Derezz

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2019
Great start, cool renders ...

It would be nice if there would be a summary, how many secrets/collectables the player has found, e.g. "5/5 secret cards", etc.
At the moment it is easy but once there are hundreds of secrets in the game that kind of info would be very useful.
Yes, I thought of that too. And later I thought, we can already see how many scenes can be unlocked in the secret gallery. And I put that idea aside. But I still have it in my mind, maybe I can add it in the upcoming episodes.

Intel Iris Xe
For some reason, Intel graphics card users have such a problem. It might be related to the Ren'Py version. I'll look into the cause specifically. It shouldn't be like that. Because even on phones, I did not observe any performance issues.

Last edited:

Suiko

Jun 7, 2017
Planned Tags: Vaginal Sex

Oh, okay, I guess that's one way of confirming that there is no sex, sex scene yet. I applaud your sincerity. Does that mean I'm gonna play the current version? Sadly, no. But credit where credit is due.

Reactions: Derezz

Bullgano10

Mar 6, 2019
What a great game! :love: I am glad you guys are able to make kind of unique game as like this one. I think Dad will be died and Mother(Jenny) move to MC's near for living together and yes, after that moment we can watch some incest sex. :sneaky:

By the way, I am kinda sad because we didn't see any airport scene between MC and Jenny, even Jenny were saw the MC's bulge thing tho. She was able to wear some sexy clothes for farewell to her son, but its okay. :confused:

I totally respect and follow this game, good luck! (y)

Last edited:
  • Love

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Yes, I thought of that too. And later I thought, we can already see how many scenes can be unlocked in the secret gallery. And I put that idea aside. But I still have it in my mind, maybe I can add it in the upcoming episodes.

For some reason, Intel graphics card users have such a problem. It might be related to the Ren'Py version. I'll look into the cause specifically. It shouldn't be like that. Because even on phones, I did not observe any performance issues.
I looked at your script and you use "Show" for multiple images when using the phone without using "Hide" or "scene" to stop showing the images. The lag or stuttering could be from having so many images running in the background on PC's or VGA cards with low RAM and VRAM. I learned that the hard way when writing code to play consecutive animations. I'd have so much stuff running Ren'Py would CTD.

drhotrod

Aug 18, 2019
Do the secret hidden objects remain at in the scene until discovered or disappear forever if you miss them?

snarkster1558

Feb 27, 2019

Thanks!

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Ok, that was pretty short. Just got done.

Here are my thoughts. The dad is pretty cool. It's nice to have an actual father figure every once in a while. Looks like his days are numbered though lol. I guess it's to make room for the MC in the future. I think that's a fine choice. Can't really cuck a cool ass dad like him, so RIP.

I can see that a lot of love and effort went into creating this. The presentation is very high quality all around. The renders are stunning. The environment, UI, models, everything looks great. I can't quite remember anything about the sound and music, so I guess at the very least, they were not annoying.

That said, I personally felt like it's a lot of glamor without much substance. It's not all that user friendly or immersive either. I echo the other dude's sentiment that the constant need to check the phone for the next step is annoying. Sometimes, the next destination is intuitive based on the script, other times you have no idea. As someone who doesn't like pointless free roaming and sandbox in general, I was not impressed by this at all. There is only one destination at any given time. The entire thing played linearly, just with pointless clicking involved. I abhor hidden item finders, so I didn't even attempt to look for those. I assume there will be a mod to unlock those eventually.

Although we didn't need money yet, but I can kind of already see how annoying it would be to make money if we need large amounts of it. I actually love 2048. It's one of the few games I have on my phone. That said, it's a pretty long game. I got to 512 before messing up. Yea, it's a fun diversion, but if I have to play this repeatedly to grind money, and not because I just want to, it will get old pretty fast. I won't even comment on the rock paper scissors. It's boring as fuck and unimaginably slow waiting for the computer to play their hand. On top of this, it just doesn't even make sense that you can make money from these games.

The writing is a mixed bag. The father was written to be different than the normal crap we get, but the MC is the typical nerdy twerp, doing the same tired actions we see in every game. Yoga, shower peeking, sleep groping, boner popping. It was so cliche and kind of cringy. That said, I am probably just not the right audience for this childish stuff at this point after seeing it in nearly every incest game that pops up. There ain't a rule that says you can't write stories like this though. Just do what you enjoy. The dialogues sounded natural and the English didn't have any glaring problems, so that's good.

I originally played this for the future tags that include some darker themes like blackmail, drugs, mind control, male dom, etc. I have a hard time seeing how this MC would eventually get there, if he ever will. I do really like stories about character growth and especially ones revolving around the corruption of the MC. That said, those types of stories generally have a more serious tone rather than this tropey incest plot with the "good kid" who is actually a rapist when you think about it.

A smaller nitpick is the dad's secret mission. He finds a huge ass fucking bomb, possibly of chemical nature, and he just blows it up... lol.

Anyways, I think you've spent a lot of time on this wanting to make it as slick as possible. You did a good job on the presentation, but some of the design decisions might not be everyone's idea of a good time.

Last edited:

Derezz

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2019
I looked at your script and you use "Show" for multiple images when using the phone without using "Hide" or "scene" to stop showing the images. The lag or stuttering could be from having so many images running in the background on PC's or VGA cards with low RAM and VRAM. I learned that the hard way when writing code to play consecutive animations. I'd have so much stuff running Ren'Py would CTD.
Can you tell me exactly which screen I'm not hiding? I checked it and I can't see anything. And I think this is logically impossible. If there was a screen that I didn't hide, it should have remained in front of your eyes all the time. In addition, the performance problem mentioned by Intel users is already happening when the phone is not active. And I'm already saying that I and my two friends didn't have any clear performance issues even on our old android phones. Also, I've never heard of such a problem from anyone other than Intel GPU users. Obviously, this is not related to code or anything else. Such simple screens or codes should not overwhelm a video card anyway. I think the problem may be related to the Ren'Py version. The VN engine.

Do the secret hidden objects remain at in the scene until discovered or disappear forever if you miss them?
You can always collect them as long as you are on free roam. These are never disappear. But you need to have completed a certain number of tasks for some of them to spawn.

can you explain to me what kind of update is it? There are no new scenes.
am I doing something wrong?
Hi, you can check the changelog in the OP. Everything is written there.

Last edited:

Derezz

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2019
desmosome

Thank you for the comment. Thank you for taking your time! If I have to answer some things;

I echo the other dude's sentiment that the constant need to check the phone for the next step is annoying. Sometimes, the next destination is intuitive based on the script, other times you have no idea.
Yeah, I took this into account and that's why you can now turn off notifications for tasks. In that way, you will not receive an unnecessary notification on your phone, but the tasks will still be visible in the app. So, if you think that the thing to do is already obvious, you won't get a notification and you don't have to pick up the phone and look. If you're lost, you can still pick up the phone and find out what to do.

I abhor hidden item finders, so I didn't even attempt to look for those. I assume there will be a mod to unlock those eventually.
I'll add a cheat code on the laptop for this :) But finding it will not be easy.

Although we didn't need money yet, but I can kind of already see how annoying it would be to make money if we need large amounts of it. I actually love 2048. It's one of the few games I have on my phone. That said, it's a pretty long game. I got to 512 before messing up. Yea, it's a fun diversion, but if I have to play this repeatedly to grind money, and not because I just want to, it will get old pretty fast. I won't even comment on the rock paper scissors. It's boring as fuck and unimaginably slow waiting for the computer to play their hand. On top of this, it just doesn't even make sense that you can make money from these games.
Since this is the first episode, I can't do much. What I could do for this was limited. But with the second episode, you will have more option to earn money.

Anyways, I think you've spent a lot of time on this wanting to make it as slick as possible. You did a good job on the presentation, but some of the design decisions might not be everyone's idea of a good time.
Thank you. I know, it's hard to please everyone. But I'm doing my best. You can be sure there will be more different things in the next episodes.

Reactions: EJW

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
desmosome

Thank you for the comment. Thank you for taking your time! If I have to answer some things;

Yeah, I took this into account and that's why you can now turn off notifications for tasks. In that way, you will not receive an unnecessary notification on your phone, but the tasks will still be visible in the app. So, if you think that the thing to do is already obvious, you won't get a notification and you don't have to pick up the phone and look. If you're lost, you can still pick up the phone and find out what to do.

I'll add a cheat code on the laptop for this :) But finding it will not be easy.

Since this is the first episode, I can't do much. What I could do for this was limited. But with the second episode, you will have more option to earn money.

Thank you. I know, it's hard to please everyone. But I'm doing my best. You can be sure there will be more different things in the next episodes.
Good luck. You can't please everyone, me included. It's your game. If whatever advise you get is compatible with your plans, take it into consideration.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
You can always collect them as long as you are on free roam. These are never disappear. But you need to have completed a certain number of tasks for some of them to spawn.
Well, that's a bummer. So you basically have to search every room over and over again or wait until you reached the end of the current game version :s
At least some indication would be nice, how many can be found with the current game progress.

So far it's a nice game and that 2048 minigame is addicting as free popcorn.

Derezz

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2019
Well, that's a bummer. So you basically have to search every room over and over again or wait until you reached the end of the current game version :s
At least some indication would be nice, how many can be found with the current game progress.

So far it's a nice game and that 2048 minigame is addicting as free popcorn.
Since there is only one place in Episode 1, I thought it wouldn't be difficult... I may figure something out for that in the next episodes. IDK.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Since there is only one place in Episode 1, I thought it wouldn't be difficult... I may figure something out for that in the next episodes. IDK.
Sounds great :)
Don't get me wrong, I actually like the search once in a while. And it's not about that one place in EP1. I was just generally speaking.
It can become frustrating to have to revisit places, just for the sake of it and without knowing if there is anything ready to be found in the first place.
I'm looking forward to the future updates.

3.50 star(s) 11 Votes