• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Secret Boss: New Neighbours [v0.2] [PaperBoyProductions]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Will be following this game and paperboy productions. Short but interesting start to the game, looking forward to more content. The potential is there.
Nice to see the work continue.. Not gonna blast hard because the game does have it's merrits.. BUT I wish you would get rid of the.. You want 5 million? I'll give you six. scene.. either go lower or just agree to the price. It's a really out of charactor move.. I can live with the fat dude being a handsy jerk.. by thinking the MC is pretending not to be the boss and wants to see more interaction between everyone before he steps in and tells the 'acting boss' to end it or get rid of the manager. I like the renders.. a couple of typos spotted but nothing I can point out without going back.. nothing earth shattering. I'm at the same place as before tbh.. Interesting game and looking forward to more.. 5/10 with plenty of upside potential.

Reactions: PaperboyP

PaperboyP

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2020
Nice to see the work continue.. Not gonna blast hard because the game does have it's merrits.. BUT I wish you would get rid of the.. You want 5 million? I'll give you six. scene.. either go lower or just agree to the price. It's a really out of charactor move.. I can live with the fat dude being a handsy jerk.. by thinking the MC is pretending not to be the boss and wants to see more interaction between everyone before he steps in and tells the 'acting boss' to end it or get rid of the manager. I like the renders.. a couple of typos spotted but nothing I can point out without going back.. nothing earth shattering. I'm at the same place as before tbh.. Interesting game and looking forward to more.. 5/10 with plenty of upside potential.
Yeah that is one of the first things I changed for the coming update. Thank you for your input.

Reactions: BarbarrossaNA
D

Deleted member 2043115

The models look good and unique (not the standard ones you keep seeing in many of these games), BUT their expressions are blank. You probably need to work on that as they look like dolls in some pics.

And THANK YOU for the proper story description that gives me an actual idea of what the setup to the story is.

ianpac

Oct 31, 2018
Awesome game!! Interesting story and the models look great. Cant wait to see more will definitely be watching this game!

crisbr

Mar 12, 2018
i have to say this i loved this game his story is fantastic and the characters are wonderful and very beautiful and hot

ShiroOkami2

Mar 14, 2020
PaperBoyProductions . I dont want seem like Im trying to rush you, but your game got me at the edge...only very few others have me like that, and like with them getting impatient please release again, with cherry on top...game play, plot and renders here are very well done. If you havent played you should and if you can please support the dev he is making something great here

PaperboyP

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2020
Bro I can’t tell you how happy I am that there are people like you that like this project of mine as I almost gave up thinking of what’s the point if no one would like it. I just got too much stuff going on in my life and if this does not get support, then who cares really.. but I got a few Patreon supporters already that keeps me going and it would be a disservice to them if I just quit and comments like yours really energises me. Believe me, I want to update every month but my laptop just cannot render as fast as I want it too as I don’t want to give an update of only 60 renders. I am trying to update as fast as I can and I am rendering as I write this too lol but anyway thank you so much for your comments bro it means so much to me.. I will allocate as much of my time on this project to give an update as quickly as I can.

P.S. I lost a Patreon supporter just recently lol probably because I update so slow… Oh well… we'll see what happens…

Last edited:

x0run

Mar 27, 2019
Bro I can’t tell you how happy I am that there are people like you that like this project of mine as I almost gave up thinking of what’s the point if no one would like it. I just got too much stuff going on in my life and if this does not get support, then who cares really.. but I got a few Patreon supporters already that keeps me going and it would be a disservice to them if I just quit and comments like yours really energises me. Believe me, I want to update every month but my laptop just cannot render as fast as I want it too as I don’t want to give an update of only 60 renders. I am trying to update as fast as I can and I am rendering as I write this too lol but anyway thank you so much for your comments bro it means so much to me.. I will allocate as much of my time on this project to give an update as quickly as I can.

P.S. I lost a Patreon supporter just recently lol probably because I update so slow… Oh well… we'll see what happens…

You can do it! It's a hobby so don't feel too pressured. It would be a shame if you stopped it but us fans will ultimately understand!

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017

I really think this project should have more traction/support, but I'm not hugely surprised since the more interesting games on here usually have a hard time getting support for some reason. Some quite awful games, subpar renders, poor story, are among the biggedt earners and it baffles me still.. I'm part of the problem since I'm not supporting you either :/ I found the intro interesting and enjoyable I see alot of potential here but I have some presets for supporting which I tend to stick too with few exceptions.
- I want to see atleast 3, 4 consistent updates.
- weekly/biweekly progression updates, nothing fancy but signs of life/communication.
There are a shit ton of projects floating around ranging from total crap to gems and far from everything is worth supporting. This serves as a benchmark of sorts since most devs who are worth supporting are the ones that love their project enough to get it done regardless of support.. dunno if this makes much srnse to you but I hope to see you kerp it up so I get an excuse to support your project down the line. I'm keeping close tabs on this one hoping it will pan out :)

Pardon the excessive rant, mostly wanted to wish you luck and send some positive vibes. Cheers

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017

Hi Guys, So I have been losing supporters lately, and I am not sure if I should continue this in future as I really can’t give out an update every month. It is just not possible given the amount of things I got going on in my life and my weak set up. At most is every month and a half. It just sucks looking at my page after school or work that instead of getting supporters I instead lose some lol. But to the ones that stayed, thank you guys, man.. I would have dropped this project without you.. Anyway, I made some changes to Venus as I think she looks better on this new version of the model and as for the games new version, hopefully I can finish it in a week or so. Again thank you so much guys for your support and please stay with me on this. Take care guys and stay safe.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Personally I kinda like the before, darker, dirtier.. but for the majority of players I reckon the after will be more appealing.
I honestly think it will take some time to build an audience since it differs from the vanilla/harem/faucest which are so popular around here.. I do hope you keep at it PaperboyP, if you do I reckon it will turn for you, but the grind is real, most games/devs don't succeed overnight, no point in sugarcoating it.. Once you get this out I'll join your patreon, even if you deceide to stop after this you still deserve some support for the effort so far. Hopefully it won't come to that and you will go on to develop a succeesful title :) best of luck now.

Have you considered "banners" (can't recall the correctvterm) for members to put in their signatures..? Seems lika a silly thing but it can't hurt, all puplicity is welcome you know.. just a though

PaperboyP

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2020
Personally I kinda like the before, darker, dirtier.. but for the majority of players I reckon the after will be more appealing.
I honestly think it will take some time to build an audience since it differs from the vanilla/harem/faucest which are so popular around here.. I do hope you keep at it PaperboyP, if you do I reckon it will turn for you, but the grind is real, most games/devs don't succeed overnight, no point in sugarcoating it.. Once you get this out I'll join your patreon, even if you deceide to stop after this you still deserve some support for the effort so far. Hopefully it won't come to that and you will go on to develop a succeesful title :) best of luck now.

Have you considered "banners" (can't recall the correctvterm) for members to put in their signatures..? Seems lika a silly thing but it can't hurt, all puplicity is welcome you know.. just a though
Hey man, thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate it. Reading comments like yours motivates me so much and inspires me to keep going and improve. As far as the Banners are concerned, I'm not really familiar with it, but I might look into it after the next release.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Hey man, thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate it. Reading comments like yours motivates me so much and inspires me to keep going and improve. As far as the Banners are concerned, I'm not really familiar with it, but I might look into it after the next release.
You should hit up Krull about those, he's a king among men when it comes to that :)
Cheers mate

Sheppard3rd

Jul 2, 2017

I think you lose not the really suppot i think ita because people losing jobs or covid is raging.. i like this game has a lot of potential!

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
As was mentioned. Sure some patron losses will happen, A. People die, B. People lose interest, C. People lose disposable income.

2 of those you can't do anything about. 1 of them you might be able to, just with nice posts and things like that.

The idea of "Undercover Boss" as a game is novel. The original writing left a lot to be desired.

The biggest thing here, is you wanted to create a story, at that point it shouldn't be about if you have 1k patrons or 0, it should be you have a story you want to tell, and you would like others to see it. Just continue on it as a hobby and put out things when you can.

Post some images here, have it a link to your thread/patreon, ask for help on making them better if you want. Remember advertising is huge in getting your stuff in the people's hands.
https://f95zone.to/threads/daz3d-art-show-us-your-dazskill.4764/

Some tutorials
https://f95zone.to/threads/my-daz-assets-tutorials-and-other-stuff.28038/

There are a bunch of other helpful things on this site, assets, tutorials, etc.

Also hit up here for some sigs.

https://f95zone.to/threads/post-your-signatures-here.17387/

leftysdivebar

Aug 19, 2016
I really enjoy this game. The concept is unique, the renders are solid and the models are not ones used over and over.

However, that being said I am a little confused about this update. I grabbed v0.2 and loaded my last save. Katrina had just knocked over my TV, after picking it up the MC passed out. He woke up, told her to leave and fell asleep while grabbing some cheek, then there was a short Katrina scene the next day and the game ended.

It seemed odd that an update would be so short, so I tried starting over from the beginning. Perhaps content was added or changed earlier in the story. I progressed trough the story, but the game did not have the broken TV scene. Instead it ended with the MC waking up in a 'strange' house, hiding behind a bed and seeing Venus topless...

Am I seeing different endings based on the choices I am making?

EDIT: Pretty sure there are different endings based on choices, I just clicked a different dialog option and saw an entirely new scene with Charlotte. This game is rad.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 3 Votes