mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
I think what the issue with Patreon is, some people pledge, download game and then unpledge, so the creator will not get anything.
I do understand him in one way, he is not earning 4k like Dark Silver or does not have charge up front enabled.
If he would have more supporters, i suppose he would not mind to share his game or public release after 2 months
It's no more like this, you can pledge today like me yesterday but you cant donwload anything becouse they dont take your money immediarely but from the 1 next month.

Reactions: 401Grem

honda

Nov 25, 2016
Ok, even if the game has a so-called ID, then what?
Since it's scripting in Python, the game itself may send a host specific info to the author and that's it.
So, the leaker just needs to warn all the folks out there that they should disconnect from the internet when they want to play. No big deal.

cccjjj

Apr 12, 2017
Ok, even if the game has a so-called ID, then what?
Since it's scripting in Python, the game itself may send a host specific info to the author and that's it.
So, the leaker just needs to warn all the folks out there that they should disconnect from the internet when they want to play. No big deal.
It's probably more like a user ID that's hidden in the files. Basically he'll find the link and the corresponding user ID within. What I don't understand is how is he distributing this? If you're not logging in to use it that means he's uploading 30 separate archives for each $10 supporter? I somehow doubt that. Does the ID actually exist? I can't imagine it does if he's sending the same link to every supporter.

Unless patreon has some special support for this?

honda

Nov 25, 2016
What I don't understand is how is he distributing this?
through PMs
i wasn't able to find a game link behind the paywall only a couple of patch files for those who want some cheats
he's uploading 30 separate archives for each $10 supporter?
why is that so? the code can generate pretty unique ID by hash functions, using PC unique data, whatever.

or it's just a lie to scare patrons off sharing it. haha.
I can't imagine it does if he's sending the same link to every supporter.
you better do, because Malice and Machine guys do that and i haven't seen a link to the update in about a year.

cccjjj

Apr 12, 2017
through PMs
i wasn't able to find a game link behind the paywall only a couple of patch files for those who want some cheats

why is that so? the code can generate pretty unique ID by hash functions, using PC unique data, whatever.

or it's just a lie to scare patrons off sharing it. haha.

you better do, because Malice and Machine guys do that and i haven't seen a link to the update in about a year.
Malise is just slow, they're redoing the engine too. Last update was Feb. 5th 2017ish though so wasn't that long ago.

And what I mean is, you cant link a patreon account to a randomly generated code unless you already linked them beforehand. Otherwise you just made a bunch of randomly generated codes that mean nothing to the dev. If your computer generated 999999, what does that mean in regards to your patreon account? He'd have to do it based on time, in that case, like say after sending these people the link I got a sudden influx of users. But that would take more than one release to narrow the leak down.

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
If i'm not wrong kickbutt upload last version 0.4 here, where is him?
About the ID i think is more simple, VNorth send the link via email to his 30 supporter. They must connect via hes email to the game. Whit a simple counter he can know who downloand and give to each download different ID.

honda

Nov 25, 2016
do you really want me to go full technical on how to do that?
coz i can but i don't think that explanations will get us any near to getting 0.5

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Moreover if we fail here i'm about sure 2-3 days more and the game will be shared in svscomics. I can download from there and share here.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
If i'm not wrong kickbutt upload last version 0.4 here, where is him?
About the ID i think is more simple, VNorth send the link via email to his 30 supporter. They must connect via hes email to the game. Whit a simple counter he can know who downloand and give to each download different ID.
I thought it was @Xand91 . Hmmm, @kickbutt, could you help us?

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Moreover if we fail here i'm about sure 2-3 days more and the game will be shared in svscomics. I can download from there and share here.
Yup, but the problem is fileboom/keep2share's speed. If the game weights about 1Gb, it would take 4 hours minimum to get it...provided that there's no interruption from their damn servers.

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Yup, but the problem is fileboom/keep2share's speed. If the game weights about 1Gb, it would take 4 hours minimum to get it...provided that there's no interruption from their damn servers.
I'm Uploaded subscriver, it take 10 minutes for me download the game.

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Send me the latest file and I'll crack it pretty sharpish. I'll delete the "ID" and any personally identifiable information from it.

Thank you, the problem is we don't have the file so far....

komgsd

Jun 9, 2017
I think what the issue with Patreon is, some people pledge, download game and then unpledge, so the creator will not get anything.
I do understand him in one way, he is not earning 4k like Dark Silver or does not have charge up front enabled.
If he would have more supporters, i suppose he would not mind to share his game or public release after 2 months
I think they are just greedy and don't see what other developers do, the twist is free with a small delay and KST get 6.000 to 7.000 per month.

Reactions: H2S

Carlo S

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
May 20, 2017
I dont think is a lost battle, we are 35 supporter 10$ all around the world, who signed this month cant download 05, the rest maybe are all scared? What can appened if they know who share? If they ban you, you stop pledge, so? I think also VNorth is doing all this to protect supporter but he know very well is a battle lost but at least had to try...
You're right My friend I'm also not lucky, everyone is afraid of being discovered and having some retaliation.

Carlo S

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
May 20, 2017
I think they are just greedy and don't see what other developers do, the twist is free with a small delay and KST get 6.000 to 7.000 per month.
You have reason, but everyone try in one way or another slow down everyone that are trying, even if are just a little time, maybe hours.

3.00 star(s) 66 Votes