we made on the first week have some impact once they are on Hawaii.You don't have to add more renders or change the whole dialogs, just have some lines that change depending on what you chose.

Finally,you don't have to hurry up showing much sex and the girls suddenlybeing bimbos for the MC. Take it easy and develop their charcter and the story. In the long run it will make the sexy scenes more enjoyable.

As I and others said, it is your game, so you don't have to do any of that, but I think it may be useful. I'm really liking the game anyway and we'll be looking forward for the next update! Cheers!

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
First, realize that calling anyone pathetic or a simp this early in the game is jumping the gun. Are all but one of them definitely there as gold digging whores? Yup. Is the only other one possibly a gold digging whore? Sure, maybe. Still, it counts that she didn't want to go but was pressured in by the other girls and literally told the MC that she didn't like him because he was pathetic. The instant he started being more assertive she started changing her tune.

That said, it's very, very early in the story. We don't know what the author intends. There is a domination route available iirc, so there's the possibility of punishing these girls for being the gold diggers they obviously are.

This is called character growth. It happens over the course of a story. I know, it's not something you see in most games like this, but it does happen rarely.

Reactions: nasam

Memetic Hazard

Oct 12, 2019
Ch 2 released to public on the authors' patreon page

PC:
MAC:

"Changelog and Dev Notes for Chapter 2:

200+ Renders
1 Animation
A couple more days in Hawaii
Opportunities to stand up for yourself if you feel like you are being used (or not).

If you want to go full Katrina Dom route please redo the plane scene where she takes you in the bathroom on the plane in chapter 1. I missed a variable there.

Don't save during the animation. Once the game gets too large I will probably change the coding and how those pictures are stored."

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 16 Votes