3.90 star(s) 109 Votes

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Really love it, Looking forward to more.
BTW hoping for impreg tag as well (after all the tease about it), and will there be a harem path after the solo paths?
There will be a harem path, as in the MC will tell all the women he's dating them, depending on who you are dating. And if you only want to date one girl then you can also do that and he will not need to confess to any of the other girls he's dating others.n
Man that was an abrupt end felt like a Daniels K story without a girl just leaving and now we're on to the ending. I feel like it could've transitioned better then just cutting off at Man's house. It feels incomplete to me only because I saw this story as trying to help your family before you have to go back to your dad. And you do somewhat but you'll only see the conclusion if you're on a love route. So that is a little disappointing but more of a me problem than a story problem. Dev likes to keep his stories short and I knew it coming in just wish it was stretched out a little longer before going to the endings.
I'm going away with the selection screen next update, but there is still plenty of games to go. Each girl will get at least two or three more updates.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Not going to lie, the "No more general update, onto the paths!" only to see there was no "Harem" choice had me sweating bullets.
Glad to see I'll just have to check back after a couple of updates before the harem choice is added.

Are the girls paths supposed to be taken in order or are these truly a Choose 1 and it takes you all the way to the end?

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Not going to lie, the "No more general update, onto the paths!" only to see there was no "Harem" choice had me sweating bullets.
Glad to see I'll just have to check back after a couple of updates before the harem choice is added.

Are the girls paths supposed to be taken in order or are these truly a Choose 1 and it takes you all the way to the end?
The harem path is not the traditional one, just to be clear. The game will continue as it has been with you helping all of the girls. The only difference now will be after you confess to each one that you are dating the others, they might comment on it and acknowledge it every now and again.

For example, if you are late meeting up with Leanne, she might make a comment asking if you were with one of the other women or say something inappropriate knowing her lol. But it will not be a group relationship.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Tell me about it
I've said it many times before, but I'll say it again. I am not interested right now in making long games. All of them will be short to medium, but Secret Summer still has another year left, I'm planning, and I've already given 9 updates. You will finish all of the girls' storylines and that's when the story ends.

The reason at least half the games on this site are abandoned is because the games drag on too long and the devs lose passion, get burnout, and other reasons.

Personally, I think it'd be better to get a medium-length game that actually gets competed rather than an unfinished game where you never see the ending.

Man that was an abrupt end felt like a Daniels K story without a girl just leaving and now we're on to the ending. I feel like it could've transitioned better then just cutting off at Man's house. It feels incomplete to me only because I saw this story as trying to help your family before you have to go back to your dad. And you do somewhat but you'll only see the conclusion if you're on a love route. So that is a little disappointing but more of a me problem than a story problem. Dev likes to keep his stories short and I knew it coming in just wish it was stretched out a little longer before going to the endings.
The update was not an ending, which is why it says (Update 1 of ???) And each girl well at the very least have 2 updates each, so that's another. SS isn't ending anytime soon. Well, unless you call a year soon after the game has been in development for 2 years already.

Last edited:

House Of Black

Jun 5, 2020
I've said it many times before, but I'll say it again. I am not interested right now in making long games. All of them will be short to medium, but Secret Summer still has another year left, I'm planning, and I've already given 9 updates. You will finish all of the girls' storylines and that's when the story ends.

The reason at least half the games on this site are abandoned is because the games drag on too long and the devs lose passion, get burnout, and other reasons.

Personally, I think it'd be better to get a medium-length game that actually gets competed rather than an unfinished game where you never see the ending.

The update was not an ending, which is why it says (Update 1 of ???) And each girl well at the very least have to updates so that's another. Not ending anytime soon. Well, unless you call a year soon after the game has been development for 2 years
Well thanks, I appreciate your honesty. I know you don’t wanna risk burnout, but this just feels and sounds like you’re ready to move on, which is fine you deserve it. I’ll just keep that in mind moving forward with any of your projects.

House Of Black

Jun 5, 2020
People so worn down by abandoned games that they think a 2 year development cycle is short...
If you compare the amount of content for each update as well as how long it took for each update to be released to the public then yeah, it does feel kinda short.

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
There have been nine updates, and now we are focusing on the main girls story lines. Each will at the very least get 2 updates, probably three so that's still another 10-15 updates. I don't plan my games to be long, I'm just not interested in making two or three year long games, but there's at least another year of this game.

I'm doing three games at a time and I just finished my first game a couple months ago because I have TOO many ideas. On top of that, I release updates EVERY month and have been doing so for the past 2 years.

Yes, just look at my replies on this page and you'll find all the information you need!
you are doing right in fact...but i fear to see a game rushed becouse of too manyideas..lkike happened to Girlshouse for example..

Sep 3, 2020

The update was not an ending, which is why it says (Update 1 of ???) And each girl well at the very least have to updates so that's another. Not ending anytime soon. Well, unless you call a year soon after the game has been development for 2 years
you have a point but selfishly I would want the game to be longer because I would want more time with Norah and Irene

I know you probably won't understand and you'll probably think I'm crazy but my favorite part of the game is not the sex

my favorite part of the game is the romantic dates with Norah and Irene

don't get me wrong I really really love having sex with Norah and Irene

but for me the Romantic dates make the sex scenes a hundred times more special

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Well thanks, I appreciate your honesty. I know you don’t wanna risk burnout, but this just feels and sounds like you’re ready to move on, which is fine you deserve it. I’ll just keep that in mind moving forward with any of your projects.
I'm sorry if it comes off like I'm ready to move on, because that's not the case. I'm excited to work on every update which is why I release so often, and I always give it 100%. The game simply will not be long because that is how it is planned and it has been from the very beginning.

If you compare the amount of content for each update as well as how long it took for each update to be released to the public then yeah, it does feel kinda short.
I release pretty often though. At least every month and give about 20 minutes of gameplay each time. Because I write at the very minimum 8,000 words and it takes most adults 200-300 words to read a minute. So 8,000/300 = 26 minutes.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
tried to take it as a compliment people who love your stories so much they don't want it to end I myself wish I had more dates but I understand and it takes me longer to finish the updates since I can't read

I have a reading disability remember
thank God you included a self voicing option

or I would be fuckd
I see what you're saying, people wouldn't complain if they didn't care about the game, but there's plenty more story to come and I'm going to write and render it to the absolute best of my ability and give you guys a good game.

Ren'py (the game application these games are created on) actually has the self voice, so happy you're able to enjoy the game, despite your disability. That's awesome

Sep 3, 2020
I see what you're saying, people wouldn't complain if they didn't care about the game, but there's plenty more story to come and I'm going to write and render it to the absolute best of my ability and give you guys a good game.

Ren'py (the game application these games are created on) actually has the self voice, so happy you're able to enjoy the game, despite your disability. That's awesome
thank you I was actually surprised that you put so much into the dates usually when their dates in these vn games they usually go to dinner and that's it

but the dates in this game feel like mini love stories

Sep 3, 2020
I'm sorry if it comes off like I'm ready to move on, because that's not the case. I'm excited to work on every update which is why I release so often, and I always give it 100%. The game simply will not be long because that is how it is planned and it has been from the very beginning.

I release pretty often though. At least every month and give about 20 minutes of gameplay each time. Because I write at the very minimum 8,000 words and it takes most adults 200-300 words to read a minute. So 8,000/300 = 26 minutes.
and now that I think about it Norah date was special too

which reminds me don't forget you promised put Norah in sexy lingerie wearing a cowboy hat and her hair like this
screenshot0002.png

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes