VN Ren'Py Abandoned Secret Boss: New Neighbours [v0.2] [PaperBoyProductions]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

DarkAssassin

I, for one, welcome our new android overlords.
Modder
Donor
Nov 2, 2017
Here is my unofficial android port of Secret Boss: New Neighbours - v0.2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Grant permission for 2nd persistent save location.

Join my

Hysni

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2020
Hmm reboot ? i played before same ending
hope gets new updates and Mc can have some fun :p

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
The story is interesting. Models and renders are good and very sharp. The dialogue in the beginning was weird and very aggressive. It toned down later. I look forward to the next update when it appears.

Purple Lagoon

Jun 14, 2020
So I just played it, and I liked it. Hasn't got a lot of content for now though.

Good things:
+ Models have unique faces. This gives them a lot of personality already from the start.
+ Katrina's legs... man! I never considered myself a 'leg man', but dayum! I'm in love!
+ Dev puts effort in trying to write a good story, and make the characters believable.

Not so good things:
- Sometimes the pacing of the scenes is a bit weird... I don't know how to explain it, but it feels like you always have to put in one or two extra clicks to get the scenes going. Idk maybe just a personal thing.
- More choices, or more ways to respond in dialogue, to add a personal flavor. I'm not feeling very attached to the MC at the moment. Dialogues are not bad, but I feel they could be improved a lot.
Also the choices are not always very clear. A few times I choose something and had to instant rewind ("no this is not what I meant to do/say!")

Random things:
  • Charlotte gets introduced - good looking redhead - and already the next day she goes to the barber and changes her hair. Why? Just why? Was that a patreon vote or something? I thought she looked good the way she did.
  • As I read here in the forum some people don't like the MC for being too passive/easy going. I didn't have a real problem with it. But I agree he could have more personality.
  • There were some tiny hints at humor (or almost humor), which could be greatly improved imho. For instance when Katrina jokes at the MC and says "Alexander you really should provide your workers with the equipment they need to do their job, you know", he just answers "Yeah I'm so sorry about that". Really felt like a missed opportunity to me. He could have made all sort of witty replies to that, getting the player more involved.
So that's it. Good luck to the dev, you're doing a great thing.

Reactions: RedBone and Zenae

Qwert99

Mar 2, 2018
Very nice renders, coherent story, MC seems reasonable, no random bullshit.

One thing though is the amount of renders made for one scene. While with experienced developers with teams and plenty of time on their hand I like very detailed scenes, it feels like you could cut production time in half if you didn't document every eyebrow movement of the characters and reused some assets in scenes where for example someone is sitting in the same position during the entire time.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Hm, writing is okay, though there were a few points where it appeared amateurish.

Some of the characters are good, some are just completely overdone.

The renders in general aren't really good, some of the women look okay-ish, some rather bland or ugly. The worst is Katrina's mom who supposedly looks so great and yet, I wouldn't look twice at her, if I met her.

The only one's that actually looked alright are Katrina and Charlotte (though that new haircolour? Meh.)

One thing that really made me laugh was a) Katrina fainting for no fucking reason at all. I mean, she was caught and all that could have happened was a little fall, who gets unconscious because of that? And b) same scene, where MC complains about his hurting back, when catching and carrying one little young woman for like 5 seconds. How out of shape would you have to be for that?

All in all, this isn't bad and definitely has potential to grow, but to become in any way good it really HAS to grow.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Very nice renders, coherent story, MC seems reasonable, no random bullshit.

One thing though is the amount of renders made for one scene. While with experienced developers with teams and plenty of time on their hand I like very detailed scenes, it feels like you could cut production time in half if you didn't document every eyebrow movement of the characters and reused some assets in scenes where for example someone is sitting in the same position during the entire time.
Seconded. That was one of my minor nitpick. No need to click the screen ten times for a character to knock on a door.

Agent Cooper

Sep 30, 2017
Can't say I'm impressed with this update. Literally MC passes out, MC gets talked about, MC wakes up....the end.
My toughts exactly.

This is not an update, or not worthy of calling a 0.2 version. Does anyone know what happened with this dev?

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes