3.90 star(s) 109 Votes

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Ah, I forgot about the save issue, so I'm glad you said something. I'll upload the entire game with the first 2 updates remastered, so there's no switching. Thank you for commenting!
Danger, Danger Will Robinson!

Ummm.... there was another message where someone was trying to load their chapter 1 & two saves in the remastered version that ran into issues.

Are you potentially making this situation even worse for yourself by replacing the renders in the current build rather than the new remastered version? Or are they shot for shot and you will actually ease your development process by just replacing the renders in the current build?

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Danger, Danger Will Robinson!

Ummm.... there was another message where someone was trying to load their chapter 1 & two saves in the remastered version that ran into issues.

Are you potentially making this situation even worse for yourself by replacing the renders in the current build rather than the new remastered version? Or are they shot for shot and you will actually ease your development process by just replacing the renders in the current build?
It's not very complicated. I just have to merge the two games. I'm a bit busy right now working on a new game update, but I'll get to it either today or tomorrow.

Reactions: haooni and Cirdon

rafa30

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
I always get confused when I see comments like this. Fair enough that you don't like remasters, but every game you have ever played goes through changes during development. You are witnessing a game being made in real time, I am creating it RIGHT NOW. I started developing 2 years ago, so you can't expect me to keep the same outdated renders, writing, features or whatever else from when I just started, do you?

You guys really have to give us developers some slack. We are not professionals and are learning new things everyday. It is completely fine if that bothers you but please do not play these games are in development and are definitely going to see some changes whether big or small.

Look at the original models below. Wouldn't you say the current models are anupgrade? That's because I remastered the game that you currently enjoy. I don't think it's fair to tell a Creator to stop improving on his art because then he will never get better.

View attachment 1377882
Hello
What is this image you uploaded?
is it from an old version?
or will the new models be remastered?

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
I always get confused when I see comments like this. Fair enough that you don't like remasters, but every game you have ever played goes through changes during development. You are witnessing a game being made in real time, I am creating it RIGHT NOW. I started developing 2 years ago, so you can't expect me to keep the same outdated renders, writing, features or whatever else from when I just started, do you?

You guys really have to give us developers some slack. We are not professionals and are learning new things everyday. It is completely fine if that bothers you but please do not play these games are in development and are definitely going to see some changes whether big or small.

Look at the original models below. Wouldn't you say the current models are a better upgrade? That's because I remastered the game that you currently enjoy. I don't think it's fair to tell a Creator to stop improving on his art because then he will never get better.

View attachment 1377882
Just to give a different perspective.
Sometimes people grow attached to certain characters/models, so the later you change them, the more resistance you're likely to face.
There's also the question of where do you actually draw the line in regard to reworks/remasters, as otherwise you may find yourself in a never-ending cycle/unnecessarily dragging it out (which is probably what some people are worried about). I get wanting to chase perfection, but you have to always be mindful that perfection is actually an unreachable goal in the end.

I'm also not really a fan of your argument of not being professionals. It really depends a lot on the definition you're using. The majority of devs are actually marketing their work (even if in the patreon/subscribestar format), so it could be argued that they are at least semi-professional and some devs are in fact doing it as their main occupation. There's also the fact that even professionals tend to continue learning and developing their skills, as they want to continue to be professionals.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Hello
What is this image you uploaded?
is it from an old version?
or will the new models be remastered?
They're the original models from the first version of the game.
Just to give a different perspective.
Sometimes people grow attached to certain characters/models, so the later you change them, the more resistance you're likely to face.
There's also the question of where do you actually draw the line in regard to reworks/remasters, as otherwise you may find yourself in a never-ending cycle/unnecessarily dragging it out (which is probably what some people are worried about). I get wanting to chase perfection, but you have to always be mindful that perfection is actually an unreachable goal in the end.

I'm also not really a fan of your argument of not being professionals. It really depends a lot on the definition you're using. The majority of devs are actually marketing their work (even if in the patreon/subscribestar format), so it could be argued that they are at least semi-professional and some devs are in fact doing it as their main occupation. There's also the fact that even professionals tend to continue learning and developing their skills, as they want to continue to be professionals.
I understand people can grow attached to the models, but I didn't change the models. All I did was change the lighting and camera angles this time around. As far drawing the line, it is whatever I think is best for the story. So, I just have to play it as the situation comes up. I have been learning more about lighting, camera angles and just developing overall, so I want to add my new style to the older renders like the latest ones.

