Ren'Py Abandoned Secrets of Whispering Pines [Day 6] [BLACKHEART GAMES]

4.10 star(s) 38 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adaptis

Oct 19, 2017
Gotta say, I enjoyed the introduction to the story, and am loving the characters so far, the horror element was good too, not too much horror but more than enough to keep you wondering if a cheap jump scare is around the corner.
I'm grateful for the in-game cheating that allows you to see objects jump around when you're in detective mode, the first time around I didn't use it, after the second time around I see that the items are at least easy enough to spot without having you clicking on every individual grain of sand to try and see if it reveals a hidden piece you might have missed.
Love the interactions with the many different girls so far too, especially the daughters(insert Ainsley face).
In a sea of games with protagonists going to school or working that boring office job, its nice to find a game or two that does something different, I'm looking forward to the next update.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Thanks to the last TG update, I now have to seriously put Kenzie on my list of sus L.I., totally hyped for this game in addition to TG!

Reactions: Seath Black

masterd16

Jun 13, 2021
Love the mystery aspect combined with the lovely coeds. Kinda gives me a campy camp slasher feel which is awesome. Can't wait for the next update.

• Red Heart

maxikidXD

Feb 13, 2020
well ok i think i need to ask this... in this game i can see there are 2 scenes i just cant get... 1 with abby and 1 with maddie... anyone knows how to get this?

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
only if you choose maddie is bi
Was kinda torn on that choice. If you choose bi, is she in a relationship with her friend or are they just friends with benefits? Considering I don't like sharing I went straight, but might consider changing it if she is single, but just likes girls too.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Was kinda torn on that choice. If you choose bi, is she in a relationship with her friend or are they just friends with benefits? Considering I don't like sharing I went straight, but might consider changing it if she is single, but just likes girls too.
I chose bi because I hoped it would help progress MC's relationship with Maddie too, and I wasn't disappointed. If the cave scene is a sign of things to come :giggle:

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
I chose bi because I hoped it would help progress MC's relationship with Maddie too, and I wasn't disappointed. If the cave scene is a sign of things to come :giggle:
Now I'm intrigued enough to consider making another save with her being bi and see how that plays out. I'm ok with my girls/L.I.s having fun with other girls, I just don't like having to share if it means they are already in some kind of relationship. On a side note, I thought it was cute how the friend was crushing big time on the MC on the straight Maddie route.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

Seath Black

Jun 17, 2020
it wont be solely them. its to set up a story arc that is worth going down. TRUST ME lol. But also, i want ALL choices to matter. In day 2, you will see vastly different scenes if you choose options. But to answer the question, no. The bi path wont lock you out of content with them. Its more of a set up. I gave people an option bc I know some people hate to share. Thanks!

Reactions: jaw1986baby

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
Finally got caught up on all three of these games. It's been a fun few weeks.

First, I gotta say I feel your games are almost criminally underrated on this site. Three and a half stars for Blackheart Hotel? Just four stars for The Guardian? And not that many reviews and comments? These games show more creativity and originality behind them than just about any games on this site. Thankfully it seems you have a very dedicated fanbase that properly appreciates what you do, so your paid subscribers aren't lagging behind other games anywhere near as badly.

Also I think it's super cool how you've created these games that have very different tones and yet still have universe tie ins with the other stories. I'm not that into superhero movies, so this is kind of a Marvel universe that even I can get behind.

I'm looking forward to updates on all of them, but it feels like your base quality level has significantly improved with each new release. Particularly with the graphics and models. Julie and Ruby are by far your best looking models in any of these games, IMO.

Keep up the good work!

Seath Black

Jun 17, 2020
Finally got caught up on all three of these games. It's been a fun few weeks.

First, I gotta say I feel your games are almost criminally underrated on this site. Three and a half stars for Blackheart Hotel? Just four stars for The Guardian? And not that many reviews and comments? These games show more creativity and originality behind them than just about any games on this site. Thankfully it seems you have a very dedicated fanbase that properly appreciates what you do, so your paid subscribers aren't lagging behind other games anywhere near as badly.

Also I think it's super cool how you've created these games that have very different tones and yet still have universe tie ins with the other stories. I'm not that into superhero movies, so this is kind of a Marvel universe that even I can get behind.

I'm looking forward to updates on all of them, but it feels like your base quality level has significantly improved with each new release. Particularly with the graphics and models. Julie and Ruby are by far your best looking models in any of these games, IMO.

Keep up the good work!
thank you! Spread the word. And I'm glad you enjoy them. I want to make more and more of the stories and I plan on being here for a while.

Arato23

Apr 19, 2021
So is this like a Friday the 13th movie as a VN? I'm intrigued I love slasher films like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.10 star(s) 38 Votes