3.90 star(s) 109 Votes

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
The game just got updated a couple of weeks ago. I'm doing the remaster on my own free time after I update the games with new content. This game will be updated every 6 weeks like usual.
Thank you for that clarification. Having played through the remastered version I don't feel like this adds anything to my experience in the game so I'll ignore it.

That being said, if this isn't impacting your schedule on this or any of your other development efforts, you be you and have a great time creating a remastered version. You deserve the satisfaction that you've presented the best version of your art that you can.

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
These did remind me of one part I found weird.

His father pushes his desk to the side?? Why would anyone ever do that for? It looks like a full sized heavy desk, are you just using that line because the background's the same? Why wouldn't Dad just come around the desk to fight his son?

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
I can't understand all the fuss here. Unlike the remaster at PP with the changing of some models, the new style here is actually not really new, we've already seen that with the last updates. This is now for me just an adaptation of the older renders to the newer ones.

Was that necessary? For me actually not, but I can also live with the new ones. And if SW really want's that, so be it.

What I find inappropriate are the comments like "milker". That's absolute nonsense and just shows that they really have no clue about this dev and his games.

But one thing I also have to criticize: it seems the remaster doesn't like old saves very much. Almost all of mine from the first two chapters either don't work at all (error message) or jump somewhere else in the game. For me this should not happen after already 9 game updates. I really do not want to start from the beginning again when the remaster is finished. After playing it for more then a year now I actually only wanted to continue the game with the next new game content.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
These did remind me of one part I found weird.

His father pushes his desk to the side?? Why would anyone ever do that for? It looks like a full sized heavy desk, are you just using that line because the background's the same? Why wouldn't Dad just come around the desk to fight his son?
The room is too small to fight in with the desk right in the middle. There are desks that can be moved by a single person.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: v1900

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
I can't understand all the fuss here. Unlike the remaster at PP with the changing of some models, the new style here is actually not really new, we've already seen that with the last updates. This is now for me just an adaptation of the older renders to the newer ones.

Was that necessary? For me actually not, but I can also live with the new ones. And if SW really want's that, so be it.

What I find inappropriate are the comments like "milker". That's absolute nonsense and just shows that they really have no clue about this dev and his games.

But one thing I also have to criticize: it seems the remaster doesn't like old saves very much. Almost all of mine from the first two chapters either don't work at all (error message) or jump somewhere else in the game. For me this should not happen after already 9 game updates. I really do not want to start from the beginning again when the remaster is finished. After playing it for more then a year now I actually only wanted to continue the game with the next new game content.
Thank you for the feedback, and I'm really sorry about the new saves you have to do. But it'll only take like 10 minutes to skip everything with the walkthrough!

Reactions: haooni and Balu83

Fzoner95

Oct 13, 2017
You literally showed a few pictures out of 500. And you pick the ones you thought were better in the older version.
I only kept a few images of the very old version so it's not like I had a lot to chose from. Irene was literally the first chick I stumbled across. And I stated that some of the new renders are great.

All I am saying is: Don't remaster something that is already great. I don't have a problem with the new renders, it's just not necessary from my perspective. Hell, even the first draft characters were okay. Okay, not really, there has been a lot of improvement. I like the newer ones much better.
cc_all.png

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
New to this game. Should I play Remastered (0.2) or the "original" (0.9)?
You should play the remastered! The first 2 updates are done. 0.3-0.7 need to be remastered, and 0.8 and 0.9 were created in my new style. So I'm not sure if you want to wait or not for the middle sections to be finished, completely up to you.

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
New to this game. Should I play Remastered (0.2) or the "original" (0.9)?
Now that's a good question, and will be important to other new players going forward.

SuperWriter, what are the possibilities that a new player will be able to play your remastered version to the end of what you've remastered so far, then switch over to the older version, load their save from the remastered version ad continue?

Reactions: Ara-sH

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Here's a bigger sample size than just a few for those who want to see.

View attachment 1377753
View attachment 1377754

View attachment 1377756
View attachment 1377757

View attachment 1377758
View attachment 1377760
View attachment 1377761
View attachment 1377762

View attachment 1377764
View attachment 1377763

View attachment 1377765
View attachment 1377766

View attachment 1377767
View attachment 1377768
View attachment 1377769
View attachment 1377770

But again, all of those complaining, please play the actual updates before you comment because playing the game is a totally different experience. If you still don't like it, fair enough, but this is the exact same style I've been doing the past 2 updates.
Honestly I can see that you went for the cinematic feel with the new renders and I like it but in some scenes you overdid it. Most notably in the colour temperature of light in some scenes and the hair looking smeared.

Now on to my totally subjective and pervy observations. I quite liked the previous camera showing more of the character's body, I get that you like to showcase the shadow on the character's face but man I miss those sexy hips. I suspect that I am a minority but I dislike sharp features on a characters skin (like overemphasized pores). Lastly I despise any depth of field effect, never did get the need for it, your eyes do it on their own even for images on a screen.

I can appreciate your progress with light and shadows. Keep it up and if it makes you feel satisfied who else cares as long as you keep your track record for constant updates. (y)

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Now that's a good question, and will be important to other new players going forward.

SuperWriter, what are the possibilities that a new player will be able to play your remastered version to the end of what you've remastered so far, then switch over to the older version, load their save from the remastered version ad continue?
Ah, I forgot about the save issue, so I'm glad you said something. I'll upload the entire game with the first 2 updates remastered, so there's no switching. Thank you for commenting!

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
I only kept a few images of the very old version so it's not like I had a lot to chose from. Irene was literally the first chick I stumbled across. And I stated that some of the new renders are great.

All I am saying is: Don't remaster something that is already great. I don't have a problem with the new renders, it's just not necessary from my perspective. Hell, even the first draft characters were okay. Okay, not really, there has been a lot of improvement. I like the newer ones much better.
View attachment 1377807
Shit I am going to have a big tiddy goth nightmare tonight.

Reactions: Fzoner95

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
I'll just wait for the 4th remaster.
I always get confused when I see comments like this. Fair enough that you don't like remasters, but every game you have ever played goes through changes during development. You are witnessing a game being made in real time, I am creating it RIGHT NOW. I started developing 2 years ago, so you can't expect me to keep the same outdated renders, writing, features or whatever else from when I just started, do you?

You guys really have to give us developers some slack. We are not professionals and are learning new things everyday. It is completely fine if that bothers you but please do not play these games are in development and are definitely going to see some changes whether big or small.

Look at the original models below. Wouldn't you say the current models are anupgrade? That's because I remastered the game that you currently enjoy. I don't think it's fair to tell a Creator to stop improving on his art because then he will never get better.

1399697_cc_all.png

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 109 Votes