3.90 star(s) 109 Votes

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Not being a gammer Na*i but the proper word is Then not Than :) and since SW probably already has the original english translation somewhere that will take much less time than me learning japanese would XD
Not to be an even bigger grammar nazi, but I believe he was correct in using 'than.' You use than when comparing things. So, I'd rather do this THAN that. 'Then' is used with time.

And I debated having the English translation for emersion purposes like Pervert mentioned, but Irene does explain the gist of what every Japanese conversation is. I will probably leave it as an option next time!

Reactions: arroganz

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
Not to be an even bigger grammar nazi, but I believe he was correct in using 'than.' You use than when comparing things. So, I'd rather do this THAN that. 'Then' is used with time.

And I debated having the English translation for emersion purposes like Pervert mentioned, but Irene does explain the gist of what every Japanese conversation is. I will probably leave it as an option next time!
But it wasnt a comparison it was temporal, basically saying "If you want to understand it THEN learn Japanese.", as opposed to "I would rather read English THAN Japanese." I am all for an option, like i said it's an OCD thing for me. :)

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
But it wasnt a comparison it was temporal, basically saying "If you want to understand it THEN learn Japanese.", as opposed to "I would rather read English THAN Japanese." I am all for an option, like i said it's an OCD thing for me. :)
Oops, I misread what he said xD Thought he was saying I'd rather learn Japanese, not telling someone to go learn it. You're right, but yes, I will make sure I had the option next time, for sure.

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
All good.
I didn't take it that way either.
Happens to me sometimes.
I'm not a native english speaker and carelessness and fatigue create errors. ;)

To quote Andrea Bocelli & Sarah Brightman:

Time to say goodnight..... or goodbye :unsure: , ahh off to bed

Caeir

Jul 26, 2020
Irene just needed a larger delivery device to disperse greater quantities and more potent baby makers than what she was dealing with in hubby... Maybe MC can still do her on his desk before they tell him they're both leaving? I can only hope... I also thought it was a nice touch in bringing her closer to the girls. It makes the whole family vs. dad thing feel a little more unified (greater numbers and diverse talents). I also like the siloed story ending approach. Hopefully it'll be at least 3 deep, but whatever is created I'm sure will be excellent. Awesome update! Next up - Nora/Leanne (team ginger)!

Caeir

Jul 26, 2020
He cycles through the characters, just as he cycles through the games. His next update is Sun Breed, I believe, followed by Follow The Leader and then Secret Summer. In this game when it updates, it cycles Nora/Leanne, then Zoe/Coral, and then Irene, and then back to the top. I'm not positive, but in Sun Breed it seems that the updates alternate the majority of the content between the human sisters, followed by the vampire sisters in the next update (not confirmed, it just seems that way). Follow The Leader is new, so a pattern hasn't appeared yet. Given it's a group of three, it's small enough that content may focus on them all, or he may choose to release focused material for each girl in alternating updates. We'll have to wait and see.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Has it been determined who gets the next update?
He cycles through the characters, just as he cycles through the games. His next update is Sun Breed, I believe, followed by Follow The Leader and then Secret Summer. In this game when it updates, it cycles Nora/Leanne, then Zoe/Coral, and then Irene, and then back to the top. I'm not positive, but in Sun Breed it seems that the updates alternate the majority of the content between the human sisters, followed by the vampire sisters in the next update (not confirmed, it just seems that way). Follow The Leader is new, so a pattern hasn't appeared yet. Given it's a group of three, it's small enough that content may focus on them all, or he may choose to release focused material for each girl in alternating updates. We'll have to wait and see.
Cair pretty much got everything right except the order for SS. It's actually Norah/Zoe like last update, then Irene like this update, then Leanne/Coral which will be the next update.

Budgy75

Jan 11, 2021
I am loving this VN, it wasnt until i saw the cameo's of the characters from Picture Perfect that i realised it was the same dev and now i see Sun Breed as well. So for me this is 3 for 3 on VN's i think are brilliant, big thumbs up to the dev on creating these. In secret summer, the girls are all gorgeous and i love the very unique nature of their characters, i cant wait for the story to unfold more. Keep um coming Dev you are on to a winner with all of these. thank you for your great work

Mabo666

Jun 29, 2018
Sorry for the late response, guys!

Norah -- mom, Mom

Irene -- stepmom

oldest man -- dad

Zoe & Leanne screen - brother

Coral - sister

unit -- family

Hope that helps you guys =]
Can you link to this under the extras, like some other game posts do. Will make it easier for new players in the future.

thealucid

Oct 10, 2018
Patreon could decide to peek at my OP one day, so I'd leave it off, just in case. Sorry about that.
Just keep writing Norah as an intimate friend who considers the MC close family please! :D

This game is a breath of fresh air compared to all the series where the family friend or landlady behaves too distantly, to the point you doubt they're actually family friends.

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes