Ren'Py Secrets of the Family [v0.2.6BR2] [Stiffman Games]

3.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
Has anyone managed to trigger any of the following?
a) "Dancing" getting a Lap dance from Mom.
b) "Detention"

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020

Unlocked

It has been a busy week for me, barely having time to go through all the requests and comments on these platforms. I think I will be done with those this weekend, however I have already started making a few minor changes that won't affect the game loads or saves.
One of the things I am doing is changing the names from a text version to a graphic version, since I believe it will be easier to read. A minor change... I have created a heart system instead of the number system for the info pages for each character.
Later on after I am working on stage 3, I want to make a big change how the triggers work, so I am not trying to fix them every update. It will make the game run much smoother and be more reliable. It will also help with the quest information setup I currently have. It would also help the gallery system out as well. The way this works,(If you want to know) is every time a quest is completed, the game will get a completion node, which then tells the game to move forward with the others. It will be a work in progress during the next few updates, I think it will help the game out better.
Thanks to the people that told me to stop writing in OOP, because that is one reason why the game gets sluggish. I am use to writing in OOP, and I guess renp'y does not like it too well. So no more dots in my programming :)
This next update I will be including the next photoshoot, the beginning of Mari's events and the next event with Lynn. Brynn's events are rendered, but the script has not been written for this event. Lana's event will come into play during 2.8 update, and in 2.9 update, something will be known by Angela which will take us to stage 3.0.
My plan is to make 2.6.5 released by next weekend. 2.7 should be coming right after that, since I already have most of it rendered. I even have most of 2.8 rendered as well.
Have a great night and I will be posting again very soon!
Thank you as always for everything you do for me and this game. :)

1 Like

incrediban

May 4, 2017
Been stuck on 19% of stage two for weeks in-game after starting from new on VER.0.2.6BR2. I know there is more content available that people have spoken about here, but there seems to be no way forward.

Can only ask Val about Brynn at the gym, and see the breast touching shower scene with Brynn/Val afterwards
Valerie never sends the next photo, and also sits on the kitchen floor each morning if Brynn isn't around
I can't meet Val in her office, Lynn at the arcade, Angela at the shooting range or her work, and Brynn doesn't talk in the library (but always has the same classroom conversation at least twice a week)
Mari won't talk to me at the convenience store or talk much in the park, Brynn won't tell me about her crush (or the quest line repeats if I don't ask) or talk to me in the kitchen
I apparently need to have breakfast with Angela more but have had the same conversation dozens of times
Angela loves a couch nap with cunnilingus dreams, and there has been no wake-up changes for some time regardless of which bedroom
Masturbating with the toy or in the bath leads to nothing for any targets from what I can see
I've viewed Angela's magazine with her many times, and had the same mildly suggestive yoga session
The Brynn/Val pool conversation repeats each Saturday even though Brynn is also in the kitchen somehow
Angela is also unchangingly sad and pensive every Saturday evening
The Sunday pool sequence is a mess, it goes from asking about a photo into the Rayne bikini debut with some sisterly kisses automatically

Is there any way to progress?

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
Been stuck on 19% of stage two for weeks in-game after starting from new on VER.0.2.6BR2. I know there is more content available that people have spoken about here, but there seems to be no way forward.

Can only ask Val about Brynn at the gym, and see the breast touching shower scene with Brynn/Val afterwards
Valerie never sends the next photo, and also sits on the kitchen floor each morning if Brynn isn't around
I can't meet Val in her office, Lynn at the arcade, Angela at the shooting range or her work, and Brynn doesn't talk in the library (but always has the same classroom conversation at least twice a week)
Mari won't talk to me at the convenience store or talk much in the park, Brynn won't tell me about her crush (or the quest line repeats if I don't ask) or talk to me in the kitchen
I apparently need to have breakfast with Angela more but have had the same conversation dozens of times
Angela loves a couch nap with cunnilingus dreams, and there has been no wake-up changes for some time regardless of which bedroom
Masturbating with the toy or in the bath leads to nothing for any targets from what I can see
I've viewed Angela's magazine with her many times, and had the same mildly suggestive yoga session
The Brynn/Val pool conversation repeats each Saturday even though Brynn is also in the kitchen somehow
Angela is also unchangingly sad and pensive every Saturday evening
The Sunday pool sequence is a mess, it goes from asking about a photo into the Rayne bikini debut with some sisterly kisses automatically

Is there any way to progress?
I don't know if this will be any help as a number of daily events are "Random"
But this is a rough record of what I did in stage two.
I am now stuck at 25%.
I have not triggered "Dancing" "Detention" "Meeting Flora" nor have I met Brynn at the pool while wearing my new bikini.

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
Bit grindy but very nice looking characters.
WRT the minigames, might be a good idea to add some text to give us a clue what we're supposed to do, before the game starts. So far, the minigame consists of - screen changes, one second later you fail. What the heck was I supposed to be doing???

Last edited:

Aspy62

Jun 15, 2023
Im stuck in the laundry, going round in circles looking for Angela's clothes. Is there a way out?

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
Im stuck in the laundry, going round in circles looking for Angela's clothes. Is there a way out?
Just keep clicking on things. Took me a few clicks on *everything* to get it to recognise them all. Both machines, the baskets, clothes, etc.

Ravnen

Dec 25, 2020
ok I cant get Vals pool quest to advance, Brynn wont speak to me at Library, and Val is never in her office, So I can continue the flirting quest.
Im stuck in a loop here.
A little help any one??

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
ok I cant get Vals pool quest to advance, Brynn wont speak to me at Library, and Val is never in her office, So I can continue the flirting quest.
Im stuck in a loop here.
A little help any one??
What version are you using?
The current "Patreon" version is 0.2.6BR4.

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
Screenshot 2023-07-02 071033.jpg Screenshot 2023-07-02 071139.jpg Screenshot 2023-07-02 071205.jpg

Unlocked

Hello and good evening everyone!
As you can see, I have changed the GUI for another part of the game. I have also implemented the names to be graphical instead of the boring text. I could not read the names well enough, so I decided to make it more... pretty.
As far as this update is concerned, I am almost complete with the final update for 2.6. There has been a lot of things I have tried to trigger, and almost have this finished. I have one or two more things to do to set up the Mari event and the Laptop screens to be active. Here is the current changelog:
  • Changed names to be graphical instead of text
  • Changed top nav to be graphical as well
  • Revamped Angela's code to be more stable with randomizations
  • Made it easier to call mom during the afternoons for photoshoot if not asked
  • Added part 4 in arcade series / achievement award is complete. Quest info is complete for this stage.
  • Changed GUI for Load, Save, and Setup pages. (No need to restart!)
  • Added Dancer Event One for Angela
  • Added progress for the arcade events for Lynn.
  • Added the continuation to valgym 2 after brynn showers part 3
  • Added Val to flirt again for the continuation of flirting.
  • Brynn showers now is more relative to the storyline and also triggers correctly after the gym events. Part 4 is in update 2.7
  • Mari in the park is complete and now separated from the other event during the park events
The one thing that still stumps me is why sometimes when you play stage 1 to the end, you still only get 95% instead of the 100%. I am still looking for that in the code. Everything for stage 1 does trigger, and I have seen it happen to only 95%. It is something I look for every time I play this or check the code.
Expect the update to drop sometime in the evening tomorrow night if all goes well. For now... I want to finish up the laptop screens and the events for that. 2.7 should be a quick update since I already have most of the images rendered.
Thanks as always and have a great night!

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
Screenshot 2023-07-03 010610.jpg

Unlocked

If you read below, that is the changelog for this update.
i have added a few more things to this, and fixed yet another trigger that allows a scene to happen after yoga 2.
The Mari event has started and will finish in the next update.
My plan for the next update is going to take about 3 weeks to finish, so look for it come mid-July.
Thanks for all your help and support! I appreciate it all!

3.80 star(s) 13 Votes