Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
I finished the first chapter and so far I like the game. I liked the characters and how unique they feel, but I think Helena is my current favorite right now. I can see what Skeltom was talking about when he said, "it has a pretty poor introduction to the plot..." With that being said, I did like the intro. The beginning was a little confusing (the black screen), but it started making sense when you talk to the nurse, Hannah. I did like how you slowly told us more about the MC without giving too much information. I still have questions, but I'm sure they may be answered in the future. Another thing I like about the game is it gave options to filter content depending on how the player wants to see it at the start of the game. There are some things I noticed, there wasn't any music or sound. I don't know if it wasn't added yet. I guess one question I have is will the choices we make affect the game? I kinda picked the choices if I was the MC (other than the ally or enemy question).

Reactions: NocturnalDev

NocturnalDev

Game Developer
May 18, 2021
I finished the first chapter and so far I like the game. I liked the characters and how unique they feel, but I think Helena is my current favorite right now. I can see what Skeltom was talking about when he said, "it has a pretty poor introduction to the plot..." With that being said, I did like the intro. The beginning was a little confusing (the black screen), but it started making sense when you talk to the nurse, Hannah. I did like how you slowly told us more about the MC without giving too much information. I still have questions, but I'm sure they may be answered in the future. Another thing I like about the game is it gave options to filter content depending on how the player wants to see it at the start of the game. There are some things I noticed, there wasn't any music or sound. I don't know if it wasn't added yet. I guess one question I have is will the choices we make affect the game? I kinda picked the choices if I was the MC (other than the ally or enemy question).
Thanks for the feedback. It is always appreciated.
I do have some ideas to improve some already released content, from chapters 1 and 2, but I will wait a bit more and review older content eventually. I'm taking notes from the feedback I receive for that.
Yes, I will be giving more information about mc slowly, when they are relevant to the plot. I don't want to overwhelm the player with his background.
About sound and music. That is my Achilles' heel. I only have technical knowledge on audio, not artistic knowledge. I do plan to add sound effects, music and others eventually, but I will probably need money to pay a sound guy to help me with that. I know a few places I can buy audio and other stuff. But that will be left for later, I will, for now, focus on what I can do.
I decided to only put in the game choices that will affect the game. Some more than others, some will have short term consequences, and others will have long term consequences. I don't see the point in leaving choices in the game, unless they do something.
I have 3 planned endings based on your choices, none of them necessarily bad. So feel free to choose anything you like.
There is a fourth ending, a 'bad ending', that will only happen if the player ignores all relationships (since they are all optional), or just really piss everyone off all the time.

Reactions: annoo and Zontany

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
when i played the first release i had a similar thought ^^ like hey dev got us shiawase no pan without the diabete and wuss mc ^^

Duke4515

Jul 8, 2017
After the first release I wasn't sure I would like this, but after playing 2.4 I am starting to like it a lot more. Things seemed to have picked up nicely. I also really appreciate the options to avoid/skip certain things, it made my playthrough more enjoyable.

My only complaint would be the grammar. I admit it's not the worst and for the most part I haven't had issues reading it.

Ex: A lot of games seem to get the word "owe" wrong and use "own" instead, this one included. "Own" is the possessive form and it's like saying "I own a house", it means something belongs to you. If someone is due something they are "owed" it, this is like saying you have to repay someone; "I owe you money".

So when I read a sentence like "I own you for that thing you did" instead of "I owe you for that thing you did", it's kinda jarring to read but also kinda funny too because it's like telling them they belong to you. It's not a big deal but there are a few sentences here and there that read slightly weird like that.

Either way sorry for my grammar nazism, keep up the good work, it's pretty good so far.

Last edited:

NocturnalDev

Game Developer
May 18, 2021
After the first release I wasn't sure I would like this, but after playing 2.4 I am starting to like it a lot more. Things seemed to have picked up nicely. I also really appreciate the options to avoid/skip certain things, it made my playthrough more enjoyable.

My only complaint would be the grammar. I admit it's not the worst and for to most part I haven't had issues reading it.

Ex: A lot of games seem to get the word "owe" wrong and use "own" instead, this one included. "Own" is the possessive form and it's like saying "I own a house", it means something belongs to you. If someone is due something they are "owed" it, this is like saying you have to repay someone; "I owe you money".

So when I read a sentence like "I own you for that thing you did" instead of "I owe you for that thing you did", it's kinda jarring to read but also kinda funny too because it's like telling them they belong to you. It's not a big deal but there are a few sentences here and there that read slightly weird like that.

Either way sorry for my grammar nazism, keep up the good work, it's pretty good so far.
Thanks for the feedback.
I will add own/owe to the list of words I constantly use wrong.

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
I didn't know this anime/game, but it looks like I have to watch or play it now.
it's similar in some of the basic setting but the developement and content have not much to do together, it could still be some good material for casual and comic event (probably) but the main interest is to die of diabete as it's a cute anime if i remember right ^^

• Haha

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
Thanks. I will welcome feedback if you have any.
I'm curious about something. How is it possible to fast forward a game I never played before? I can hold the CTRL button and it fast forward parts I've never seen or played before. It's kind of annoying to be able to fast forward parts I haven't seen or played.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I'm curious about something. How is it possible to fast forward a game I never played before? I can hold the CTRL button and it fast forward parts I've never seen or played before. It's kind of annoying to be able to fast forward parts I haven't seen or played.
Well, disable the unseen tab in the preferences:

Screenshot_4.png

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
Thanks for moving my game, I will make the request.
I just played to the end of Chapter 2 and have some comments. First, I wish games like trouble in paradise and this game had the same game flow. I liked how the game chose who I should talk to and when. I don't like games that has me choose because I never know where to start or go. Second, I wish that it had more sex scenes, the story was good but if you're going to make a game like this, there should be more sex scenes.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoverUK25

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
God, i really like this game, it hits so many of my tickboxes, only real criticism is the ESL dialogue but it's passable so it's not like a real complaint. Solid job with the variable branching after the compound wipeout, having all the choices you can make reflect in everyone giving their opinion on the MC was rewarding. Based on that little flashback i'm like 99% sure the MC is a dragon, make it 99.9% with the comment on the family sleeping in a big pile and owning a fortune. Really looking forward to the next update.

I can't help stick to an ongoing theory i have that this secret island is some kind of purgatory, that everyone there has passed on, the MC drowning, the mermaid starving, stuck in the pool, the school folk being wiped out by the thugs or bombed during the war. I dunno, it's not a flawless theory, i expect to be wrong, i'm looking to be wrong, but i can't shake it given a few things and how the MC is baffled how the island seems forgotten for no explainable reason.

Good to finally have the option to put cum in its correct place and i was overjoyed to see a pregnancy filter... why would we need such a filter if not for cream-based pastries being put in the oven resulting in baked goods? :D

NocturnalDev

Game Developer
May 18, 2021
God, i really like this game, it hits so many of my tickboxes, only real criticism is the ESL dialogue but it's passable so it's not like a real complaint. Solid job with the variable branching after the compound wipeout, having all the choices you can make reflect in everyone giving their opinion on the MC was rewarding. Based on that little flashback i'm like 99% sure the MC is a dragon, make it 99.9% with the comment on the family sleeping in a big pile and owning a fortune. Really looking forward to the next update.

I can't help stick to an ongoing theory i have that this secret island is some kind of purgatory, that everyone there has passed on, the MC drowning, the mermaid starving, stuck in the pool, the school folk being wiped out by the thugs or bombed during the war. I dunno, it's not a flawless theory, i expect to be wrong, i'm looking to be wrong, but i can't shake it given a few things and how the MC is baffled how the island seems forgotten for no explainable reason.

Good to finally have the option to put cum in its correct place and i was overjoyed to see a pregnancy filter... why would we need such a filter if not for cream-based pastries being put in the oven resulting in baked goods? :D
Thanks for the feedback.
I won't comment on your theories, because I don't want to confirm nor deny anything. I actually like to hear theories of all kinds in my games.
I hope to get someone to check my writing in the future. I'm pretty sure there is a lot to be improved there.

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
First, I'm thankful about the part where you can easily turn off stuff you don't like. The lesbians bit particularly, I've been way too tired on seeing harems not be harems but just actually be polyamories in disguise. I don't know even know how the heck they get to that point when they actually have their own kids, can't just believe someone will just go full lesbian just because they don't know what's been happening to their husbands with this ongoing war.

As for the bad stuff, there is no music. There are some good moments where a good music would really fit in somewhere. Next, the sex scenes after the first one with Iris seemed to have been downgraded. It would be nice to have a longer sex scene, make it more hot, there should be dialogue, not just a narration of what is happening while they're having sex. Make more varied animations, the game still only have a few scenes so you might want to redo some if its fine.

The atmosphere the MC is having with his current sex partners so far makes it really seem that they all need the good vibes, enjoyment, and the large need to be wanted/protected because of the dangerous situation in the island. This kind of mood will need something to compliment that, a good, long while sex scenes will do it. Music, animations, dialogue and all that. Heck, this kind of mood needs to just keep on escalating because I always go for creampies and I enabled the pregnancy option. The significance of that kind of sex where its obvious they're not just doing it for fun. Especially apparent, for Iris' second sex scene when she allowed the MC to give her a creampie. She knows the consequence of that, but still went ahead. That is some hot stuff right there. Again, music, varied animations, longer sex scenes, dialogue while they're going at it.

I think that's it for now. Though I have some questions here.

This scene right here is so weird.

screenshot0002.png

These other hoodlums just came attacking out nowhere, and picking the second option I thought he's just gonna come down there to end them. But both options literally just went on and skipped right through the next day? Did a bug somehow happened here? I'm reading it right yeah? Bastards just came in with an RPG and just blasted the entrance?

Next, is what are these scenes? How do I get to them? Do we need a walkthrough to play this game? Will there be more stuff that is similar when you are at the crossroads of starting Iris's path (where the game would tell you that picking one will let you proceed on her path, while the other completely cuts you off her path)? Something similar to that kind of, official in-game walkthrough? Because after that scene, I've not seen any new choices that have those, that gave me guidance.

screenshot0001.png

There are some obvious stuff though, like the fact that I'm missing some scenes clearly indicated something wrong going with my choices. Another example is when Laura asks you to go to gym with her, she is being rude amidst all of it so you can say yes or no to that. Saying no of course, does means the MC doesn't get to show his strength to her. Completely skipping her without even knowing the significance of such choice, I didn't know after all. I just knew it when I rolled back and see where the choice will go.

Anyway, good luck to you and to your game dev.

Last edited:

NocturnalDev

Game Developer
May 18, 2021
First, thanks for the feedback. These are always welcome. You seem to have put some effort in them, and I'll do my best to answer everything.

About the lesbian content. If you're on their path more details about how they started banging will become clear. I don't think this game will be anything like a polyamorous group in disguise. People seem worried that mc will be just a friendly dick to be used, but the way I planned this part of the story, it was supposed to go the other way around. They are not supposed to be doing this out of love, but out of need (not that they dislike each other), and the mc would fit in the relationship as more of a lover than a partner. But I won't debate people on this, they don't want, they can just close the filter and that is it.

About music and sound. Yeah, I'm not really good at that. I do have plans to do it, but or I'll get someone else to work with me on this part, or I will eventually hire someone to do it for me. But for that I need moneys. Not just that, there are many features I plan to add later. Like hot updates and so on. I'm working alone in this project, and using my free time to do it. If I start focusing on stuff I don't have much experience updates will take forever.

About making longer scenes. Noted. I do have plans to come back later to improve some stuff. The issue with this is that I might need to finish a few chapters first. You see, from the time I finished the first chapter I had learned a bunch about Renpy, chara studio, and VNs in general. If I keep going back all the time to remake stuff, I'll never release anything. I would rather release and receive feedbacks, so I can go put these things in the backlog, than to keep doubting myself and never release anything. The backlog is huge right now, btw.

These other hoodlums just came attacking out nowhere, and picking the second option I thought he's just gonna come down there to end them. But both options literally just went on and skipped right through the next day? Did a bug somehow happened here? I'm reading it right yeah? Bastards just came in with an RPG and just blasted the entrance?
That was a nightmare, no one really attacked the place. Maybe that was not clear. He was having a dream, then a nightmare, then he woke up to no one around the place. If someone really got there and did anything like that, there would be hell to pay. This is just to set up that the mc is worrying not just about himself anymore, in the first chapter he was more itnerested in leaving than anything else. He is starting to care about these people. This choice, and many others, will set how the mc will deal with things in the future. I call these paths brutal and restrained, and they will affect the ending. After some point, there won't even be choices, the mc will just act following the pattern of the other choices.

Next, is what are these scenes? How do I get to them? Do we need a walkthrough to play this game? Will there be more stuff that is similar when you are at the crossroads of starting Iris's path (where the game would tell you that picking one will let you proceed on her path, while the other completely cuts you off her path)? Something similar to that kind of, official in-game walkthrough? Because after that scene, I've not seen any new choices that have those, that gave me guidance.
I don't know which filters you activated. It might be paths you are avoiding, or just stuff that you marked that you don't want to see. These 3 in particular will only show up if you decided to give explanations about your powers. People will come later and ask for more details about some specific cases. I was thinking about releasing a walkthrough in patreon, but that is just a plan for now. Maybe together with the rest of chapter 3.
I'm not trying to make the game hard, though. In my head, the choices are more about if you want any content with this character or not. But maybe this needs to be more clear.
For each character there are 3 paths: ignoring, friends, sex partners. If you're ignoring a character you won't see many scenes with her. As a friend you will do activities together, but just that. As a sex partner, you will see all scenes with said character.

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes