Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The whole idea is the lack of expectations in any good form.
We now have a whole 1st household where MC never gets anythign but alternate reality spin offs,
but his dad is the one having the action. Something gamers will watch and be like:
- all this hard work of grinding for this hottie attention and the action is hidden or with ma dad?
Then there is the nonexistent content spin off. Realistically, anyone getting this without a clue how to
get/see those alternate scens will just say it is poor taste to watch the dad bang the girl of our dreams.

We do not know anyhting about all that alternate reality stuff, we are loosing our sight searching for the
gears to activate the alternate reality scenes, MC is only dreaming of having a sex life,
while he is actually immagining effectively assaulting/molesting the girls he meets.

This is just hard to swallow right now. There is no agency to MC,
players have to follow the hints that only appear once and then push MC to follow them,
this is just like prison: gamers waiting on the game to give them permission to advance.

Derezz

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2019
I'm not doing this for money someone suggested I should put up a patreon and a SS page so I did. I dont ask them to actually support me in any way. I value their opinions but I have also targeted my audience provided all current and potential future tags and whats there is there and I will not shock them with surprise content I know my target audience wont like. You just did that and your getting the expected feedback for your original intended audience. I like you also know what it takes time and money wise to do this but again I dont ask for others to pay for it. Hell not long ago I purchased a 3080ti and new PSU making my total investment in my pc almost 9 grand now.... This came out of my own pocket because I want to do this. Hell I took all of the money my patreon had gathered up until December and donated it so a few kids would be able to have a Christmas.
Sadly my health went into the shitter like a raging dumpster fire pulling me away from being able to spend much time if any at my pc. After spending a week in the hospital a few weeks ago I am slowly getting back a little health wise. All the while those that have supported me understood and are still there. Why because they trust me not to do like you have just done. Yea your gonna gain a few with this "out of the blue content" but at the same time your now going to lose more of your original potential audience and even possible future supporters because even if you make it optional/avoidable they wont trust you to keep it that way because you just broke that original trust by surprising them with this "out of the blue content" that they dont like announcement. So as everyone always says its your game do what you want but in the end dont cry about the complaints people will raise because you are the one that made that choice to do this even when they themselves have spoken and gave their opinions. The ball is in your court to consider them or ignore them.
Look, it's good to speak the truth. No one wants to sit in front of a computer for months and burn their brains for charity. Whoever says otherwise is lying. If it won't give me anything, why should I spend many hours on every day on this when I can go and hang out with my friends or get some rest instead of work? Yes, I love this job, but I want it to be worth it. And there is nothing wrong with that. This is no different from a professional job for me. I spend as much time on this as I spend on my daily work. Just as people work in their daily jobs and earn money in return, this should be looked like this as well. For example, I want to make a living by doing this job that I love. That's the reason why I'm doing this. To get out of my daily job and do something I love more, as a job.

So yeah, there's nothing wrong with wanting to make money out of it. Of course, everyone who does this job properly should earn.

And, about shocking or failing those who support me, I don't think any of those commenting(not very helpful) here really support me. I didn't see any, even one positive comment or review from them. Here or anywhere else. My real supporters didn't mind it.

dont cry about the complaints
Nobody is crying. I just find it funny and frustrating. People who don't support me in the both ways I offer, can get angry, make fun of me and make bad comments.

Last edited:

HHTG

Jul 17, 2017
Also, people generally love this type of projects from the beginning and support for their progress. And that's what it should be. If you love and thinking of supporting it, just do it. It would be absurd to give no support to a project you love until the project is finished or goes too far. Developers spend an average of 3 months (at best and if you work hard, also not to mention the time spent creating the game for the first time) to make an episode of a quality game. So how far can you expect them to go without support?

Not for you, I'm saying it for anyone who expects a lot of content before supporting someone.
I know that there's people that want to believe in an idea of a project that's why they support someones patreon, but I would never do it, I will buy the final product if it's completed and I like it, I've seen way too many "games" come and go with empty promises and milking with barely any thing to show for it. New devs can only blame the ones before them that decided to "scam" other people.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Ok since you missed the point lets put it this way. You have 11 reviews, 20 patreons, your looking to make enough doing this to do it full times instead of your normal daily job. You just put a poll up I checked the results of said current poll. 30 people have voted against what your thinking of doing. Now thats 10 more people then your total patreons count member wise. and 19 more than your review count. some of those people are possible future supporters. They have voiced their opinions in the poll you created. Now since as you have said your in this for the money would you like to gain some of those people as supporters at some point or lose them?
Also I guess I must be older and grew up in a different mind set. I know what its also like to work 70-80 hour weeks then come home and spend hour after hour working on my pc providing mods and content for others. I have done it for years as a hobby and a way to relax. I can say this much pirate site or not without these people here most games would go unnoticed and have very little to no support so the mindset the people here dont matter and only the current supporter matter is highly flawed as where did "those" supporters originate form? I know all mine came right from this site. Those people are now speaking in your poll now the questions do you listen or ignore them.

Derezz

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2019
the people here dont matter and only the current supporter matter
I don't have time to argue any further for today and I think I already explained what I want to say, so I'm just going to clear up this misunderstanding (or deliberate misunderstanding).

I never said the people here don't matter. If I thought like that, I never would want to open a thread here, create a poll or ask questions and get answers. What I'm talking about here is the people that who even not supporting me in no way(no positive comments, no positive reviews, already passed the financial way), but also who make aggressive and unhelpful comments when there's a little thing they don't like. I don't think these are real supporters. I would appreciate it if you take care not to make comments in a way that may cause misunderstandings.

Last edited:

Wolf Larsen

Feb 25, 2018
Also, people generally love this type of projects from the beginning and support for their progress. And that's what it should be. If you love and thinking of supporting it, just do it. It would be absurd to give no support to a project you love until the project is finished or goes too far. Developers spend an average of 3 months (at best and if you work hard, also not to mention the time spent creating the game for the first time) to make an episode of a quality game. So how far can you expect them to go without support?

Not for you, I'm saying it for anyone who expects a lot of content before supporting someone.
I found this ironic. Decisions like the one you made here are the main reason I don't support or even comment on any project at an early stage. Devs abandoning the game, devs changing the focus of the game... I don't trust them. And since you are not giving me a finished product, I have to trust that you will be giving the content I'm paying you for as you develop your game. But if you change your mind like that, why should I trust you?

Derezz

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2019
I found this ironic. Decisions like the one you made here are the main reason I don't support or even comment on any project at an early stage. Devs abandoning the game, devs changing the focus of the game... I don't trust them. And since you are not giving me a finished product, I have to trust that you will be giving the content I'm paying you for as you develop your game. But if you change your mind like that, why should I trust you?
You wouldn't make a continuation of an unsupported game, would you? Nah. But look, instead of doing that, I just wanted to add optional new paths. I said the main story will continue exactly the same, nothing will change. Only new minor, optional side stories will be added. People still don't empathize. Like you. You act like I said I'm going to change the whole game.

Last edited:

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
You wouldn't make a continuation of an unsupported game, would you? Nah. But look, instead of doing that, I just wanted to add optional new paths. I said the main story will continue exactly the same, nothing will change. Only new minor, optional side stories will be added. People still don't empathize. Like you.
because it's pointless to do that
you do that in order to touch other kinks that won't be added in the main story or with characters that won't be acting in those kinks
also you want to convince people to support you to also make side content "what if" ... nobody comes to a new dev and says "gee I hope he starts making new side content soon cause that;'s what I love , I didn't support him to continue the main story , nah fuck that, gimmie side content with kinks I probably don't like but I need them cause it's side content!!!!" you know?
so in case I wasn't clear or you (general you) think I'm not concise enough :
1. stay on main story , build an audience for that story, would be even better if you finished the main story, but if not , at least after at least a half way or something like that start thinking of side content and what ifs, though I really do hope you get that idea out of your mind since it would from my POV fuck up the people that support (I still have not found someone that subscribed to someone for side content)
2. cater to one niche, you want NTR?go for an NTR VN , you want Harem?go for a Harem VN, don't try to re-invent the wheel / mix them, it never ends well there are a few that have done that and are successful but those stories are few, and I'm not talking about couple of hundreds or around 1-2 thousands .. I mean successful.
3.if you don't handle well criticism, constructive criticism, shit posting, off topic and what not I suggest you interact less with anyone on the forum, if you interact for the sake of interacting you're gonna piss off the people you're interacting and yourself since some will either shitpost or just be harsh in their reviews/comments etc.

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
Is what BTLD said, being reasonable no one really care about optional content aka What ifs or optional paths, main story should be your focus, if you story isn't making your game succeed the way you want adding optinal content isn't going to help.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Voting in the poll is pointless because it's missing the option for not at all because most harem players hate any kind of NTR/sharing/swinging so even if it is only side content it ruins the characters.
The fact that you have the scene with the parents in the game was already a bad sign of what content we can expect in your game.

Also, the MC looks terrible.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Voting in the poll is pointless because it's missing the option for not at all because most harem players hate any kind of NTR/sharing/swinging so even if it is only side content it ruins the characters.
The fact that you have the scene with the parents in the game was already a bad sign of what content we can expect in your game.

Also, the MC looks terrible.
Yeah having that as more or less first scene in game instead of a scene with MC with someone is one of the things that held me back, hell it is for me just a fast forward scene an not even strong dislike, but not one that makes me happy or builds confidence at start of game about future either so game went immediately to pile of games to be watched later if would improve, not to be supported by me as was or to be forgotten if it was mainly about other dick/pussy as the start implied. :p

Same as when in a male MC game the first three scenes are lesbian I start to doubt game is about a male MC especially if he does not make any progress. I do not mind some setup and progression first, but then there has to be progression and slow with all main girls outside that relation as well (and if you do the slow it has to make sense. Mom for example does want it later on at end game beyond MC did some dishes without a shirt or similar while has a strong taboo in the name of a slow build up does not really cut it for me, even if that is a popular genre in itself. :p. Else I rather have it fast so it makes sense she did not have much of a taboo. Incest is a double edged sword since chars are not strangers and have an established relationship that impacts whether it makes sense what they do later). Everyone fucking like a rabbit but MC, is rarely hot for me unless you go for a female MC game about her corruption, which is a genre I pass over almost by definition. :p

A dev is free to do what he wishes and to include whatever he wants into his game, but those choices like the mom-dad scene early game always have consequences for whom is interested and will be willing to support a game. Just as in your personal life you can not please everybody as a dev, nor should you even try, and first impressions do count unfortunately when you play a game and who has that sex. Games are not books, movies or tv series and that gets even worse if released in episodes.

Last edited:

EJW

Jul 13, 2018
Is this the first game this dev has made? If so how much support does he expect to get after 2 or 3 updates? People who want to plat harem games took a look at the first release and you see a LI having sex. Yes, it was changed, but to harem lovers that is a no go. Those people won't support a game with that in the game and also the "other reality" the dev said he would put in other fetishes. That is making purest take a step back and wait. You have to build up trust to make money. Just my thoughts.

Jaango

Aug 15, 2021

Hey guys,

I won't keep it long and be frank.

Since I started making this game, I've done it from the heart and with pleasure. By spending all my free time from my daily job on it. At least as much as my daily job, by devoting time to it.

But lately, I don't think I've gotten anything worth the effort and time I've put into it. I worked almost every day for months to finish an episode, and the support I get in return was not worth it. So, this also makes me think that I have not been successful, my game was not successful enough and was not liked. Nevertheless, I tried to move the project forward a little, but my desire has dropped now. As I always say, I enjoyed doing this, but I can't continue without significant support and motivation. This really needs a hard work. At least for a work of the quality that I do. I did it like a job.

At the end of the day, what I mean is that I don't want to continue this project when I can do better things and achieving better results, by spending that much time in my life. There is much to be said, but I don't want to prolong it. Yes, unfortunately I'm quitting.

