3.90 star(s) 109 Votes

The Ronovan

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
Well... Really no reason to "remaster" this. Renders were good and they're not even that much better imo now in the remastered version. Just finish the game and use the new skills for rendering in all the yet to be rendered scenes instead...

Gammatroni

Jan 8, 2020
Seriously is this like season for Remastering? Its like every second game is being remastered. Holiday money needed or what? Games good and renders are as good as they need to be, progress story and remaster the game after finishing it.
On the side note i dont remember any game(besides PP) that would be finished in last 2 years of playing vn's... Ridiculous.

Qwert99

Mar 2, 2018
Well... Really no reason to "remaster" this. Renders were good and they're not even that much better imo now in the remastered version. Just finish the game and use the new skills for rendering in all the yet to be rendered scenes instead...
Of course there is, you get to milk patreon money for producing the exact same content a second time, it's what every dev does nowadays.

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
SuperWriter, why is Remastered below the older 0.9 download if this is the new path you're taking forward from here? As a consumer I expect the most recent thing I should download to be the top entries. I just wasted time downloading the 0.9 version again before opening the changelog to see that the new thing is remastered.

Also.... what was wrong with the old path that you've chosen to start at the beginning again?

Reactions: Cornfield

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
The game just got updated a couple of weeks ago. I'm doing the remaster on my own free time after I update the games with new content. This game will be updated every 6 weeks like usual.

And for those complaining about the remaster, please replay the remaster and the original side by side. If can't tell the difference, I don't know what to say. My skills are significantly better than they were a year ago and I am trying to give you guys a better game.

I care about my art and I want the best version out there possible.

Last edited:

Fzoner95

Oct 13, 2017
What the hell. Okay, a lot of shots are from different angles now, not only POV. Can be good, the Remaster of Shut Up And Dance does this for example, and it's great there. But here? Yeah, some of the new renders are great, but does the VN really benefit from that? Look at the first time you meet Irene.
  • In the very old version Irene looked great, I love that dress. However, the hallway looks like it is in a cheap rental apartment. And the bright reflection on the left is too strong.
  • In the old version Irene looks slightly different, also okay. The new dress sticks to her breasts in an unnatural way, but we all know that it's hard to overcome that. The hallway looks dull but the image serves the right purpose. Irene seems cold and clever and a little but hostile, just as intended. You look her directly in the eye (hopefully).
  • Now the remastered version has two images. The background and lighting change without the two characters moving, why? Was the first one not intended to be included? There are also even more artifacts around her breasts. The second one could actually be a good shot AFTER a first one from the MC's POV. You have to feel caught and a bit intimidated. The new images don't achieve that in my opinion.

remaster.jpg

Another example? Zoe sitting on the bed. For the "older" version the room got a complete makeover. I prefered the very old version but fine. The remastered version is basically the same as the "middle" version but with different lighting, more realistic breasts and the eyes are a bit closed which makes her look more natural. But her skin looks strange in both colour and texture. And where does the green light come from? This image has been remade twice without much improvement in my opinion. I still like the first version best. Why remaster something if you don't improve it on a big scale?

remaster2.jpg

btrain33

Dec 29, 2018
What the hell. Okay, a lot of shots are from different angles now, not only POV. Can be good, the Remaster of Shut Up And Dance does this for example, and it's great there. But here? Yeah, some of the new renders are great, but does the VN really benefit from that? Look at the first time you meet Irene.
  • In the very old version Irene looked great, I love that dress. However, the hallway looks like it is in a cheap rental apartment. And the bright reflection on the left is too strong.
  • In the old version Irene looks slightly different, also okay. The new dress sticks to her breasts in an unnatural way, but we all know that it's hard to overcome that. The hallway looks dull but the image serves the right purpose. Irene seems cold and clever and a little but hostile, just as intended. You look her directly in the eye (hopefully).
  • Now the remastered version has two images. The background and lighting change without the two characters moving, why? Was the first one not intended to be included? There are also even more artifacts around her breasts. The second one could actually be a good shot AFTER a first one from the MC's POV. You have to feel caught and a bit intimidated. The new images don't achieve that in my opinion.

View attachment 1377559

Another example? Zoe sitting on the bed. For the "older" version the room got a complete makeover. I prefered the very old version but fine. The remastered version is basically the same as the "middle" version but with different lighting, more realistic breasts and the eyes are a bit closed which makes her look more natural. But her skin looks strange in both colour and texture. And where does the green light come from? This image has been remade twice without much improvement in my opinion. I still like the first version best. Why remaster something if you don't improve it on a big scale?

View attachment 1377624
Thank you for the side by side comparison. To me it looks like in the most recent remaster the lighting on the characters are better and brighter. Compare this with some other VN's night scenes where the renders are so dark you can't see anything at all.

Reactions: Ara-sH

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019

View attachment 1377559

View attachment 1377624
You literally showed a few pictures out of 500. And you pick the ones you thought were better in the older version.

Everyone, please play the first 2 updates by yourself and judge for your own whether the renders are better or not instead of looking at three pictures out of hundreds.

Also, the last two updates have been from different angles instead of the POV, so that's nothing new. Have you played the recent updates?

v1900

Apr 21, 2020

View attachment 1377559

View attachment 1377624
Damn, what is it with Zoey's new orange peel textured breasts? Does she has goosebumps? So many questions. :KEK:

Reactions: mofonistik

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019

View attachment 1377559

View attachment 1377624
Here's a bigger sample size than just a few for those who want to see.

1399578_a2_result.png
1399579_a2-1_result.png

1399581_a7_result.png
1399582_a7_result.png

1399583_a19_result.png
1399584_a19_result.png
1399586_a32_result.png
1399587_a32_result.png

1399599_a67_result.png
1399594_a67_result.png

1399608_b2_result.png
1399610_b2_result.png

1399616_b89-2_result.png
1399617_b89-2_result.png
1399618_b136_result.png
1399619_b136_result.png

But again, all of those complaining, please play the actual updates before you comment because playing the game is a totally different experience. If you still don't like it, fair enough, but this is the exact same style I've been doing the past 2 updates.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 109 Votes