As for your other point about us not being professionals, sure, we can be considered professionals because we get money for this, but you have to remember, devs like me who started 2 years ago with absolutely no prior experience are going learning as we make these games.

Modeling, posing, coding, lighting, creating models, knowing what materials to use, etc. These are all things that I learned 2 years ago and I am still learning right now. We are not like professionals in the video game industry who have been doing this for a decade or more. That is what I mean when I say we are not professionals. I have absolutely no 3D modeling background and everything I have done so far is from watching YouTube videos and googling.

Jstain

Pubic Hair Enthusiast
Donor
Jun 27, 2018
They're the original models from the first version of the game.

I understand people can grow attached to the models, but I didn't change the models. All I did was change the lighting and camera angles this time around. As far drawing the line, it is whatever I think is best for the story. So, I just have to play it as the situation comes up. I have been learning more about lighting, camera angles and just developing overall, so I want to add my new style to the older renders like the latest ones.

As for your other point about us not being professionals, sure, we can be considered professionals because we get money for this, but you have to remember, devs like me who started 2 years ago with absolutely no prior experience are going learning as we make these games.

Modeling, posing, coding, lighting, creating models, knowing what materials to use, etc. These are all things that I learned 2 years ago and I am still learning right now. We are not like professionals in the video game industry who have been doing this for a decade or more. That is what I mean when I say we are not professionals. I have absolutely no 3D modeling background and everything I have done so far is from watching YouTube videos and googling.
People get antsy that you may be milking donors like so many others have.
But thank you for your honest response, it eased my doubts. Love the game btw, bet you can't guess why lol

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
People get antsy that you may be milking donors like so many others have.
But thank you for your honest response, it eased my doubts. Love the game btw, bet you can't guess why lol
Thank you for the feedback, J! And I understand people can get antsy, but, man, I updated this very game 2 weeks ago and have been consistently updating all my games since I started developing 2 years ago. I update at least one of my games EVERY MONTH.

And I still get accused of being a milker. I updated both my games in the last 2 weeks, Secret Summer and Sun Breed. Thank you for those who actually see my hard work, I will continue to update these games for you guys.

Ara-sH

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2017
Thank you for the feedback, J! And I understand people can get antsy, but, man, I updated this very game 2 weeks ago and have been consistently updating all my games since I started developing 2 years ago. I update at least one of my games EVERY MONTH.

And I still get accused of being a milker. I updated both my games in the last 2 weeks, Secret Summer and Sun Breed. Thank you for those who actually see my hard work, I will continue to update these games for you guys.
You are definitely not a milker, All we say, if renders are good enough, no need to remaster it to "great" , just create new ones as "great", and use that time to add more content, I think if you create poll , majority agree with me.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
You are definitely not a milker, All we say, if renders are good enough, no need to remaster it to "great" , just create new ones as "great", and use that time to add more content, I think if you create poll , majority agree with me.
Again, you just got a new update with new content. I did the remaster in my free time without delaying the update. You'll continue to get the updates without any delay

Last edited:

Steppen Wolf

Dec 21, 2019
Hi !

Does anybody know what the remaster version is about?

I mean, Is It a whole remake from the beginning to the last update or what?

Do I need to play again or I just need to the next update for the single path with Nora, in my interest?

Greetings

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
Okay,.. I have a question. We ARE already at v0.9.
You/DEV is re-working/Remastering v0.2,...
Is there NOT going to be a v 1.0??
Are You NOW Only going to Focus on "Remastered" updates??

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Hi !

Does anybody know what the remaster version is about?

I mean, Is It a whole remake from the beginning to the last update or what?

Do I need to play again or I just need to the next update for the single path with Nora, in my interest?

Greetings
Okay,.. I have a question. We ARE already at v0.9.
You/DEV is re-working/Remastering v0.2,...
Is there NOT going to be a v 1.0??
Are You NOW Only going to Focus on "Remastered" updates??
The game will be updated every 6 weeks as usual. I will remaster 0.3 - 0.7 whenever I have free time, so the updates do not get delayed. Just play the latest releases as they come, and you can go play the remastered updates if you want. The remastered versions are just updated visuals (the renders.) No change in the story

Reactions: Outrider

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
the amount of people who dont seem to be able to read or understand but just think updates are going to stop and its being fully remade is quite shocking, the dev has already said a few times now its just the early part of the story being remastered and wont affect the update schedule of the story continuing,

hes doing great work already on 2 VNs maybe even 3 now PP as ended (new VN coming soon :unsure::unsure:) do you really think something as small as some remastered renders is going to slow him down
dev keep up the great work (y)

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes