Ren'Py Secrets of the Family [v0.2.6BR2] [Stiffman Games]

3.80 star(s) 13 Votes

BOBJevent

Feb 23, 2020

Unlocked

I am very behind on what I wanted to accomplish with this, this week. My main computer I render with decided to have a 4TB drive start having sort of a diabetic seizure. The databases across the drive had errors everywhere, the .duf's became corrupt and the image folders had no more images! I brought my computer to my shop and ran the hard drive through a series of fixes and drive repairs. I was able to get everything back and put onto another drive I had in my secondary computer (Angela) which then I was able to try to fix all the issues. To no avail, Daz installer installed the newest version, which, of course broke every scene I had created using 4.15. 3 days of stress and aggravation, I decided to just get 2 new 4TB SSD's for the main computer and rebuild my system back to where it was.
Thank GOD I am back to running at about 75% of everything from DAZ installer, using the older 4.15 and my iray servers. Things aren't giving me CMS errors anymore, Content libraries are in good standing, and I am using the newest VS coding program, since ATOM is no longer available with the right extensions.
I managed to get 26 renders done so far today, and getting probably another 100 or so done this weekend. I used my macbook to write the script while I was down, so at least I have story written for this too. I just thought you might want to know what has been a hell of a week, but at least the machine is running better than ever.
I hope you have a great night and thank you for being patient :)
Thanks for keeping us in the loop and good to hear you're back up and running again. Looking forward to your next release and very much enjoy your efforts. :love:

Reactions: Udayana

rachelrising

Sep 25, 2017
My question is....why are we seeing all these "updates" when we cannot access the game without paying ?...
If you are going to use this platform to self promote then at least give access to the very thing you are promoting.
as the people who do decide to give you money, get these "updates" on the other platform anyway
do you realize that it is not him "self promoting"? just another random user of this forum.
and just to let you know, i actually paid for the game on itch and i haven't gotten any update myself for a long time.
i think maybe that's the reason there hasn't been any update leaked here for so long, because he's only giving it to peoeple who pay him monthly for it. and they don't want to feed you for free with their money. (which i can understand)

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
do you realize that it is not him "self promoting"? just another random user of this forum.
and just to let you know, i actually paid for the game on itch and i haven't gotten any update myself for a long time.
i think maybe that's the reason there hasn't been any update leaked here for so long, because he's only giving it to peoeple who pay him monthly for it. and they don't want to feed you for free with their money. (which i can understand)
That's a bit different. On itch is still v0.2.5, of course for v0.2.6 you have to pay. But here we are talking of v0.2.6. The version v0.2.6br2 posted here (I think even from the dev himself) has troubles, would imo be not bad to post at least a patch/fix. Well, of course he don't have to do that, but for me that does not look good. There are quite some posters having problems with this outdated v0.2.6br2 on F95. But - silence here. For me not really trust building to support such a dev...

Oct 9, 2021
That's a bit different. On itch is still v0.2.5, of course for v0.2.6 you have to pay. But here we are talking of v0.2.6. The version v0.2.6br2 posted here (I think even from the dev himself) has troubles, would imo be not bad to post at least a patch/fix. Well, of course he don't have to do that, but for me that does not look good. There are quite some posters having problems with this outdated v0.2.6br2 on F95. But - silence here. For me not really trust building to support such a dev...
i bet it it would be released in septemer or october

TimKlein

Aug 17, 2022
When i play the game i always get this when they want to talk about the fantasy...
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/StageTwo/Actions/tvnightactions.rpy", line 154, in <module>
NameError: name 'fantasaytalk' is not defined.

i look in almost all the posts but cant find something about this...what i have to do ?

Regards

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
When i play the game i always get this when they want to talk about the fantasy...
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
NameError: name 'fantasaytalk' is not defined.

i look in almost all the posts but cant find something about this...what i have to do ?

Regards
'fantasaytalk' must be a typo for 'fantasytalk' in the file mentioned on the line above "NameError".
You should be able to find and edit it with

Last edited:
Reactions: TimKlein

TimKlein

Aug 17, 2022
'fantasaytalk' must be a typo for 'fantasytalk' in the file mentioned on the line above "NameError".
You should be able to find and edit it with
I try to change the fantasaytalk in to fantasytalk,but i cant save it ,so it still have the same name,what do i wrong in that program? regards

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
I try to change the fantasaytalk in to fantasytalk,but i cant save it ,so it still have the same name,what do i wrong in that program? regards
Hello.
Unless I missed it too there's no way to export a file from the web page.
You can copy the code which the decompiler shows, paste it into a text editor, name the file tvnightactions.rpy, correct the typo and drop the file where tvnightactions.rpyc is. When you launch the game it will compile tvnightactions.rpy into tvnightactions.rpyc, replacing the old file with the typo.
I hope this helps.
Regards.

I wanted to attach the .rpy file itself but it doesn't seem to work.
Code:
label tvnight3:

show screen mchomescreen
    show screen tvnight3action

call screen blankscreen
    jump tvnight3

screen tvnight3action():
    tag loctag
    add "//images/homeareas/livingroom/tvnight3action.jpg"

imagebutton idle "/images/homeareas/livingroom/tvnight3_idle.png" focus_mask True:
        hover "/images/homeareas/livingroom/tvnight3_hover.png"
        action Jump('tvnight3ext')

label tvnight3ext:
    hide screen tvnight3action
    scene tvnight3-1 with dissolve3
    ra "Good evening Mom..."
    an "Hi Darlin'..."
    ra "I noticed that you got a new outfit on. I really like the color."
    an "Darlin'... Can I ask you something?"
    scene tvnight3-2 with dissolve2
    ra "Sure Mom. Anything..."
    an "Well..."
    if angelakissedval:
        an "I know you saw me kiss Valerie. Are you jealous I did that?"
        ra "No Mom... I actually thought it was hot! Not to sound like a perv or anything, but it was very..."
        an "Erotic?"
        ra "Yes... Why do you ask?"
        scene tvnight3-3 with dissolve2
        an "Well... Because, I want you to know that was for fun. Not to make you jealous or angry."
        ra "I am not. You know that I still think of that day. I still can't believe that you allowed me to see that."
        scene tvnight3-4 with dissolve2
        an "So... Did you ever want to see that again?"
        ra "I feel like this is a trick question..."
        an "It isn't, I would not do that to you."
        ra "So... Honestly, yes... I would not mind seeing that again..."
        scene tvnight3-5 with dissolve2
        an "So... If I were to... Let's say... Set something up, would you like to be a part of it?"
        ra "What do you mean Mom?"
        an "I will take that as a yes... We will see when and where..."
        an "Did you want to do anything tonight?"
        menu:
            "Watch another episode..." if True:
                scene tvnight3-7 with dissolve2
                an "I suppose we can... I just thought... But, Ok Darlin'."
                ra "Great! I have been dying to see this new show... I hope you will like it."
                ant "{i}I hope so too... Damn...{/i}"
                $ angela.worry -= 2
                scene black with wipe
                jump timeskip
            "Talk a little more?" if True:
                scene tvnight3-6 with dissolve2
                ra "I was kind of hoping that we can talk a little more... But I am so tired from doing so much today."
                an "We can just go to bed Darlin' That is fine."
                ra "I am sorry Mom. I am just very tired."
                an "Ok, Then let's go to bed."
                scene black with wipe
                jump timeskip
            "Talk about a fantasy?" if True:
                if fantasytalk <= 1:
                    ra "Mom... Do you think about kissing Val still?"
                    an "No, not really, why?"
                    ra "It's just that..."
                    menu:
                        "Tell her about your fantasy?" if True:
                            ra "So... I go to take a bath when you're at work..."
                            an "I know. It's good you keep clean..."
                            ra "Well... I also sometimes... you know..."
                            scene tvnight3-8 with dissolve2
                            an "I do to sometimes, as you know."
                            ra "I imagine you and Val... Kissing... And it makes me get there faster..."
                            scene tvnight3-9 with dissolve2
                            ra "I also imagine Val sometimes, having sex with you."
                            an "Really? And that turns you on? Imagining me with my sister?"
                            ra "Yes... I am sorry... I feel so..."
                            scene tvnight3-10 with dissolve2
                            an "Actually... It shouldn't... I think it's normal to imagine things like that. I am excited that you think of me in a way most people would be afraid of."
                            ra "I'm not really afraid of..."
                            an "Well, you know. Fantasies can be very strong. I love that you think of me in that way. And I can help you when I am not around. That's what hot about it."
                            ra "Mom... I don't deserve you. You are the best!"
                            scene tvnight3-11 with dissolve2
                            an "I'm not the best, but thank you for making me feel like I am."
                            ra "You always will be the best to me."
                            scene black with wipe
                            jump timeskip
                        "Avoid the question?" if True:

ra "I think it was so hot watching you two kiss... It made me... Horny..."
                            an "It did? Well, then you should tell me about it sometime."
                            ra "I will. Maybe we should got to sleep. I am feeling tired tonight."
                            an "That would be fine. We should. I always get up early..."
                            ra "I know you do."
                            scene black with wipe
                            $ fantasytalk += 1
                            jump timeskip
                elif fantasytalk >=1 and fantasytalk <=3:
                    ra "Mom... Do you think about kissing Val still?"
                    an "No, not really, why?"
                    ra "It's just that..."
                    menu:
                        "Tell her about your other fantasy?" if True:
                            ra "So... I go to take a bath..."
                            an "yes?"
                            ra "I keep thinking of you, masturbating in front of me..."
                            an "Then what happens?"
                            scene tvnight3-8 with dissolve2
                            ra "I imagine you kissing me down there... And it makes me..."
                            scene tvnight3-9 with dissolve2
                            an "So you imagine me kissing your body all the way down?"
                            ra "Yes... I am sorry... I feel so..."
                            scene tvnight3-10 with dissolve2
                            an "Actually... It shouldn't... I think it's normal to imagine things like that. I am excited that you think of me in a way most people would be afraid of."
                            ra "Do you really think so?"
                            an "Well, you know. Fantasies can be very strong. I love that you think of me in that way."
                            scene tvnight3-11 with dissolve2
                            an "but, now knowing that... Rayne?"
                            ra "Mom?"
                            scene tvnight3-12 with dissolve2
                            an "I think knowing all of this has got me a little... Ummm..."
                            ra "Has it? Do you still want me to tell more some other time?"
                            scene tvnight3-13 with dissolve2
                            an "I enjoy you telling me these... Thinking of you that way, makes me hotter than ever."
                            ra "I know... It does that to me too."
                            scene tvnight3-14 with dissolve2
                            ra "Mom... You know you can always be yourself around me. I will never ask you to stop when you're with me."
                            ra "I love watching you play like this..."
                            an "I know. I also like watching you..."
                            scene tvnight3-15 with dissolve2
                            ra "When can we do more than play around?"
                            an "You mean the no sex policy?"
                            ra "Yeah... That."
                            scene tvnight3-16 with dissolve2
                            an "I promised you when the time was right... We have to be careful not to draw too much attention."
                            ra "I know... I really want the fantasy to become real..."
                            an "I do too Darlin'... But we have to wait a bit longer..."
                            ra "I understand Mom..."
                            ant "{i}Damn! So patient! I love her for that...{/i}"
                            $ fantasytalk += 1
                            scene black with wipe
                            jump timeskip
                elif fantasytalk <=4 or fantasytalk >= 5:
                    ra "Well... You said to wait... So I will... More coming..."
                    $ fantasytalk == 5
                    scene black with fade
                    jump timeskip
    elif True:
        scene tvnight3-3 with dissolve2
        an "I also like your outfit. I think that we should have a conversation about Val..."
        ra "What's the matter with Val?"
        an "Well, she has a problem with... intimacy... So..."
        scene tvnight3-4 with dissolve2
        ra "Intimacy? You mean she hasn't been with anyone in a long time?"
        an "Well... Not like that... Ever since she had the trauma from her ex, she started having difficulties with her... Orgasms."
        an "She can't have any... Doesn't know what it feels like. I don't think she ever had one before."
        scene tvnight3-5 with dissolve2
        ra "Why are you telling me this?"
        an "Just in case... Anyways... We should watch something quick... I wanted to see you before we sleep."
        ra "We can. I like seeing you too Mom. We can watch anything you like."
        an "Great."
        scene black with wipe
        rat "{i}HINT: Mom has to kiss Val at the pool to continue this night...{/i}"
        jump timeskip
# Decompiled by unrpyc: https://github.com/CensoredUsername/unrpyc

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahchi

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020

Unlocked

As you all know by now, databases are the worst!
I have reloaded windows and all the programs onto a new drive, and started importing over 4500 assets into the daz system. I have finally successfully rendered a few scenes. Here is the issues going forward:
Each scene may have to be re-made as the database and metadata for daz changed since the updates and the drive becoming corrupt. I managed to save most of the files and thank god I had a backup of all the characters in the cloud. Most of the scenes that are in the cloud are download as of right now. It's almost about 2 Teras, so that will take until morning to grab.
Also, thank GOD I have two other machines I work with that still work and I can ultimately process the scenes on them if need be.
The good news is, is that all the script for part 2 of WRCTF is competed. I just need to fill in the renders and content for it. I already started making the next chapter in that as well. Since, all I do is wait for the computer to update, download and import.
Thanks for the patience. I was hoping to get this all done this weekend if everything goes well enough.

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
Wait!... What?

Unlocked

Hello once again on this beautiful Sunday. Here is the news from the software from hell...
The system is now back up, and it is finally rendering correctly, the servers are all in sync, content library is now no longer giving me issues, and the computer is now running better than it did. Thanks to my good friend LegacyUser, he had helped me figure many things out why the machine was getting corrupted.
So my next plan is to make a clone backup again of the new SSD I am using for the machine to a new SSD as a main backup which will help me keep going if this ever happens again. I have ordered a new 8TB HDD to also clone the content and the game files for all my games so that way, if that goes bad once again, I can keep moving forward without trying to figure out why.
I have also ordered new ram for the computer, since I had 128GB of ram on the main machine, now I am down to 64GB. Still runs like a charm, I am just greedy that way with ram.
So, the image above is a completed render for the next chapter of WRCTF Redux. 2 weeks in the making... (Suppose to laugh... But, not) So today, this is all I am doing is making renders and render and render and render. The script is completely done, so I don't have to do anything but make the images and the new animations.
Thank you all for standing by me during this chaotic time. I am working fast now and will get this out probably this week if all goes well. :)

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
On and on..

Unlocked

Only good news tonight... I have only seven more scenes to go for the finish of chapter two. Chapter three is already in the works for writing... (Only because I couldn't render)
A few things to look for in this update:
A new GUI, such as with Secrets. The names have been changed to graphical icons, and I am trying to make a different type of gallery for this game, which will include hidden images through-out the game to unlock images. Also each character will have their own set of achievements on a screen.
I am working daily and staying up late to complete this before it stops working again. Tomorrow I am cloning the machine to two 4TB SSD's, an 8 TB Drive, 2 new 2TB M2 SSD's, and another backup on a 20TB Mechanical Drive. I will never have to go through this again!
Thank you for all your support here, as the backups would not be possible without the help from you all! I appreciate everything you do for me and my quest.

Reactions: Djee-M

BDFanZone

Oct 28, 2022

Unlocked

Only good news tonight... I have only seven more scenes to go for the finish of chapter two. Chapter three is already in the works for writing... (Only because I couldn't render)
A few things to look for in this update:
A new GUI, such as with Secrets. The names have been changed to graphical icons, and I am trying to make a different type of gallery for this game, which will include hidden images through-out the game to unlock images. Also each character will have their own set of achievements on a screen.
I am working daily and staying up late to complete this before it stops working again. Tomorrow I am cloning the machine to two 4TB SSD's, an 8 TB Drive, 2 new 2TB M2 SSD's, and another backup on a 20TB Mechanical Drive. I will never have to go through this again!
Thank you for all your support here, as the backups would not be possible without the help from you all! I appreciate everything you do for me and my quest.
I support you in this bad patch...be brave just one question: why is Itch.io no longer kept up to date?

Snowfoxia

Aug 16, 2023
While running game code:
NameError: name 'fantasaytalk' is not defined

and what i have to do for stage 2? ^^

3.80 star(s) 13 Votes