Many thanks to everyone who has supported me. I hope you all will always be successful in life.

After that, please cancel your membership and don't become a new member, there will be no updates.

Derezz is out. Peace out.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
well that's a shame. the game had alot of potential but the dev was all over the place. with the "What if" stories and trying to cast such a wide net. sandbox probably didnt help either.

a part of me would like to see the dev try again maybe even after doing some research on his audience.

on the other hand the dev shouldn't stress himself out. if he's done then he's done. he gave it a shot and that's more then enough.

if he decides to come back with a new project then maybe coming back under a new name would be better for him so he can start fresh and not as a dev who abandoned one game.

either way Good luck dev on whatever you decide.

Reactions: User1230 and DA22

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
There is nothing rare about a young adult having anxiety troubles and serious social distancing.
Devoid of social skills, this game made it impossible to get into any character.
MC knows of his powers, but we, the players, have no idea.
Dev knows of spin offs and calls himself the asshole for leaving us with nothing to show for our gaming.
It was pointed out to dev that the said gears that are bright yellow in the introduction,
are actually transparent in the game itself. It makes it hard to near impossible to spot.
That did not phase the dev, who said there is a trick to ren py games that reveals hidden objects.
So, right off the bat, dev presumed we are all pro gamers who would use tricks to enjoy a game.
Better yet, dev assumed hard core gamers would even consider a game such as this and
have fun hunting for near impossible to spot gears to get to some content and make it all worth gaming for.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Its sad to see a game that could have had potential with a little rewrite at the start and follow aong with the original comcept of a harem game. The start was the first killer of this game with the mom Li sex scene the final nail came the other day with these messed up ideas of his by adding content the original fan base never likes. The poll betrayed him and he didn't like it so he walks away instead of manning up and and saying yea that was dumb lets fix the first release aad make this game shine..... Oh wait If I dont make money fuck you all....

Sngo

May 9, 2020
You wouldn't make a continuation of an unsupported game, would you? Nah. But look, instead of doing that, I just wanted to add optional new paths. I said the main story will continue exactly the same, nothing will change. Only new minor, optional side stories will be added. People still don't empathize. Like you. You act like I said I'm going to change the whole game.
First and foremost you are free to do what you want like the people are free to support what they want. You choose your audience and that audience "failed" you.
Right when I got to the mom dad scene your game for me was sent directly to the trash bin. Game was still in early development and you go following the new trend of the "what if's" instead of developing main story and to make it worse with the kind of content that had go in there, i hate NTR/sharing/swinging do you really think I would spend a penny supporting you if you do that even if it's side story or whatever ? Hell no I will not contribute to that crap, don't forget even if it's optional we always end to know what happened there or see a screenshot in some discord, post here or whatever and not just that if the character that we get to know and like can have a turn of personality to act the shitty way they act in NTR you already fucked up that character for me so yeah I will not contribute to that, there where games I supported that ended doing or trying to do the "what if" crap and my support to them ended in the same instance, now about giving a review sure it's easy and free but with the new trends of dev not maintaining their word or put unwanted content out of the blue that's why very rarely give a early review otherwise when that happen or if happen to shit content being added that review will change for a 1 pretty fast. You wanted to cater 2 completely different audience and that failed you and not just that but grinding to see other's get the reward of our effort ty but no ty.

Choose your audience at the start, you want NTR go for it and stick with a NTR story if you don't want NTR don't put that shit later on or do "what if's" with that kind of content and don't put voyeurism shit of others fucking specially when are fucking our LI's because many of your non NTR audience will cancel the support in the main game because of that side Storys too.
Grind is never fun but is even more unpleasant to grind and see other's enjoy the rewards of our grind.

Jan 28, 2020
When content is so different from the main game that it has to be separated, that should be a pretty good indicator that it doesn't belong.

Even if it's fully avoidable, people would rather support a creator that's going to spend 100% of their time on content they like over a creator that spend 50% of their time on content they don't like.

3.50 star(s) 11 Votes