4.00 star(s) 26 Votes

jojo1241

Apr 4, 2018
Seriously Elun, the free-roaming thing just killed your game i was enjoying chapter 1 and 2.

Sorry, but i'll pass on this one ...

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I think people are really overreacting to the new system. Its not really even "free-roam" you just click the quest that is the next part of the story to continue the story. the other stuff is optional side content.

it isn't one of those games where you have to mindlessly click every room to find out what it do next, its literally right in front of you on the map. There isn't any grind either, which people seem to assuming will be involved. and I say this as someone who hates those types of games, this isn't one of them.

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
I think people are really overreacting to the new system. Its not really even "free-roam" you just click the mission that is the next part of the story to continue the story. the other stuff is optional side content.

it isn't one of those games where you have to mindlessly click every room to find out what it do next, its literally right in front of you on the map. and I say this as someone who hates those types of games, this isn't one of them.
My main gripe is that it was great how it was so why change it?

The only answer I can think of that the dev hit a dead end to the story direction and instead of just suspending his patreon page until inspiration came he "changes" the game and releases an update with almost nil story content and a shiny new symbol to click on to get said new almost nil content... CHA-CHING $$$... keep that patron money flowing...

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
My main gripe is that it was great how it was so why change it?

The only answer I can think of that the dev hit a dead end to the story direction and instead of just suspending his patreon page until inspiration came he "changes" the game and releases an update with almost nil story content and a shiny new symbol to click on to get said new almost nil content... CHA-CHING $$$... keep that patron money flowing...
That could be valid, but this dev only has a handful of patrons and makes a whopping 340 dollars a month. Not a big "cha-ching" to me, or a "flow".

And it didn't really change much at all, the only real "change" is including optional content for people to do with their favorite girl(s). I would think people would like that. the story still progresses like normal, you just click the quest button to continue, not a big deal IMO.

Reactions: UncleVT

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
That could be valid, but this dev only has a handful of patrons and makes a whopping 340 dollars a month. Not a big "cha-ching" to me, or a "flow".

And it didn't really change much at all, the only real "change" is including optional content for people to do with their favorite girl(s). I would think people would like that. the story still progresses like normal, you just click the quest button to continue, not a big deal IMO.
Fair enough points and to each their own. I am sure some will like optional stuff and avoiding others they dont like.

My point is that the update was what? 5 mins of reading and a few renders? This is consinstent with all the devs who "change" to this "free roam" crap. All of a sudden each update, if and when there is an update is bare bones... but look at this shiny new map! Wooohooo!

Reactions: OdinValgallovih

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
AHHHH FFS!

Game started out as really interesting VN and now turns into another point a click disaster with crappy new content. Why oh why do these devs start out with a great story and then just take a huge crap right on there game? I mean honestly WHY?

:mad:
Well if you read earlier development notes of dev (might only have been on Patreon), he said this chapter three will be quest based, but not all the future chapters will be. At least two more of the coming chapters will be VN style, so grit your teeth and grind it out and you should get back to game play you enjoy more. I have not been able to play the last update yet, so can not comment on the way he implemented it, but he did say that part of the way he implemented it is so he could add each new quest in chapter 3 to the map immediately as soon as it is completed instead having to wait for a full update.

Time will tell if this will indeed be a fun way of doing it for dev and us players.

Edi: Dev had planned his story and the systems for the different chapters in advance, so it is at least not running into a block. It is a dev though who is learning with his first game, so we will see if he can pull off what he intended.

Reactions: johnelros

Baharomont

Aug 28, 2017
Heh... It rare, but i want say, i realy like Main Menu BGM... Game i ofcose alreay deleted becose fap-fap content low to normal play and waste my SD place... But this BGM i safe in my PC :D

Deleted member 237267

Oct 8, 2017
do you guys still have your saves? I savescummed like a mofo but now only like 3 remain on my pc
ok found my saves in the backlog of the game but they're no longer compatible. how about you guys?

Jun 20, 2018
I was (mistakenly) under the impression that the scene with the rapey twins would be avoidable in the full version of Episode 3, but when I loaded my end-of-2 save, it was unavoidable and I quit the game. Is there a way to avoid it at all?

Dec 6, 2017
I have no problem with this change, dont think this will become a grind game or anything like that, i enjoyed a lot this last update and cant wait for the next one!

Reactions: Easy Pete

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Not that big a fan of the free roaming style either but I'm willing too give this a chance so far the story has been decent and the women are mysterious and beautiful.

Reactions: Aprilsun

Frank Rosario

Engaged Member
Jan 1, 2018
Update 03/03/2020
Starting from version 3.3.4 the Italian translation is included directly in the game. I thank Elun for agreeing to use my translations officially and, above all, for associating Italian with the magnificent and wonderful Julia.
A partire dalla versione 3.3.4 la traduzione italiana e' inclusa direttamente nel gioco. Ringrazio Elun per aver accettato di utilizzare le mie traduzioni ufficialmente e, soprattutto, per aver associato l'italiano alla magnifica e meravigliosa Julia.

Update 06/07/2019
I've just made the Italian translation of "Secrets" version 3.31. I corrected many inaccuracies but there are still some.

########################

The folder pointed to by the link contains ALL the translations performed for the game. You need to download ONLY the one for your version.
The .rar file of the translation respects the following rules: XXX000yIta.rar where XXX=Acronym of the game, 000=Version, y=Revision (if any).

The link is:

Installation:
1) Delete ALL *.rpy files in the "game" folder and in all its sub-folders. IMPORTANT: The * .rpy files are not included in all versions of the game.
2) Copy the .rar file for your version to the game's "game" folder.
3) Unzip the files in this folder. You need to unpack with the EXTRACT HERE action, answering YES to any overwrite request.
4) An error may appear during the first run of the game. It's normal. Just close the game and restart it.

This translation includes additional commands to get back in the game and other useful options.

La cartella indicata dal link contiene TUTTE le traduzioni eseguite per il gioco. Devi scaricare SOLO quella per la tua versione.
Il file .rar della traduzione rispetta le seguenti regole: XXX000yIta.rar dove XXX=Acronimo del gioco, 000=Versione, y=Revisione (se c'e').

Installazione:
1) Cancellare TUTTI i file *.rpy presenti nella cartella "game" ed in tutte le sue sottocartelle. IMPORTANTE: Non in tutte le versioni del gioco sono presenti i file *.rpy.
2) Copiare il file .rar per la tua versione nella cartella "game" del gioco.
3) Scompattare i file in questa cartella. Occorre scompattare con l'azione ESTRAI QUI, rispondendo SI alla eventuale richiesta di sovrascrittura.
4) Durante la prima esecuzione del gioco puo' comparire un errore. E' normale. Basta chiudere il gioco e riavviarlo.

In questa traduzione sono compresi i comandi aggiuntivi per poter tornare indietro nello svolgere del gioco ed altre opzioni utili.

Last edited:

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
There is only that one quest right?

I am not sure of that system, but it looks not like a real free roam so it might be ok ...

BUT - the dev really needs a (better?) proofreader. There is some bad engrish in this - and that doesnt fit with the good art, ui and stuff.

Scyths

Mar 18, 2019
Just so I'm not wrong, the quest in the vault is the last thing you can do in the current version correct ?

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
Hey @the66 why don't you port this one?
because there are dozens of games i've also didn't port yet (yeah i'm a bit lazy).
but more important is the fact of the official version you probably get with the public release of Ep.3.
and if the dev's statement on his patreon account from jan 10 is still valid, it should happen this week.

4.00 star(s) 26 Votes