delacroix2

Nov 19, 2020
Hey, I thought I wasn't able to express my thoughs properly in this forum and there are some things I want to write about.

I didn't mention my thoughts about that at the beginning because I was a little nervous about that and it wasn't so necessary (the purpose of the first 2 episodes of the game was to introduce the main characters, and to talk roughly about the storyline of the game). Also, once this discussion is opened, the focus can completely shift from the game. So, I didn't want to talk about it instead of the game. Now that things have calmed down, I think it's time.

Wondering what I'm thinking? You can consider what I'll write now as future possible content in my game and my general view of all these stuff. Let's see;

Frankly, it doesn't seem natural to me that there are no guys other than MC in the games. Or, even if there are any guys in the game, it doesn't seem normal to me that they all act like gay and have no interest in girls(or girls have no interest in any guy other than MC). And I don't like it.

Secondly, I don't like the fact that MC seduces and fucks all the girls in the game is the only option, as is the case with 90% of their games today. This is starting to become very commonplace for me.

There must also be paths in which girls(or boiz) can experience various, different stories with others. Don't think of all of these as romantic relationships or NTR. Think some of them as different things based on the situations that occur(like blackmail) in the main story flow. In short, I don't want the relationships to progress too linearly and predictably in my game.

I enjoy almost any fetish between male and female. So I'm going to enjoy them all while making these different paths.

On your side, of course, which way you want to go must be entirely up to your preferences, and each of the paths involving these fetishes must be avoidable. There are people who like various fetishes in this forum, as everywhere else, and I think that's the only way everyone can be happy. Adding a fetish as a preference rather than not adding it at all. And being able to completely avoid the path you don't want to go( I don't mean skipping here ). So, don't think like "If there is swinging, blackmail, rape, etc. in this game, then there is no harem." All of them can be available and which way to go is up to you.

Some of you may think like "If this happens, the progress of the game will slow down, our content will be split in half. So, why would I want this kind of content?"

My first priority will always be the main story, the other content I mentioned will not overwhelm the main story of the game, you can be sure of that. So what I'm talking about doesn't mean fifty fifty. More like eighty-twenty.

This is my first game in this industry and I want to do my best and please everyone, want to appeal to large audiences( by doing it the way I enjoy, of course ). What I understood in my 6 months of developer experience here, in this forum, is that the only way to do this is what I'm talking about.

While writing this post, I thought a lot so as not to be misunderstood, so... If you let me know your thoughts about it (instead of facepalming), I would get more ideas on it. Thanks.
Are you taking off your mask:unsure:, you should be clear at the beginning so people don't waste their time.
When you create a VN you should know the future of the main/secondary characters or a basic idea, your words only express insecurity.
You can develop the game you like but keep your ideas in order. Good luck.

I see you as a developer for an adequate user. I completely agree with the idea of abandoning the harem of naivety or fanaticism from the ntr and bringing the player closer to situations more similar to reality.
If you want reality, get out of your house

Derezz

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2019
I love the fact that new devs when they make a VN they think
"the wheel works but .. I need to reinvent it.. need to make it better!!!"
will never understand why mess with a good thing, a thing that works just fine
but you do you.
I just want to add a little bit of variety to the game. Different fetishes which are completely avoidable and depend on choices. The game is still based on the story as mentioned at the beginning and its main purpose will never change. This will not be a game where the MC wants to share his girls.

It won't make sense for a harem game to have the mc share his girls or get them fucked by other dudes, is the same if you make an incest game and the mother, sister etc are getting fucked by other dudes instead of the mc, it goes against every concept of that "fetish/genre".
Again, this will not be a game where the MC wants to share his girls. Just small scenes and always avoidable. I will also indicate which important choices will lead to which path. You will not make wrong choices and suddenly find yourself cheated.

If you don't like the fact the mc seduces and fuck all the girls then simply don't put harem in your game because you will end up pissing off people and you won't do it right because "you don't like" the whole concept of what a harem game is, that is the mc getting em all.
I didn't say I didn't like harem... I just don't like it being the only option. I mean, there are dozens of people here with different fetishes, what's wrong with wanting to do something for everyone after they're all avoidable and depend on choices?

You can mix genres all you want but in the long term there will always be controversy because is like mixing salt and sugar at the same time and I'm not even going to talk about the fanbase fighting over each other for content etc...
Frankly, I'm not mixing the two opposite thing here. I would like to present both to you on the same tray, on different plates.
You can try just one you like, don't touch the other one and throw it away.
Even, I offer some of them just as sauces. It's up to you whether to dip your meal in all of these sauces or not. Not everyone has to like every sauce. Ahh, now I'm hungry.

Are you taking off your mask
Oh no, I'm just replacing it with a new one :BootyTime:

Last edited:

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
Frankly, it doesn't seem natural to me that there are no guys other than MC in the games. Or, even if there are any guys in the game, it doesn't seem normal to me that they all act like gay and have no interest in girls(or girls have no interest in any guy other than MC). And I don't like it.

Secondly, I don't like the fact that MC seduces and fucks all the girls in the game is the only option, as is the case with 90% of their games today. This is starting to become very commonplace for me.

There must also be paths in which girls(or boiz) can experience various, different stories with others. Don't think of all of these as romantic relationships or NTR. Think some of them as different things based on the situations that occur(like blackmail) in the main story flow. In short, I don't want the relationships to progress too linearly and predictably in my game.
Finally a more realistic story for once! Don't let the haters deter you from writing the story you want.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I didn't say I didn't like harem... I just don't like it being the only option. I mean, there are dozens of people here with different fetishes, what's wrong with wanting to do something for everyone after they're all avoidable and depend on choices?
So when are you adding vore, or maybe some gay content? Or what about some ABDL? You could even add some CBT, I heard people really love that one. You got to make everyone happy right?

Derezz

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2019
Ya had me at the start but ya just lost me. I came in for the harem not the "other" paths. I am sure most came here for said harem as well.
Then don't play the other small paths. Just follow the straight path. You don't even have to hear a word about them in the game if you don't want to.

Pfftth. Man. People don't even react that much to scam developers here.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I just want to add a little bit of variety to the game. Different fetishes which are completely avoidable and depend on choices. The game is still based on the story as mentioned at the beginning and its main purpose will never change. This will not be a game where the MC wants to share his girls.

Again, this will not be a game where the MC wants to share his girls. Just small scenes and always avoidable. I will also indicate which important choices will lead to which path. You will not make wrong choices and suddenly find yourself cheated.

Frankly, I'm not mixing the two opposite thing here. I would like to present both to you on the same tray, on different plates.
You can try just one you like, don't touch the other one and throw it away.
Even, I offer some of them just as sauces. It's up to you whether to dip your meal in all of these sauces or not. Not everyone has to like every sauce. Ahh, now I'm hungry.
I feel like it's every week there is a new dev trying to mix diametrically opposed kinks and make some kind of ntarem game or something. Of course that's totally up to you and your more than free to do so. Seeing as you asked for thoughts.

Rather I just won't buy (support) your meal when it comes with sauces I hate. I might eat it for free and toss the sauces in the trash, but I won't buy it. I'd rather go support the restaurant next door that makes the same food, that I like, without the stupid sauces.

You mention a few times it will be small stuff and avoidable etc. That's great, but personally I've already dismissed the game as something to not even bother trying. I"m already down 100m down the train of thought, either it will become too much with all the routes and things won't become as avoidable as promised because it's too much work, or it will just be abandoned because of too much work or you're become disillusioned because it's not universally accepted because of the kinks that don't mix, or because harem supporters won't support mixed content, the only ones you get will be the other side and it will become more and more focused on that. So there are already 5 or 6 ways it goes bad, so why bother trying it out and getting invested.

But I really do mean this and not as some platitude or cop-out, make whatever game you want to make. Don't give in to pressure or the temptation of money because if that takes you in a direction you dislike, you will get burnt out and it will become a chore to make.

I am glad you're being upfront about what you want to do, that puts you leagues ahead of other devs who say they won't do X and then go and do exactly that, or create a game and entire premise on a pure harem setup and drop surprise ntr in the first release with no warning or tags when everything about the game suggests it has no place.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
I noticed how you emphasize how small and insignificant the optional scenes/paths are so who exactly are you making them for? cause that's not going to satisfy the people that like that content I can tell you that they will want more.

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
Hey, I thought I wasn't able to express my thoughs properly in this forum and there are some things I want to write about.

I didn't mention my thoughts about that at the beginning because I was a little nervous about that and it wasn't so necessary (the purpose of the first 2 episodes of the game was to introduce the main characters, and to talk roughly about the storyline of the game). Also, once this discussion is opened, the focus can completely shift from the game. So, I didn't want to talk about it instead of the game. Now that things have calmed down, I think it's time.

Wondering what I'm thinking? You can consider what I'll write now as future possible content in my game and my general view of all these stuff. Let's see;

I enjoy almost any fetish between male and female. So I'm going to enjoy them all while making these different paths.

On your side, of course, which way you want to go must be entirely up to your preferences, and each of the paths involving these fetishes must be avoidable. There are people who like various fetishes in this forum, as everywhere else, and I think that's the only way everyone can be happy. Adding a fetish as a preference rather than not adding it at all. And being able to completely avoid the path you don't want to go( I don't mean skipping here ). So, don't think like "If there is swinging, blackmail, rape, etc. in this game, then there is no harem." All of them can be available and which way to go is up to you.

Some of you may think like "If this happens, the progress of the game will slow down, our content will be split in half. So, why would I want this kind of content?"

My first priority will always be the main story, the other content I mentioned will not overwhelm the main story of the game, you can be sure of that. So what I'm talking about doesn't mean fifty fifty. More like eighty-twenty.

This is my first game in this industry and I want to do my best and please everyone, want to appeal to large audiences( by doing it the way I enjoy, of course ). What I understood in my 6 months of developer experience here, in this forum, is that the only way to do this is what I'm talking about.

While writing this post, I thought a lot so as not to be misunderstood, so... If you let me know your thoughts about it (instead of facepalming), I would get more ideas on it. Thanks.
Well, from the beginning you let us know the different tags/fetishes that the game would have. And I myself asked if it was possible to avoid coercion (blackmail, rape, corruption, sleep sex, etc).

So it really doesn't surprise me that you want to include more stuff.

But honestly, I get the impression that you want to cover a lot of things and in a strange way. So, despite your word, it's impossible not to wonder if the content I'm looking for will be affected and reduced by this.

Anyway, you've made it clear that this is your way of looking at things and that there are things that don't seem natural or right to you in games/VN. I absolutely, absolutely disagree with that thinking, but I think it's a nice touch for you to say that and be honest about it. That said, now I think the game is definitely not for me, but I'm not closing the door on giving it a try when there's more content and seeing how much content there is based on my tastes.

P.S: "This will not be a game where the MC shares his girls. Just small scenes and optional." Well, I take this more as a joke, but you are totally contradicting yourself. The MC doesn't want to share his girls? BUT... It will be possible. So, the MC wants to share his girls. Maybe it will only be with one, or secondary girls, and it will be optional, but he will do it.

I understand you mean the core gameplay in general, which will not be the plot of the game. But, as I said, I think you should correct what you said.

Derezz

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2019
Rather I just won't buy (support) your meal when it comes with sauces I hate. I might eat it for free and toss the sauces in the trash, but I won't buy it. I'd rather go support the restaurant next door that makes the same food, that I like, without the stupid sauces.
Apart from this part, thank you for your nice comment. I already give you your favorite sauces. It's up to you whether to try the extra sauces or not.

either it will become too much with all the routes and things won't become as avoidable as promised because it's too much work
I'm considering adding 1 small route for each episode. So it won't be anything too complicated. You can be sure that I'm dealing with much more complex systems than that in the game :)

I noticed how you emphasize how small and insignificant the optional scenes/paths are so who exactly are you making them for? cause that's not going to satisfy the people that like that content I can tell you that they will want more.
If there are many people who are not satisfied and want more, they should specify them in the What If...? scenario suggestions and wait for the scenario they propose to be selected in the vote( What If...? is a separate content from the main game ).

P.S: "This will not be a game where the MC shares his girls. Just small scenes and optional." Well, I take this more as a joke, but you are totally contradicting yourself. The MC doesn't want to share his girls? BUT... It will be possible. So, the MC wants to share his girls. Maybe it will only be with one, or secondary girls, and it will be optional, but he will do it.
By that I mean, MC won't want to share the girls particularly. And these things are not going to be the main theme of the game. There will be small optional scenes featuring these fetishes.

I'm going to get some sleep now. Don't use all your emoji rights by facepalm me until I get back :KEK:

Last edited:

Derezz

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2019
Jeez, look at this comments (comments deleted :KEK:). I want to answer on the one hand, but... Almost all of them, instead of arguing properly, constantly spamming the same things or trying to make fun of me with their ears plugged. So I'm starting to wonder if I'm making a mistake by answering them. (comments deleted :KEK:)

Why not just play the game by following the path you love? Is this too difficult? I'm not forcing anyone to play the way they don't like. Just play the game and you will see that there is nothing worth arguing about. I will not upset anyone. Why don't we live well together under this roof?

And guys, please let's end this discussion. It began to drift towards a meaningless, bottomless pit again. I'll reply later to a few people who have made nice comments. Maybe via P.M, IDK. Because there may be replies to my reply as well.

:oops:I'm starting to understand why other devs ignore this type of comments on their threads and don't respond. Maybe I should start doing that too? IDK.. Because trying to be honest here and trying to explain something shortens one's life. Also extremely time consuming.:oops:

Last edited:

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021

this facepalming is ridiculous and childish

i dont agree with ntr blackmail and/or rape - if this happens i drop the game into the bin
and i will be a bit sad if other guys going to lay a hand on "my" girls"

but the dev has the right (and maybe the obligation) to let the players know what he´s planing

at the end its HIS game and story he (want to) share with us
a other book would it be if players demand those stuff

just my 2 cents

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
this facepalming is ridiculous and childish

i dont agree with ntr blackmail and/or rape - if this happens i drop the game into the bin
and i will be a bit sad if other guys going to lay a hand on "my" girls"

but the dev has the right (and maybe the obligation) to let the players know what he´s planing

at the end its HIS game and story he (want to) share with us
a other book would it be if players demand those stuff

just my 2 cents
Indeed and he should make the game he wants, whether I like that direction or not. Just the dev does miss one point. For some people avoidable is enough, for others like me that depending what a game is about (a fuckfest with FWB's for short terms is another sort of game then one about long term romantic prospects for example and in the first I do not mind people fucking around as much as long as no blackmail or abusive other dick/pussy) even avoidable routs have an impact since even without playing you find out what happens in rest game and for me it still has an impact on the characters in game and easily make me uninterested in them as LI's. To me how they act without MC interfering says more about them even as when MC is perfect and interferes all the time and basically any action they have shown will impact my view of them positively or negatively.

Every fetish you add to a game is great for the fans of that fetish and at best a waste for those who do not like it or even a serious turnoff. This even goes for the less heatedly debated fetishes like voyeurism, anal or feet and way more for the contentious ones like incest and rape for example to stay away from the obvious three letters.

In a romantic male MC game game about long term partners, which a harem also is, though any action of the girls for me says something about them and can make them easily unlikable, whether that is getting fucked by a horse, backstabbing the MC and be untrustworthy in general, be a super easy fuck for any abusive asshole with blackmail and other forms of rape and liking it and also basically when the game goes from being a single male MC game to multiple protagonist or basically becomes a females MC game I personally will lose my interest. Not even speaking of them giving it easily to any NPC and be a tough nut to crack for a MC that has to be Mr Perfect to even get some interest from girl. Why would I want to be with a girl like that, that is obviously more interested in anyone but me considering the amount of effort my MC has to put in compared to others. :p

So I am glad dev has been honest and I wish him all the luck and fun with getting supporters and develop the game. I might have a look much later on if game for me delivers enough of what I want, just it will be seriously unlikely that with 20% or more of development going to what I do not like and impact that will have on the girls and MC for me that has to share in game (avoidable or not) even if he does not want to I would ever decide to support and certainly not before very late in game development. Not impossible though, once or twice story was good enough to let me overcome the dislike, but those games were storywise much more as just fucking mom in last update of the game. :p

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Now, talking about this game, nothing of what the dev said he/she/it likes in in this game.
We have just the one MC, a lonesome young adult still living with his parents as a lonely child.
There is no social life of MC. There is no sex life of MC. THere is nothing about girls in MCs life.

So, why do I see in this game the only lewd scene in the household between his parents?
Did dev tell us we are going to spy on MCs parents?

Reactions: RogMR and Mayonesa

Derezz

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2019
Okay, I will speak frankly to you now;

You know what's funny and frustrating to me? Not only financially, people who do not support me even by making one comment or review, get angry and make bad comments when I say that I want to add completely optional new things to the game and appeal to a wider audience. If you like and play my game, why didn't you support me to continue like this?

Because when I don't get the support I expect(and for a long time), I think something went wrong and I need to do new things(or in worst case leave the project). Because day by day, my desire to continue in the same way is decreasing.

I already have a job, and if I'm devoting all my remaining free time to this, I want it to be worth it. This is no easy task.

HHTG

Jul 17, 2017
Okay, I will speak frankly to you now;

You know what's funny and frustrating to me? Not only financially, people who do not support me even by making one comment or review, get angry and make bad comments when I say that I want to add completely optional new things to the game and appeal to a wider audience. If you like and play my game, why didn't you support me to continue like this?

Because when I don't get the support I expect(and for a long time), I think something went wrong and I need to do new things(or in worst case leave the project). Because day by day, my desire to continue in the same way is decreasing.

I already have a job, and if I'm devoting all my remaining free time to this, I want it to be worth it. This is no easy task.
You probably didn't meant it like just adding stuff for money even if doesn't make sense, but that it's what's gonna make it look like it, some people will not support something that they have no idea where the goal is. BTW I still haven't tried the game so I don't really have an opinion on it, I just put games that I think are going to be interesting in my watch list but will only try them when they get more content, since most of the time games get dropped way too early and I just don't wanna get invested in.

Derezz

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2019
You probably didn't meant it like just adding stuff for money even if doesn't make sense
Of course, it's not all about money, you must love to be able to do this job. And I will never forcefully make or add something I will never love.

But in the end, that's where everyone looks. Not only for motivation, but also for advancing your project and paying equipment, invoice and asset costs.

For example, I have to run my computer at full load for 1 month in order to finish all the renders in an episode. At least that's how it is for the render quality and quantity of renders in my game(for now). Making such games is not easy and requires really good equipment. I always want to improve them. Even now( even though I can't do very complicated scenes ), some renders can be torture for me. I can give many reasons like this why I want to get some support.

And again, I'm not adding anything I don't like for the money. Don't take that out of what I'm saying. I left a lot of jobs that paid well but didn't like.

Last edited:

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Of course, it's not all about money, you must love to be able to do this job. And I will never forcefully make or add something I will never love.

But in the end, that's where everyone looks. Not only for motivation, but also for advancing your project and paying equipment, invoice and asset costs.

For example, I have to run my computer at full load for 1 month in order to finish all the renders in an episode. At least that's how it is for the render quality and quantity of renders in my game(for now). Making such games is not easy and requires really good equipment. I always want to improve them. Even now( even though I can't do very complicated scenes ), some renders can be torture for me. I can give many reasons like this why I want to get some support.
I can attest to the fact that equipment makes a world of difference. I bought myself a new computer for Christmas. It's not the best out there but it does have a 3070. The same render that once took over an hour now takes less than 10 minutes.

Reactions: User1230 and Derezz

Derezz

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2019
some people will not support something that they have no idea where the goal is. BTW I still haven't tried the game so I don't really have an opinion on it, I just put games that I think are going to be interesting in my watch list but will only try them when they get more content, since most of the time games get dropped way too early and I just don't wanna get invested in.
Also, people generally love this type of projects from the beginning and support for their progress. And that's what it should be. If you love and thinking of supporting it, just do it. It would be absurd to give no support to a project you love until the project is finished or goes too far. Developers spend an average of 3 months (at best and if you work hard, also not to mention the time spent creating the game for the first time) to make an episode of a quality game. So how far can you expect them to go without support?

Not for you, I'm saying it for anyone who expects a lot of content before supporting someone.

Last edited:

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
I'm not doing this for money someone suggested I should put up a patreon and a SS page so I did. I dont ask them to actually support me in any way. I value their opinions but I have also targeted my audience provided all current and potential future tags and whats there is there and I will not shock them with surprise content I know my target audience wont like. You just did that and your getting the expected feedback for your original intended audience. I like you also know what it takes time and money wise to do this but again I dont ask for others to pay for it. Hell not long ago I purchased a 3080ti and new PSU making my total investment in my pc almost 9 grand now.... This came out of my own pocket because I want to do this. Hell I took all of the money my patreon had gathered up until December and donated it so a few kids would be able to have a Christmas.
Sadly my health went into the shitter like a raging dumpster fire pulling me away from being able to spend much time if any at my pc. After spending a week in the hospital a few weeks ago I am slowly getting back a little health wise. All the while those that have supported me understood and are still there. Why because they trust me not to do like you have just done. Yea your gonna gain a few with this "out of the blue content" but at the same time your now going to lose more of your original potential audience and even possible future supporters because even if you make it optional/avoidable they wont trust you to keep it that way because you just broke that original trust by surprising them with this "out of the blue content" that they dont like announcement. So as everyone always says its your game do what you want but in the end dont cry about the complaints people will raise because you are the one that made that choice to do this even when they themselves have spoken and gave their opinions. The ball is in your court to consider them or ignore them.

3.50 star(s) 11 Votes